• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vladimir Zelensky's Statesmanship - A Man for All Seasons!

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Switching from speaking Ukrainian to Russian, Zelensky appealed to the Russian people to make a choice “between life and slavery.”

People of Russia … this is the time when you can still win over the evil,” he said.

“We are Ukrainians. We need peace. We want peace. And for Russian citizens it's not only the fight for peace in Ukraine but for your peace and for your freedom. You used to see it. You knew prosperity…If you will be silent now, then only your poverty will speak for you”, Zelensky continued.

--

Unfortunately, the linked source article for this is a constantly updating & scrolling 'Breaking News Live Thread'. There is no perma-linked article. So if you desire to see the full source, you will need scroll down the linked news thread to the article time-stamped a little over six hours previous to the DP time-stamp of my OP.

--

Despite my reticence in posting sources without a perma-link, I felt this story is interesting enough that I had to post it.

Just look at Zelensky's plea to the Russian citizens. Keep in mind that at one time The Ukraine was part of the Russian empire, and there's a shared Russian cultural heritage between the two. Then, look how well Zelenksy phrased his plea. The succinctness, the poignancy, the appeal for righteousness.

I now clearly see how Zelensky, the ultimate dark-horse candidate, came to become the People's choice for President. He is a 'man for all seasons', no doubt about it! The term, 'man for all seasons', may have fallen into disuse; but Mr' Zelensky very much seems to embody it.

--

Unfortunately, the linked source article for this is a constantly updating & scrolling 'Breaking News Live Thread'. There is no perma-linked article. So if you desire to see the full source, you will need scroll down the linked news thread to the article time-stamped a little over six hours previous to the DP time-stamp of my OP.

--

Despite my reticence in posting sources without a perma-link, I felt this story is interesting enough that I had to post it.

Just look at Zelensky's plea to the Russian citizens. Keep in mind that at one time The Ukraine was part of the Russian empire, and there's a shared Russian cultural heritage between the two. Then, look how well Zelenksy phrased his plea. The succinctness, the poignancy, the appeal for righteousness.

I now clearly see how Zelensky, the ultimate dark-horse candidate, came to become the People's choice for President. He is a 'man for all seasons', no doubt about it! The term, 'man for all seasons', may have fallen into disuse; but Mr' Zelensky very much seems to embody it.
From what I can see the guy's doing a damn good job. I saw a piece last night with clips from his performing career - You'd never guess it was the same guy; singing, dancing, acting goofy. His "I don't what a ride I want weapons" when offered a flight out is a classic.

From what I can see the guy's doing a damn good job. I saw a piece last night with clips from his performing career - You'd never guess it was the same guy; singing, dancing, acting goofy. His "I don't what a ride I want weapons" when offered a flight out is a classic.

Thanks for the reply. And thanks for shifting gears in a thread different from the one where we disagree.

Yeah, Zelensky's pretty amazing IMO. A comedian! Think about that? And, now look at him!

And yes, he has a way with rhetoric, which is why i posted this thread.

My father used that phrase quite often. Man of all seasons. Of course, that applies to women also. Fight a war, save a kitten, paint a house, cry over a sad movie
, change a tire at 4:30 in the morning, love your spouse with great fervor, then tell some prick to F..off.

Thanks for the reply. And thanks for shifting gears in a thread different from the one where we disagree.

Yeah, Zelensky's pretty amazing IMO. A comedian! Think about that? And, now look at him!

And yes, he has a way with rhetoric, which is why i posted this thread.
Yeah, as I mentioned on that thread I was gobsmacked by the number of posts on that trivial topic. This thread is far more interesting and germane.

--

--

I feel sorry for the guy. Zelensky is a reluctant puppet for the globalists and the US State Department...and there's not a whole lot he can do about it.

I feel sorry for the guy. Zelensky is a reluctant puppet for the globalists and the US State Department...and there's not a whole lot he can do about it.
Geezus, what a stupid ****ing comment. Even for you.

Zelensky is the kind of leader that any country would be lucky to have.

Geezus, what a stupid ****ing comment. Even for you.

Zelensky is the kind of leader that any country would be lucky to have.
LOL!!

You KNOW, right, that the media is the propaganda arm of the Biden pukes. Why do you believe their propaganda?

I suggest you start thinking for yourself.

My father used that phrase quite often. Man of all seasons. Of course, that applies to women also. Fight a war, save a kitten, paint a house, cry over a sad movie
, change a tire at 4:30 in the morning, love your spouse with great fervor,

Yep!

What we used to call,

"A Good Man"

then tell some prick to F..off.

Well, that would only be if it was said in a way that would not offend the women, and the guy would have to take a few to figure out he was insulted!

, change a tire at 4:30 in the morning, love your spouse with great fervor, then tell some prick to F..off.

If your pops & grandfather were like mine, this guy below might have been the epitome of these virtues:

160429-john-wayne-mn-1025.jpg

Oh Mycroft, why can you not perceive greatness when you see it?

I can't speak as to whether this guy, below, truly was a 'man for all seasons', because the term - in my mind - implies a respectful humility in rhetoric component; since he spoke little English, I can't fully evaluate him. But, he sure captured my imagination during the day, and reminds me a lot of Zelensky, at least in circumstance.

I also hope Zelensly has the same outcome!

Lech-Walesa-shipyard-Gdansk-Poland-1983.jpg

Zelenskyy is incredible!

Ukraine is so fortunate to have such a capable leader.

If your pops & grandfather were like mine, this guy below might have been the epitome of these virtues:

160429-john-wayne-mn-1025.jpg
Some activists want to remove his name from an airport here in the greater Los Angeles area.

Many years ago, he made some very unkind comments about an ethnicity in this country.

Just returned from my favorite news source (the Daily Mail, of course).

Supposedly, teams of highly trained American and European elite forces are training to rescue President Z. if he requests it.

If the Israelis join the effort, then it WILL be successful. Look at how their secret missions inside Iran have made that country a laughing stock.

(No wonder that war criminal is hiding in the Kremlin!)

Some activists want to remove his name from an airport here in the greater Los Angeles area.

Many years ago, he made some very unkind comments about an ethnicity in this country.

I am so torn on removing these names & statues, etc.

I was always dead against removal, but a poster here, in a very long and respectful dialogue with me, did get me to walk-back quite a bit to see his way of thinking in some of these instances.

But, I still find it bittersweet and sad.

Back
Top Bottom