• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vladmir Putin

TheGirlNextDoor


DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I think right now Putin sees this as nothing more than an opportunity to embarrass the US (specifically Obama) and make himself look more 'presidential'. Putin has no respect for Obama.

“Rushing in such cases can lead to results completely contrary to expectations.”

Well, you are not exactly rushing, are ya? ;) Congress is discussing this in a week time.

For once I agree with Putin our adventures in the ME have seldom gone according to plan. It is easy for us to take a dictator down but what is always a threat to take the dictator's place is an Islamic fundamentalist government that even when democratically elected are tyrannical in nature with no respect for women or other minorities. Democracy without respect for individual liberty is nothing more than tyranny of the majority.

...aaahh...the right wing "patriots"...having another tender moment with dear leader ...Vlady Putin.
How sweet!:3oops:

...aaahh...the right wing "patriots"...having another tender moment with dear leader ...Vlady Putin.
Ironically..."left wingers" (since you want to make this a 'wing thing-Im assuming you are left wing?) are advocating for a rush to war without proof, without UN support...why...you have become George Bush! Thats...hysterical!

Hey...where were you back in May when chem weapons were used. Were you clamoring for Obama to act against the perpetrators? And just WHAT exactly are you hoping for here? Open war? Launching a few hundred missiles (cuz that will show em)? What is your end game that you want to see happen? Against who? And what happens if/when it is shown that the perps were NOT in fact Assad?

Care to clarify that foolish statement? Why are you throwing partisan hyperbole into the ring?

Do you have an actual opinion on the leader of Russia and his statement? If not, then I wonder why you're here, if it's not to put forth some kind of cognitive thought on the issues of the day.

Well, you are not exactly rushing, are ya? ;) Congress is discussing this in a week time.

Heya Canell. :2wave: That's a mere formality. ;) I think us moving the Nimitz and it's entire Strike group into the Red Sea says it all.

U.S. military officials are using the delay to reassess which ships will be used for a strike, and which sites in Syria to target. One change was a decision to send the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier and its entire strike group toward the Red Sea to help support the Syria strike, if needed.....snip~

Obama and aides confront skeptical Congress on Syria strike

Serious, or no? Syria and Russia are allies. Should we worry?

Obama Prepares for Syria Action With Intelligence Report - Bloomberg

Heya TGND.
hat.gif
Here is some more on Putin and how things are looking for him. Here is how he is looking to get back Obama and us. ;)

Analysis: Putin sees chance to turn tables on Obama at G20

Less than three months after Vladimir Putin was cast as a pariah over Syria at the last big meeting of world leaders, the Russian president has glimpsed a chance to turn the tables on Barack Obama.

Yet at a G8 summit in Northern Ireland in June, Putin was isolated over his backing for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and scowled his way through talks with Obama, who later likened him to a "bored kid in the back of the classroom."

Putin has ignored the jibe and stood his ground over Assad, dismissing Obama's allegations that Syrian government forces carried out a chemical weapons attack on August 21.

Buoyed by growing pressure on the U.S., French and British leaders over Syria, the former KGB spy has also now hit back in comments referring ironically to Obama as a Nobel Peace laureate and portraying U.S. global policy as a failure.

"We need to remember what's happened in the last decade, the number of times the United States has initiated armed conflicts in various parts of the world. Has it solved a single problem?" Putin asked reporters on Saturday in the city of Vladivostok.

"Afghanistan, as I said, Iraq ... After all, there is no peace there, no democracy, which our partners allegedly sought," he said during a tour of Russia's far east.

"Is it in the United States' interests once again to destroy the international security system, the fundamentals of international law? Will it strengthen the United States' international standing? Hardly," he said.

PUTIN'S GRANDSTANDING

"From Russian officials and certainly the Russian media, there continue to be allegations that the United States has an agenda focused on regime change (in Syria), that the United States is driving tumult in the Middle East for its own ends," a senior U.S. administration official in Washington said. "There is also a cynical element where anti-Americanism has been successful to rally public opinion."

PUTIN EMBOLDENED

"I don't get the sense that Russia is overly concerned about its international image in this regard," said the senior U.S. administration official. "It takes pride in being independent ... Russia is not timid or bashful when it comes to Syria support.".....snip~

Analysis: Putin sees chance to turn tables on Obama at G20

Personally, I would rather address the issue than the people involved. The fact Hitler loved dogs does not mean dogs are bad. The fact Putin has a strong interest in the status quo does not mean we have a strong interest in upsetting the status quo. I look at the recent history in the ME. I look at the fact that Islamic fundamentalists are raising cane through out the world and I ask if it is in our interest to get involved in Syria. In my opinion the answer is no.

