• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

vitter courts birthers........

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
an effort to boost his appeal? if so, what does that say about his constituents? :?:

"While Louisiana families are suffering from the biggest man-made disaster in history, David Vitter is trying to score political points by perpetuating a completely debunked conspiracy theory," spokesman Jeff Giertz said.

Republican senator says he backs birther lawsuits - Politics - msnbc.com

would vitter be in favor of campaign funds being used to defend these lawsuits?

I don't know how else one would expect him to answer. And if a lawsuit(s) is what it takes to make sure that every presidential candidate is properly vetted by the FBI or whomever (rather than their own party which is currently the way it's apparently done), then something very worthwhile will have been accomplished.

Criticizing this guy for responding the way he did is just nit-picking, IMO.

I don't know how else one would expect him to answer. And if a lawsuit(s) is what it takes to make sure that every presidential candidate is properly vetted by the FBI or whomever (rather than their own party which is currently the way it's apparently done), then something very worthwhile will have been accomplished.

Criticizing this guy for responding the way he did is just nit-picking, IMO.

really? do you seriously believe obama was not vetted?

@ LibLady -- I've searched allll over the internet for information about this. (I don't believe the birthers, as an aside). I cannot find any mention of formal vetting by any agency other than the Democratic Party itself. I would welcome a link.

He has shown his birth certificate. For ****'s sake. It's been certified by several officials in Hawaii. Even if you think the damned thing was forged, legally speaking it's proof in a court of law that Barack Hussein Obama is a citizen of the United States of America who was born in Hawaii. Period. End of story. There's no reason to even file a suit.

@ LibLady -- I've searched allll over the internet for information about this. (I don't believe the birthers, as an aside). I cannot find any mention of formal vetting by any agency other than the Democratic Party itself. I would welcome a link.

well, let's see.....he sat on the foreign relations committee.....which required an fbi check for top secret security clearance. actually, i think the fbi does a thorough check on all congressman, don't they?

He has shown his birth certificate. For ****'s sake. It's been certified by several officials in Hawaii. Even if you think the damned thing was forged, legally speaking it's proof in a court of law that Barack Hussein Obama is a citizen of the United States of America who was born in Hawaii. Period. End of story. There's no reason to even file a suit.

Its ok. I am sure if the had FBI vetted him, it would just mean that the FBI is in on the conspiracy. That's why conspiracy theory is a theory ;)

an effort to boost his appeal? if so, what does that say about his constituents? :?:

Republican senator says he backs birther lawsuits - Politics - msnbc.com

would vitter be in favor of campaign funds being used to defend these lawsuits?

He did it because he essentially has to in that environment. I'm in Baton Rouge and if I were to get a tally of the 30 people in my office who would say that Obama is Muslim and not a citizen at the very least we'd be hitting 20 of the 30.

He did it because he essentially has to in that environment. I'm in Baton Rouge and if I were to get a tally of the 30 people in my office who would say that Obama is Muslim and not a citizen at the very least we'd be hitting 20 of the 30.

that's really too bad....how do you deal?

well, let's see.....he sat on the foreign relations committee.....which required an fbi check for top secret security clearance. Actually, i think the fbi does a thorough check on all congressman, don't they?

I know they sign an oath of secrecy. Don't know if they're vetted. I still can't find anything. If they're vetted, what's the point of the lawsuit? And why hasn't the vetting agency spoken up? I never see it mentioned. (Again, I think it's all hogwash; but it does make one wonder who's vetting whom.)

If they are running serious checks, one would wonder how some of our pants-down congressmen get passed. Wouldn't having an affair, or multiple affairs, make one susceptible to blackmail? Just idle curiousity.

I know they sign an oath of secrecy. Don't know if they're vetted. I still can't find anything. If they're vetted, what's the point of the lawsuit? And why hasn't the vetting agency spoken up? I never see it mentioned. (Again, I think it's all hogwash; but it does make one wonder who's vetting whom.)

If they are running serious checks, one would wonder how some of our pants-down congressmen get passed. Wouldn't having an affair, or multiple affairs, make one susceptible to blackmail? Just idle curiousity.

there is no point to the lawsuits, other than a continued attempt to discredit obama.

there is no point to the lawsuits, other than a continued attempt to discredit obama.

I think Obamas performance in office does all the descrediting necessary for that imbacil.

that's really too bad....how do you deal?

Ah, I'm used to it. Doesn't bother me anymore. The thing is, I work with engineer's, I know the owner's or the company, the IT people, all very smart people, do their jobs great etc. but when it comes to Obama they believe everything they hear.

If anyone found out I actually voted Obama or was an atheist at the very least I'd be ragged on extensively but I don't think that losing my job would be out of the question.

Ah, I'm used to it. Doesn't bother me anymore. The thing is, I work with engineer's, I know the owner's or the company, the IT people, all very smart people, do their jobs great etc. but when it comes to Obama they believe everything they hear.

If anyone found out I actually voted Obama or was an atheist at the very least I'd be ragged on extensively but I don't think that losing my job would be out of the question.

you liberal pagan you.

Well, not sure what state you're in but my state has a right to hire/fire clause meaning they can fire you for any reason. Even as a libertarian that dispises liberals, I would never fire someone for that. In fact my best friend is a die hard liberal. We have a great time together, we just don't discuss politics.

Well, not sure what state you're in but my state has a right to hire/fire clause meaning they can fire you for any reason. Even as a libertarian that dispises liberals, I would never fire someone for that. In fact my best friend is a die hard liberal. We have a great time together, we just don't discuss politics.

then you clearly don't despise liberals.

Birthers are wasting their time. They should be trying to expose Obama in issues like political corruption and the whole Blago thing. This is just a move to gain political appeal.

Yea, that's all well and good but I've also been to my boss's house where he got drunk when we were all sitting around a fire pit and proceeded to tell me how great Lebanon is (his wife is from there and they visit frequently) because if there's any atheist or gays they just take them into the woods and get rid of them so you don't have to deal with them, spouting off crap about how that's how we should deal with them, lol. He was drunk of course, but never in my life have I been drunk enough to say something like "man if we could only kill those types"

Last time we hired a receptionist (we don't have one at the moment to save on the bills I suppose) we had about 5 girls come in, we hired the only white girl that applied, though she was complete trash, because we couldn't have a black girl sitting up front in case someone said a joke in front of her and she got offended and might sue the company, at least that's the reason the owners and my boss gave.

I'm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana btw.

Birthers are wasting their time. They should be trying to expose Obama in issues like political corruption and the whole Blago thing. This is just a move to gain political appeal.

i think they'd be wasting their time on that as well......how about just bringing some valid ideas to the table, huh?

Politics and religion are a no no in the work place and formal conversations.
It's just impolite.

It's a sad day when politicians have to cater to people who hold a belief that is provably false to improve their reelection chances.

Back
Top Bottom