• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vladmir Putin

I except the evidence that Sarin gas was used. But nobody has produced any evidence of who initiated the attack of using sarin gas. No evidence has been produced that it was Assad who ordered the use of sarin gas. No one has produced any evidence that it wasn't Al Qaeda and the rebels who gassed civilians and pointing the finger at Assad.

Then we have the same old credibility problem with the Obama administration. They have a 4 1/2 year track record of being liars.

Good afternoon, CJ. :2wave:IF AlQueda (sp) is proven to have used chemical weapons on their own people to cause chaos in the region, why should we consider them friendly to the US? I cite Egypt as a recent example of what can go wrong with overthrowing a regime. :shock:

That's what Putin says too. Guess you're backing him here?

Anyone who urges restraint in this unproven quagmire of accusations and denials of who used chemical weapons should be heard! Why on earth would you take that to mean people back Putin? Sheesh! :thumbdown:

Half of Congress are saying the same thing and many of them are Democrats.

Good afternoon, APACHERAT. :2wave:

:agree: When it is likely that women and children will die as a result of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's not unusual to want to hear the truthful facts before approving any action that will result in those deaths! This isn't a "whoops, I'm sorry I was wrong " type of minor event! :shock:

Anyone who urges restraint in this unproven quagmire of accusations and denials of who used chemical weapons should be heard! Why on earth would you take that to mean people back Putin? Sheesh! :thumbdown:

I favor restraint and not getting involved. When, however, someone parrots Putin's stance exactly...well....what would you think?

The evidence seems to be that it was the Assad regime. That said, I think staying out of it is our best option.

Good afternoon, CJ. :2wave:IF AlQueda (sp) is proven to have used chemical weapons on their own people to cause chaos in the region, why should we consider them friendly to the US? I cite Egypt as a recent example of what can go wrong with overthrowing a regime. :shock:

Everything the Obama administration has done in the Middle East and North Africa in the past 4 1/2 years has gone wrong.

But that should have been expected, Obama and those he surrounded himself with are second rate and never think things through. They never think of the consequences that could occur.

That's the way leftist do things. Always wanting change and hoping that maybe they will get it right but they rarely do. They never think of the consequences of their changes.

Look at Egypt, Obama threw Mebarak under the bus and supported the Arab Spring. Those who Obama surrounded himself with never showed Obama a map and pointed out the Suez Canal to Obama and explained the importance of the Suez canal. If the canal is closed or just one ship is sunk in the canal. most of Europe is screwed. The Suez Canal is the main route from the Pacific to Europe. Just last week Egyptian extremist attacked and tried to sink a ship in the canal.

The international maritime industry are already thinking of the worse cenarion and are looking at the Arctic as a route to get from the Pacific to Europe. This is where the Russians come in. Look at the globe.The Russians have more ice breakers than all of the other countries combined. Not sure how far Russian territory extends into the Arctic, but they control it.

Just out of curiosity...care to venture a guess as to why the Brits backed out and why the UN isnt demanding action against the perpetrators of a chemical attack? Or why the attack in March was ignored?

It's all part of the worldwide conspiracy against Conservatism.

The attack in March wasn't ignored, the inspectors were there to investigate that when the most recent attack happened. As far as the Brits, they probably have the good sense to stay out of it, and the UN's mandate didn't include discovering the guilty party, simply if chem weapons were used.

I favor restraint and not getting involved. When, however, someone parrots Putin's stance exactly...well....what would you think?

The evidence seems to be that it was the Assad regime. That said, I think staying out of it is our best option.
You have heard the saying a broken clock is still right twice a day?
Britain agrees with Putin. Democrats agree with Putin.

And then there is this...

(Reuters) - U.N. human rights investigators have gathered testimony from casualties of Syria's civil war and medical staff indicating that rebel forces have used the nerve agent sarin, one of the lead investigators said on Sunday.

The United Nations independent commission of inquiry on Syria has not yet seen evidence of government forces having used chemical weapons, which are banned under international law, said commission member Carla Del Ponte.

"Our investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated," Del Ponte said in an interview with Swiss-Italian television.

"This was use on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities," she added, speaking in Italian.

It's all part of the worldwide conspiracy against Conservatism.

The attack in March wasn't ignored, the inspectors were there to investigate that when the most recent attack happened. As far as the Brits, they probably have the good sense to stay out of it, and the UN's mandate didn't include discovering the guilty party, simply if chem weapons were used.
Thats just got to be one of your top 3 goofiest comments ever. Its anti-Obama...and you want to make it an attack on "conservatism' (oh thats right...everything with you has got to be about 'conservatives'). The UN DID in fact investigate the attack in March and found it to be perpetrated by Rebels...you know...Obamas peeps. So...why was that 'red line' ignored by OBAMA? Why didnt that inspire action?
(Reuters) - U.N. human rights investigators have gathered testimony from casualties of Syria's civil war and medical staff indicating that rebel forces have used the nerve agent sarin, one of the lead investigators said on Sunday.

The United Nations independent commission of inquiry on Syria has not yet seen evidence of government forces having used chemical weapons, which are banned under international law, said commission member Carla Del Ponte.

"Our investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated," Del Ponte said in an interview with Swiss-Italian television.

"This was use on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities," she added, speaking in Italian.

Well, the UN hasn't dismissed the Russian's evidence and Ban ki Moon did say the UN is not advocating for any military Response. They want a diplomatic solution.

Good afternoon, APACHERAT. :2wave:

:agree: When it is likely that women and children will die as a result of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's not unusual to want to hear the truthful facts before approving any action that will result in those deaths! This isn't a "whoops, I'm sorry I was wrong " type of minor event! :shock:

You will never hear Obama admitting that he was ever wrong. Narcissist rarely do that, they usually look for others to blame.

Over the decades we have witnessed that Arabs have no problem with killing (murdering) other innocent Arabs.

Look at the Iraq war, over 90 % of the Muslim civilians who were killed were killed by other Muslims not Americans or Brits.

Something doesn't jive, why would Assad resort to a gas attack when he was already winning ?

Well, the UN hasn't dismissed the Russian's evidence and Ban ki Moon did say the UN is not advocating for any military Response. They want a diplomatic solution.

I'm not advocating for a military response either. I advocate for staying the **** out no matter who did what.

And that isn't the right path for them? Why do you think democracy is the answer for everyone?

I don't. let's just say there has been a lot of bloodshed to get Egypt back in the same place it was before. Maybe the French Revolution is theie model. Whatever it ends up being we need to keep a low profile.

I'm not advocating for a military response either. I advocate for staying the **** out no matter who did what.

Yeah I am in agreement there on that.....or I'll accept going total War and take out all those fighting Brigades, Rebels, and Assad. While reducing a lot of problems going forward. Funny how a lot of those brigades of the Rebels are on terror lists. Or belong to other groups outside of Syria.....huh?

Any reason to let them go anywheres?

Rocket, what have you heard? I have heard nothing since the recent UN report stating it was the rebels. Further, there is an article by Reuters on the internet dated May 6, 2013 titled "UN Has Testimony That Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Gas."...... Why does this administration insist it was Assad, when the UN sent investigators to Syria to learn who was responsible?

:agree: We should stay far away from this mess! Too many unknowns to justify killing any more people!

Back
Top Bottom