• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Thomas appears for interview with Jan. 6 panel

I think it is quite clear that Thomas, the distinguished legal scholar, coached her on her testimony. She was adamant that she believed the election was truly stolen. I have heard this said by Trumpers as well, that he truly believed the election was stollen. I think if any of these election deniers ever are charged that their defence was that they were acting in good faith and a fundamental belief the election was fraudulent.

Can you imagine someone like Nancy Reagan conspiring to overthrow the United States?

No, but Reagan's trickle-down (fascism) hadn't been the fully actualized failure we know it to be today. Trump had to try a coup because, in terms of policy, the repubs have proven themselves utterly incompetent, at best, and actively sociopathic, at worst..

Sounds as if she said she did and still does think the election was stolen. She's certainly not alone in her strong opinion.

The left seemed to think their repeated narrative of "Big Lie" was somehow sufficient in answering quite a number of still unanswered questions and concerns surrounding that election process and from where the ballots which comprised the various counts came. Just calling it a Big Lie, claiming the oddities in several specific locations didn't require or deserve investigation - didn't satisfy the questions and concerns of millions.

I thought it very important from the very early days after that election that both parties should want and need to have questions answered, those many affidavits from election workers looked into, etc. I think the country would have benefited greatly from more, not less, information.

While I'm unlike Ginni Thomas, Donald Trump and millions of others who feel certain the election was stolen, in that I don't know who actually won that election, I will never be able to truly believe that Joe Biden won that election in a fair and square manner.

Sounds as if she said she did and still does think the election was stolen. She's certainly not alone in her strong opinion.
No doubt. The city slicker conned a bunch of people.

Back
Top Bottom