• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virtual Choir 4

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir 4 has recently been released.

What is Virtual Choir?

Imagine a choir with over 5000 people performing...except they are not all in the same place. People from all over the world submit videos of their performance of the music. The videos and the audio are all combined into one video performance.

This is the result:

That's a pretty awesome concept (I can't watch the video at work).

Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir 4 has recently been released.

What is Virtual Choir?

Imagine a choir with over 5000 people performing...except they are not all in the same place. People from all over the world submit videos of their performance of the music. The videos and the audio are all combined into one video performance.

This is the result:

How is this substantively different than the multitracking that Les Paul popularized in the 50's?

How is this substantively different than the multitracking that Les Paul popularized in the 50's?

It is on youtube with an animated girl, that is how, Mr. Party Pooper.

shrug...

I don't know. Did Les Paul multitrack over 8,000 performances from almost 6,000 performers...from 101 countries? Did he debut this performance before the Royal Family at Buckingham Palace?

Oh...I should also ask...did Les Paul write the music and lyrics of the song being performed for an opera? The song is the finale for ""Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom