• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virus imperils AA co-founder’s birthplace, a virtual shrine

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

EAST DORSET, Vt. (AP) — The shrinelike birthplace of one of the two Vermont natives who founded Alcoholics Anonymous is in danger of closing, another victim of the restrictions made necessary by the coronavirus pandemic.

The shutdown from March until midsummer meant no people could stay in rooms in the hotel where AA co-founder Bill Wilson, who according to the organization’s lore, was “born behind the bar” in 1895.

“The house is a symbol of hope. It’s a symbol of humanity. It’s a symbol of our commonality, and it’s a place to feel it, touch it, smell it, experience it,” said Dr. Andrea Barthwell, a former official in the Office of National Drug Control Policy who visited Wilson House in 2003 while promoting an effort of the George W. Bush administration to help people fight addiction.
========================================================================
I went on the wagon with the drug baclofen last year & attended AA meetings with a neighbor. AA is complete hypocritical bullshit in my view. While they claim to accept all faiths, including athesist like me, I could not get over the meeting closing where everyone in a circle locks hands & recites the Lord's Prayer. Most of the 12-step program is psychobabble.

Wilson used the profits from his book to support his wenching with at least 2 mistresses: https://thewordlikefire.wordpress.c...lties-from-big-book-and-other-a-a-literature/
A.A. co-founder’s last mistress received royalties from Big Book and other A.A. literature

Back
Top Bottom