• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vladmir Putin

Serious, or no? Syria and Russia are allies. Should we worry?

Obama Prepares for Syria Action With Intelligence Report - Bloomberg

Looking at it from Russia's pov....I think Russis will do what is best for Russia. Apparently, Russia has a problem with muslim extremists in their own country, so they probably have a legitimate concern to keep muslim extremists from taking over Syria and gaining a foothold in the ME.

Putin embarrassed Bush on several occassions, too. But I don't think his intention is to embarrass US presidents per say but rather US foreign policy in the ME.

"...Despite the sparring, there was none of the tension and anger that crackled in Bratislava, Slovakia, 17 months ago when Bush challenged Putin over Russia's crackdown on dissent and retreat from democracy and the Russian president slapped back. After that jarring meeting, Bush concluded that lecturing Putin in public was unproductive. Still, Bush said he offered Putin some suggestions.

``I talked about my desire to promote institutional change in parts of the world like Iraq where there's a free press and free religion,'' Bush said at the news conference, ``and I told him that a lot of people in our country would hope that Russia would do the same thing.''

Putin, in a barbed reply, said: ``We certainly would not want to have the same kind of democracy as they have in Iraq, I will tell you quite honestly.'' Bush's face reddened as he tried to laugh off the remark. `Just wait,'' Bush replied about Iraq...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-topic/1270656-putin-mocks-iraq-quagmire-g8-summit.html

I don't think Putin is anxious to have a confrontation with the US any more than Obama is or was anxious to strike Syria for using chemical weapons. But they might have harbored ill feelings because of US intervention in Kosovo and the US refusal to sign Russia into the WTO....not to mention the mess the US made in Iraq which inspired an increase in Muslim extremism.

Apparently, Russia hasn't delivered military weapons to Assad because they haven't been paid......

Russia Delays Arms Supplies to Syria over Money

That suggests the Russians are either not keen on military build up in Syria...or they don't think Assad will be in a position to pay them in the future. Either way, they don't seem to be supplying Assad with military weapons. But maybe that would change if the US strikes Assads military and assets.

Last edited:
Look where you lunatics are today ....siding with the Russians against America and Israel. :roll:

You people have no plans ...no ideas ...your only mission is to disrupt and destroy the country .,....think you're hurting Obama.

It is RT media successfully influencing USA. Even a guy named Peck or Beck, choose to reinforce what Russia says compared to what Obama says instead:

Glenn Beck Shocking Video THIS Is Who We Are Helping In Syria! SHARE WITH EVERYONE! - YouTube

Beck even wants us to share this! Spread the influence even further!

I think I showed you already.....we wouldn't be moving a whole Strike force to give support after already Sending in 5 Other Ships. Although Obama must be worried a little bit about Assad's defenses.

Course by the time we go to do anything. Assad will already have all the good stuff tucked away around some civilians. Others moved elsewhere. So what do we hit, then?

Even the Rebels are pulling back so their people don't get caught into the mix.

Moreover now Putin, Assad, Iran, are doing some major smack talking. Plus others are already saying Internationally that Obama has stepped back. So I think now Obama's ego will come into play and he say whatever and then strike. So that he don't look like a deceiver. No matter what Congress says.

Here is another insight. Muslims are divided between Sunni and Shia. If the USA has been favoring the Sunni's and Shia got threatened, then all Shia countries are seeking shelter with Russia (aren't they in for a big surprise!).

This could redraw the maps in the ME. If left unchallenged.

Obama abandoned the Middle East, his Middle east foreign policies have all been a complete failure.

Russia filled that vacuum that Obama created and Russia is the big outsider in the Middle East who now has the influence.

Even the Egyptian military are now looking at Russia.

Now Putin just doesn't like Obama, Putin thinks Obama is the perfect example of a pantywaist.

The Middle East is really relying on Putin and Russia are they not? Talk about complete ignorance of history. Islam got most widespread through the Ottoman Empire. Now Russia freaking beat it down to crap! Do they want more than this? Okay.

Ever since the Ottoman Empire withdrawal, countries that switched religion to Islam so as to oppose assimilation from neighboring Orthodox Christians (i.e., us) had a pretty bad time since then! We had several massacres ranging from 1878, 1912, 1944, and 1999. Basically each time we had a break from their oppression they got back with revenge. More? Okay.

Just - Afghanistan, during Russia's occupation!

I do not know what they see in Russia that they like as much. Perhaps their media has been needlessly demonizing the West so bad to save themselves since Israel and the Gulf war that they left out Russia. Now they want to rely on them?! Well be my guest at crawling and begging for help not more than a mere decade later!

Is anyone else reminded of that idiot Yeltsin, and his comments about 'possible world war' after Kosovo? Moron was 'retired' almost overnight.

Stupid Russkies. Stfu, or we'll withhold the credits.

Here is another insight. Muslims are divided between Sunni and Shia. If the USA has been favoring the Sunni's and Shia got threatened, then all Shia countries are seeking shelter with Russia (aren't they in for a big surprise!).

This could redraw the maps in the ME. If left unchallenged.

