• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Visa, Mastercard suspend all operations in Russia, 'effective immediately'

Rickeroo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/visa-announces-suspension-of-all-operations-in-russia

"Effective immediately, Visa will work with its clients and partners within Russia to cease all Visa transactions over the coming days," Visa said in a press release. "Once complete, all transactions initiated with Visa cards issued in Russia will no longer work outside the country and any Visa cards issued by financial institutions outside of Russia will no longer work within the Russian Federation."

Mastercard said in a statement Saturday that it also made the decision to suspend services in Russia due to the "unprecedented nature of the current conflict."

I applaud this move.

Good for them. The list of major corporations cutting business with Russia grows larger every day. The way back for Russia is going to be long and difficult for the Russian people. He needs to be ousted which probably means assassinated.

I for one welcome all the right wingers changing their support to be for America and her allies finally.

Last edited:
Time for Bitcoin to shine?

Well, I mean, there also saving their own ass here as well. Who thinks Russians can pay that credit card bill now? The Ruble is worth a penny. It's worth the price of the paper it's printed on.

Well, I mean, there also saving their own ass here as well. Who thinks Russians can pay that credit card bill now? The Ruble is worth a penny. It's worth the price of the paper it's printed on.
That would depend on what they borrowed it in. If they borrowed the money in dollars they’re screwed.

Back
Top Bottom