• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Thomas appears for interview with Jan. 6 panel

Jeez.....lotta hate for one thread.

Mebbe wait to find out what she actually says to in the committee interview.....??

Ginni Thomas’ emails deepen her involvement in 2020 election​

Thomas emailed two lawmakers in Arizona to urge them to choose “a clean slate of Electors” and “stand strong in the face of political and media pressure.” The AP obtained the emails under the state’s open records law.

Thomas also had written to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows in the weeks following the election encouraging him to work to overturn Biden’s victory and keep Trump in office, according to text messages first reported by the Post and CBS News.

Thomas was a staunch Trump supporter who acknowledged she attended the Jan. 6 “Stop the Steal” rally on the Ellipse but left before Trump spoke and his supporters later stormed the Capitol.

Ginni Thomas’ emails deepen her involvement in 2020 election​

Thomas emailed two lawmakers in Arizona to urge them to choose “a clean slate of Electors” and “stand strong in the face of political and media pressure.” The AP obtained the emails under the state’s open records law.

Thomas also had written to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows in the weeks following the election encouraging him to work to overturn Biden’s victory and keep Trump in office, according to text messages first reported by the Post and CBS News.

Thomas was a staunch Trump supporter who acknowledged she attended the Jan. 6 “Stop the Steal” rally on the Ellipse but left before Trump spoke and his supporters later stormed the Capitol.

Should make for some colorful conversation when the J6 committee interviews her.

Curious to hear the results.

Well, she already said this via text. So, my opinion is that she is crazy and vicious. YMMV.

“Biden crime family & ballot fraud co-conspirators (elected officials, bureaucrats, social media censorship mongers, fake stream media reporters, etc) are being arrested & detained for ballot fraud right now & over coming days, & will be living in barges off GITMO to face military tribunals for sedition.” “I hope this is true.”

Yeah, mark me down for this answer as well.
You don't get the benefit of the doubt, when there is none.

Well, she already said this via text. So, my opinion is that she is crazy and vicious. YMMV.

“Biden crime family & ballot fraud co-conspirators (elected officials, bureaucrats, social media censorship mongers, fake stream media reporters, etc) are being arrested & detained for ballot fraud right now & over coming days, & will be living in barges off GITMO to face military tribunals for sedition.” “I hope this is true.”

What in the holy **** is wrong with her?

Decades of right-wing media??

I am curious about what there is to do about this woman. She's a menace. I hope this brings her husband into the light, now that would be a good outcome.

Mebbe wait to find out what she actually says to in the committee interview.....??

**** her. She's a Trump Traitor. We've already heard a lot of what she said when she was conspiring against her country.

What we know so far, and this says it all, according to the committee chair, she told the committee over and over again that she believes the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.

What else is there. We already have most of the texts. She was in cahoots with Meadows, organizing the fake electors, promoting the Eastman memo, and pressing state legislatures to throw out the votes of millions of people.

She is a participating member of Trump's coup. Time for the DOJ to call her next.

Oh Ginni still BELIEVES (notice that ill fated word BELIEVES again) that Biden did not win the election and that it was stolen from Trump. We know from her text messages that she had no evidence then. Has no evidence now. But she still bears that grinning idiot visage of "belief" we see on so many deluded Trumphumpers.

Can you imagine someone like Nancy Reagan conspiring to overthrow the United States?

Can you imagine someone like Nancy Reagan conspiring to overthrow the United states?
Nope. But even thinking about the fact that she's married to the most powerful republican in the United States, brings shivers. Clearance Thomas is for life. He's more powerful than Trump or McConnell ever were or ever will be.

How does it work?
I will answer for him. The process is via impeachment.
Because we are a democratic nation of laws, due process, and hopefully justice- we set the rules. And the rule at present is removal by impeachment. No matter how obvious it may appear that Justice Thomas's purported impartiality has been undermined, the only way to address it is via impeachment. And that ain't gonna happen.

That said, I cannot possibly fathom how our fellow citizens on the far right would react if the situation was exactly reversed. I suspect their heads would have exploded by now if the Democrat shill on the supreme court had not already been drawn and quartered.

What are the Vegas odds on how many times she pleads the 5th?

What are the Vegas odds on how many times she pleads the 5th?
What an embarrassment. The wife of a Supreme Court justice refusing to answer questions.

Yes, I hope it is made public.

All congressional select and special committees have published their final report through the GPO. It's been codified since the 1950's.
( Yes! 🙂)
All redaction rules apply, classified material, personal information, third parties not culpable. Otherwise the rules have included everything - and the J6 committee has got the receipts.

OK, no more laws or constitution.
Now come on, I didn't say or even hint at anything like that. Don't be like the guys who run around here putting words into my mouth.

Eastman clerked for Thomas and they all have a history and long friendship. Enough said.

Now come on, I didn't say or even hint at anything like that. Don't be like the guys who run around here putting words into my mouth.
But you did; the constitution provides great protection for Supreme Court justices, and 'his wife did something bad, stop paying him' violates our laws if not constitution, there is no mechanism for it but to impeach him, which effectively can't happen, requiring 2/3 of the Senate, so I really didn't put words in your mouth, I just explained that/why your suggestion can't be done.

Ginni's performance before the Committee and her claims that Clarence does not know of her political activities reminds of Clarence's emotional almost tearful appearance on 60 minutes a couple of years ago where he claimed Ginni as his "best friend" and somebody he could not do his job without. I actually remember thinking Clarence did not look particularly judicious in that interview.

Now I am left wondering if cracked dome Ginni is the puppet master for Clarence. Certainly don't buy the idea that Clarence does not know how his "best friend" is filling her days.

Eastman clerked for Thomas and they all have a history and long friendship. Enough said.
But, you know, Clarence wasn't in on anything his wife did/knew.

Back
Top Bottom