Obama out think you people again. Assad is systematically butchering his people today ....he cannot stay in power. Obama wants to soften his attack and allow the rebels to finish him off. Obama has no intention for a protracted war....this isn't Iraq. Bush lied to get us into that war ....there were no WMD and Saddam had no plans to attack us ....and the killing of the Iraqi people by Saddam ....that's was over 15 years before bush invaded that country.

The Syrians will have to figure out where they go after Assad falls....and I trust after seeing the US hit Assad those remaining will not in turn follow Assad's actions.
Look...there really is no reason for the right-wing idiots being against this strike .....other than Obama is for it.

That's the only thing you people react to ...Obama say yes ...you say no...Obama say no....you say yes. You people have been doing this ever since Obama took the WH ...and you doing to the demise of the country.....you do it often contradicting your very own positions ...and now you do it siding with the Russians.

Look where you lunatics are today ....siding with the Russians against America and Israel. :roll:

You people have no plans ...no ideas ...your only mission is to disrupt and destroy the country .,....think you're hurting Obama.

Hey, MMC. :2bow:

I'm curious what Obama would do if Congress says "no". :) I wish Congress says "no". ;)

I think I showed you already.....we wouldn't be moving a whole Strike force to give support after already Sending in 5 Other Ships. Although Obama must be worried a little bit about Assad's defenses.

Course by the time we go to do anything. Assad will already have all the good stuff tucked away around some civilians. Others moved elsewhere. So what do we hit, then?

Even the Rebels are pulling back so their people don't get caught into the mix.

Moreover now Putin, Assad, Iran, are doing some major smack talking. Plus others are already saying Internationally that Obama has stepped back. So I think now Obama's ego will come into play and he say whatever and then strike. So that he don't look like a deceiver. No matter what Congress says.

So I think now Obama's ego will come into play and he say whatever and then strike. So that he don't look like a deceiver. No matter what Congress says.

Wow, wait a minute, MMC. Don't you think that if Congress says "no" and Obama says "Screw you, I'm bombing Syria anyway", that would be the greatest embarrassment for Obama?

Wow, wait a minute, MMC. Don't you think that if Congress says "no" and Obama says "Screw you, I'm bombing Syria anyway", that would be the greatest embarrassment for Obama?

Nope.....because his cabinet will inform him that he has a legal out. Also I think if Reid knows Obama can't get the votes he wont go with a full Senate vote. He will go with the Senate Arms Committee.

Johnny Quest McCain went to visit Obama today. The Neo Cons and Neo Libs are lining up together on this one.

Plus in the end he will blame it on the Republicans anyways.

Incoming.....
grenade_toss-animated.gif
The Russians are calling!

Russian MPs want to fly to Washington to sway Syria vote

Russian lawmakers want to travel to Washington to urge the U.S. Congress not to back President Barack Obama's plan for military strikes on Syria, the speaker of the upper house of parliament told President Vladimir Putin on Monday.

Dismissing U.S. accusations that the Syrian government had killed hundreds of its own people with poison gas as nothing but "talk", senior legislator Valentina Matviyenko said both chambers were ready to send delegations.

We hope that the U.S. Congress will occupy a balanced position in the end and without strong arguments in place ... will not support the proposal on use of force in Syria," Matviyenko added.....snip~

Russian MPs want to fly to Washington to sway Syria vote

Serious, or no? Syria and Russia are allies. Should we worry?

Obama Prepares for Syria Action With Intelligence Report - Bloomberg

The Russians rely on oil and gas from Iran and Iran is supporting Syria so Russia is supporting its own interests. Furthermore, as long as the islamists are involved in Syria (or anywhere else in the ME) then they are less of a threat in the Caucasus. Russia's biggest fear is that if Syria becomes friendly to the west then so will Iraq which will then put a whole lot of pressure on Iran to fall in line. If that happens then Russia's primary oil and gas supply (which is its bargaining chip with western Europe) will be in jeopardy. With less bargaining power with the west China can then put pressure on them from the east and, strategically, they're screwed.

Congress will not say no. The one thing our two major parties agree on is blowing people up across the globe. Then they wonder why they hate us. Newsflash: It ain't because of our freedoms.

The Russians rely on oil and gas from Iran and Iran is supporting Syria so Russia is supporting its own interests. Furthermore, as long as the islamists are involved in Syria (or anywhere else in the ME) then they are less of a threat in the Caucasus. Russia's biggest fear is that if Syria becomes friendly to the west then so will Iraq which will then put a whole lot of pressure on Iran to fall in line. If that happens then Russia's primary oil and gas supply (which is its bargaining chip with western Europe) will be in jeopardy. With less bargaining power with the west China can then put pressure on them from the east and, strategically, they're screwed.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Back
Top Bottom