• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Thomas Leaves Anita Hill a Voicemail Asking for An Apology -- Hill Says No

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Jeez, girl, it's been nearly twenty years: let it go.

Excerpted “Virginia Thomas Leaves Anita Hill a Voicemail Asking for An Apology -- Hill Says No” By ABC News' Jake Tapper, Ariane de Vogue and KGO’s Mark Matthews, “Political Punch,” ABC News, October 19, 2010 6:50 PM
[SIZE="+2"]A[/SIZE] few days ago, Brandeis University professor Anita Hill received a message on her voice mail at work. …

Hill didn’t think the call was real.

“I initially thought it was a prank,” Hill told ABC News. “And if it was, I thought the authorities should know about it.”

She reported the call to campus police. …

And, more important, Anita Hill has nothing to apology for.

Re: Virginia Thomas Leaves Anita Hill a Voicemail Asking for An Apology -- Hill Says

Any risque comments made by Thomas to Hill in the 80's were not a problem for Anita when they occured AND actually not in the First 48 Hours after Thomas got nominated to the Court. When She realized(after Consultations) the unique opportunity being laid out before her She mustered up her Moral Outrage, and proceeded into the Limelight.

Re: Virginia Thomas Leaves Anita Hill a Voicemail Asking for An Apology -- Hill Says

Tell me this: is this kind of message appropriate? What was Ginny thinking?

No, it was not the correct thing to do - but it's not exactly at the Valarie Plame level.

LOL. No, you're right. Ginny Thomas is not facing jail time; good thing for her. But, you have to wonder about her judgment and emotional stability that she could leave such an accusatory and ridiculous voice mail on the office phone of her husband's alleged victim.

LOL. No, you're right. Ginny Thomas is not facing jail time; good thing for her. But, you have to wonder about her judgment and emotional stability that she could leave such an accusatory and ridiculous voice mail on the office phone of her husband's alleged victim.

you have to wonder about her judgement when you consider the organizations she's involved with as well. and what is the "did what you did" statement?

Trouble in Paradise? Denial is a terrible thing in a relationship. I respect Clarence Thomas as a Justice and a person even though I was horrified over his selection. I later read a few things about his intelligence and fairness that tempered my disgust with the man and his followers.

I would prefer his nasty wife keep her private business where it belongs. She masked her atrocious behavior with Christian sweetness and messages. She belongs with the shills in the GOP Tea Party funded by special interests.

And if I ever had the chance to tell you how I really feel? :lamo

Anita Hill was a pawn of the left and a liar. her claim she didnt understand what harassment was as believable as a pulmonary surgeon claiming he didn't know that he might get lung cancer from being a chain smoker. and for those who whine about the selection of AJ THomas-its solely the fault of George Mitchell who told Assistant White Counsel Keisler and Liberman that if the Bush team didn't nominate a black to fill "the black seat" the nominee would be "borked"

Anita Hill was a pawn of the left and a liar. …

Dude! Topic is “Virginia Thomas Leaves Anita Hill a Voicemail Asking for An Apology -- Hill Says No.” Speak to that instead of re-litigating a nineteen year old undecidable question. Do you think Virginia Thomas left an appropriate v-mail message? Me, personally, I think Ginny is “Looney Tunes.” What say you?

I think ya oughta quit denigrating Bugs Bunny like that. What did HE do to merit such a comparison? :cuckoo:

Regards from Rosie

Back
Top Bottom