Mornin DDD. :2wave: Well truthfully the Shia has another enemy. That is time. Their population is being decimated. They have to try and take on the West and the Sunni, as well as the rest of the world. They have only one chance left.

To be Assimilated and that's it.....mixed breeding and dropping their ideology. All of it, Political and religious.

There really isn't that many Countries that are ran by the Shia. Iran/Persia.....has accepted the fake doctrine over that of their own people. Get rid of the clerics in Iran. One gets rid of the problem with them permanently. Which then they can go back to being Persians again. Which would be better for the rest of the planet.

Mornin DDD
. :2wave: Well truthfully the Shia has another enemy. That is time. Their population is being decimated. They have to try and take on the West and the Sunni, as well as the rest of the world. They have only one chance left.

To be Assimilated and that's it.....mixed breeding and dropping their ideology. All of it, Political and religious.

There really isn't that many Countries that are ran by the Shia. Iran/Persia.....has accepted the fake doctrine over that of their own people. Get rid of the clerics in Iran. One gets rid of the problem with them permanently. Which then they can go back to being Persians again. Which would be better for the rest of the planet.

Hay MMC :2wave:

I know, but I do not see them going through it as easily. No one wants assimilation. Look they are hiding behind Russia (God, how will they regret it!), and Iran is on with nuclear bomb development.

Hay MMC :2wave:

I know, but I do not see them going through it as easily. No one wants assimilation. Look they are hiding behind Russia (God, how will they regret it!), and Iran is on with nuclear bomb development.

It might look like that.....but just like the Sunni uses and manipulates the West. So to the Shia with those who support them. Course Russia and China wouldn't hesitate to turn them into dust if they get caught sticking them in the back.

Now we always get stabbed in the back with the Sunni. Yet no one makes them suffer that price.

Myself I wish we would just stop listening to them.....turn around and tell them like it is. You will pay us protection from now on. Til the end of your days. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Failure to pay.....requires an offer you can't refuse. ;)

Obama abandoned the Middle East, his Middle east foreign policies have all been a complete failure.

Russia filled that vacuum that Obama created and Russia is the big outsider in the Middle East who now has the influence.

Even the Egyptian military are now looking at Russia.

Now Putin just doesn't like Obama, Putin thinks Obama is the perfect example of a pantywaist.

Russia's 'friendship" with Syria and Iran pre-dates Obama by a long time. Try again.

You people always fall on the wrong side of history .....you always get it wrong.

Iraq was the wrong war.

This Strike ...will be the right action.

Remember ...you guys couldn't wait to get into Iraq in 2003 ....to save people Saddam gassed 1988.

And all of sudden you can't stomach a strike that won't involve ground troops ...that can save lives being lost now???

Your insane partisan stance ....sickening. The idea that nothing ...no matter what the situation is ...means you must always be against the president ...is sickening.
I remember in 2003 how you guys wanted all America to ..."come together and invade Iraq.
I remember how the Dixie Chicks literally had to run for their lives because they simply disagree.

Remember Michelle Bachman cries of communist among the democratic party.....and now look ...look at the right wing siding with Vldimir and Assad...against America and Israel......very very sickening to see.

Citizenship should means something .....it shouldn't be ...part-time. Any idiot can criticize America and the President ...and receive cheers from the right right-wing ...including Russia...and it's sickening to watch.
You DO know what the word Literally means, and the difference between literally and figuratively? Right?
Oh...and please DO continue on about how democrats and liberals...you know...YOU PEOPLE...gave evidence...proof certain of Saddams possession of chemical weapons, voted for the war, then suddenly changed their tune come election time. PLEASE tell me that wasnt all due to mindless partisanship.

Well look at Egypt. They are going back the right path are they not?

Are you serious? They seem to be back where they were before all this started after a disastrous run by the Muslim Brotherhood.

It appears Russia will give warning to Assad about inbound missiles.....and they are bit on edge too.

As President Barack Obama wrestled with doubters in Congress ahead of votes next week on possible U.S. strikes on Syria, Israeli forces training with the U.S. navy in the Mediterranean set nerves on edge in Damascus with a missile test that triggered an alert from the Syrian government's ally Russia.

MISSILE FIRED

When Russia raised the alarm on Tuesday morning that its forces had detected the launch of two ballistic "objects" in the Mediterranean, thoughts of a surprise strike on Syria pushed oil prices higher on world markets and must have put the troops operating Syria's Russian-equipped air defense system on alert.

A Syrian security official later told a Lebanese television channel that its early warning radar had picked up no threats.

Clarification came only later when the Israeli Defence Ministry said that its troops had - at the time of the Russian alert - fired a missile that is used as a target for an anti-missile defense system during an exercise with U.S. forces.

With U.S. warships in place and ready to launch cruise missiles on Obama's order, no decision is likely until days after Congress returns from its summer recess on Monday.

Obama's gamble to seek congressional backing carries many risks, chief among them is that Congress will again thwart him and make him and the United States look weak around the world.....snip~

Syria refugees top two million, U.N. sees worst crisis since Vietnam

Are you serious? They seem to be back where they were before all this started after a disastrous run by the Muslim Brotherhood.

And that isn't the right path for them? Why do you think democracy is the answer for everyone?

Russia's 'friendship" with Syria and Iran pre-dates Obama by a long time. Try again.

Islam respects strength, one who's has no problem with using the sword.

Now look at Obama and then Putin. Who's the pantywaist ?

Islam watched as four Americans were being murdered in Benghazi and Obama did nothing. He did nothing to save their lives and didn't retaliate. Instead Obama blamed in on a You Tube video because he was more concerned getting reelected and given a second chance.

You may remember Mogadishu when the naked body of an American soldier was dragged through the streets. Clinton had the talk but didn't have the walk. He threaten and then cut and ran. It lit the fuse for 9-11-01.

My self, I don't have the same ideology of Barack Obama's father, Obama does. I don't have to pick sides on this religious civil war taking place in Syria. I'm against both sides. I would like to see both sides lose. The way I look at it, it's evil vs. evil. If Obama had any cajones he would Tomahawkem both the Assad regime and the Rebels.

Islam respects strength, one who's has no problem with using the sword.

Now look at Obama and then Putin. Who's the pantywaist ?

Islam watched as four Americans were being murdered in Benghazi and Obama did nothing. He did nothing to save their lives and didn't retaliate. Instead Obama blamed in on a You Tube video because he was more concerned getting reelected and given a second chance.

You may remember Mogadishu when the naked body of an American soldier was dragged through the streets. Clinton had the talk but didn't have the walk. He threaten and then cut and ran. It lit the fuse for 9-11-01.

My self, I don't have the same ideology of Barack Obama's father, Obama does. I don't have to pick sides on this religious civil war taking place in Syria. I'm against both sides. I would like to see both sides lose. The way I look at it, it's evil vs. evil. If Obama had any cajones he would Tomahawkem both the Assad regime and the Rebels.

Now that Boehner backs a strike on Syria, it looks like we will be using the sword. You're against it because you hate Obama, but you favor it because we need to "use the sword." Bombing them both would be stupid. If you're going to get involved, pick sides. I don't want the strikes to happen, but if you're going to shove yourself into a civil war at least do it right and pick a side. Bombing both wouldn't accomplish anything except getting rid of surplus missiles and cash (money that could be used for WH tours to use one of your pet "issues").

Putin doesn't back Assad because Obama's a "pantywaist." It continues Russian foreign policy that's been going back for some time - before Obama or Putin.

Now that Boehner backs a strike on Syria, it looks like we will be using the sword. You're against it because you hate Obama, but you favor it because we need to "use the sword." Bombing them both would be stupid. If you're going to get involved, pick sides. I don't want the strikes to happen, but if you're going to shove yourself into a civil war at least do it right and pick a side. Bombing both wouldn't accomplish anything except getting rid of surplus missiles and cash (money that could be used for WH tours to use one of your pet "issues").

Putin doesn't back Assad because Obama's a "pantywaist." It continues Russian foreign policy that's been going back for some time - before Obama or Putin.

I except the evidence that Sarin gas was used. But nobody has produced any evidence of who initiated the attack of using sarin gas. No evidence has been produced that it was Assad who ordered the use of sarin gas. No one has produced any evidence that it wasn't Al Qaeda and the rebels who gassed civilians and pointing the finger at Assad.

Then we have the same old credibility problem with the Obama administration. They have a 4 1/2 year track record of being liars.

Heya Rocket you said it.....Putin is following long drawn interests for his Country.

Now whats our excuse for backing some traitors and terrorists?

While I like your analysis I have to disagree about the oil. The Western Siberian fields are in significant decline and new production is going to have to come from East Siberia which will be both difficult and expensive. Right now Russia's best bet is the Priobskoye field but if prices drop much under $100/bbl then it probably won't be economically viable to increase development. As far as developing reserves farther east or farther north.....well, they better hope global warming kicks in like Al Gore says it will.

I don't mean to quibble but for the most part that still isn't true. I'd never dispute that Russia has deep infrastructural problems with it's oil and gas industry, but it is nowhere near the point of needing to import a massive quantity of gas or crude.

Heya Rocket you said it.....Putin is following long drawn interests for his Country.

Now whats our excuse for backing some traitors and terrorists?

That I couldn't tell you. I'd rather stay out of it.

Your kinda over looking our friendship with Iran. Think of the Shah of Iran. Remember now ?

Sure, why do you think we supported the Shah? A buttress against the Soviets.

He's gone, Russia made nice with the Ayatollahs. That's going back more than 30 years, long before the big O.

I except the evidence that Sarin gas was used. But nobody has produced any evidence of who initiated the attack of using sarin gas. No evidence has been produced that it was Assad who ordered the use of sarin gas. No one has produced any evidence that it wasn't Al Qaeda and the rebels who gassed civilians and pointing the finger at Assad.

Then we have the same old credibility problem with the Obama administration. They have a 4 1/2 year track record of being liars.

That's what Putin says too. Guess you're backing him here?

That's what Putin says too. Guess you're backing him here?
Just out of curiosity...care to venture a guess as to why the Brits backed out and why the UN isnt demanding action against the perpetrators of a chemical attack? Or why the attack in March was ignored?

Back
Top Bottom