• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax denies sexual assault claim

Acadia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Another scandal is brewing in Virginia, even as Governor Northam's blackface/infanticide scandal is fully ablaze. The source is the same entity which published Northam's blackface yearbook photo and broke the story.

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax denies sexual assault claim, amid political storm

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vi...exual-assault-allegation-amid-political-storm

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax issued a forceful pre-dawn denial on Monday to an allegation of sexual assault that surfaced after 15 years, in the latest political bombshell to rock Richmond where Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam is battling resignation calls over a racist photo from his medical school yearbook.

Fairfax, who would be next in line for governor should Northam bow to pressure and resign, called the allegation “defamatory” and “false.”

NORTHAM HAS UNSCHEDULED STAFF MEETING AMID CALLS FOR RESIGNATION: REPORT

“Lt. Governor Fairfax has an outstanding and well-earned reputation for treating people with dignity and respect,” the statement from his office read. “He has never assaulted anyone—ever—in any way, shape, or form.”
The allegation was first posted by Big League Politics, the same political blog that published the now-infamous yearbook photo showing someone in blackface and someone in a KKK costume, from Northam's 1984 yearbook page. Despite initially apologizing for appearing in the photo, he now denies either of the individuals is him.

The blog, in the post that prompted Fairfax's denial, claimed that a fellow at Stanford University said a man sexually assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston, Mass.

“Imagine you were sexually assaulted during the DNC Convention in Boston in 2004 by a campaign staffer. You spend the next 13 years trying to forget it ever happened. Until one day you find out he’s the Democratic candidate for statewide office in a state some 3000 miles away, and he wins that election in November 2017,” a post from the reported accuser said, according to the blog. “Then, by strange, horrible luck, it seems increasingly likely that he’ll get a VERY BIG promotion.”

She did not name Fairfax, but the report implied she was referring to the lieutenant governor, who then responded to it...

Will lack of any corroborating evidence matter this time around?

I don't know who Justin Fairfax is, and didn't look him up to find out. I can tell from the OP that he's the luetenent governor of Virginia, and that he's a Democrat.

No, the OP doesn't say he's a Democrat, but the fact that it is Fox News that wants to hang him up to dry over an accusation proves it. Were it MSNBC wanting to do so, then he would obviously be a Republican.

addition: Went back and read the rest of the quote. Yep, he's a Democrat.

Will lack of any corroborating evidence matter this time around?

Yes, definitely. It already has, as Fairfax deferred to the WaPo, which says the claims were investigated and tossed out. Not so much for Dr. Ford, eh?

Yes, definitely. It already has, as Fairfax deferred to the WaPo, which says the claims were investigated and tossed out. Not so much for Dr. Ford, eh?

If there's no evidence, then that's the reasonable course.

I don't know who Justin Fairfax is, and didn't look him up to find out. I can tell from the OP that he's the luetenent governor of Virginia, and that he's a Democrat.

No, the OP doesn't say he's a Democrat, but the fact that it is Fox News that wants to hang him up to dry over an accusation proves it. Were it MSNBC wanting to do so, then he would obviously be a Republican.

FOX News is NOT the source. This story is being reported by Left and Right-leaning outlets alike. So, nice try to deflect to identity politics.

This isn't an opinion piece. It's just reporting on the facts and allegations.

If there's no evidence, then that's the reasonable course.

I've seen other sources that state Ms. Tyson is prepared to go public with her allegations, so we'll see if this story develops.

Not excusing any behavior; but most saints have long departed this earth..........:shrug:

Where are all the pitch fork and torch people on this guy?

Let's see if off of these #metoo groups protest him and storm the VA capital etc etc etc ...
i doubt it.

the double standard of these groups is why they cannot be taken seriously.

View attachment 67249636
View attachment 67249637
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/stanford-fellow-hints-at-possible-justin-fairfax-sex-assault/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/big-league-politics/

IMO, Gov. Northam faces far more public scrutiny right now than Lt. Gov. Fairfax.

Nikki Haley, CryBaby Kavanaugh, Dennis Hastert, Weirdo Weiner and any number of other high profile former and current political participants, have faced allegations of sexual allegations. Some overcome them; some don't.

she is pretty.
not that she should be sexually assaulted no but she is pretty.

Yes, the double standard is obvious at Fox. Roy Moore was just fine with Fox, who had corroborated multiple accusers. Fairfax, none of that but they want to hang-em.

FOX News is NOT the source. This story is being reported by Left and Right-leaning outlets alike. So, nice try to deflect to identity politics.

This isn't an opinion piece. It's just reporting on the facts and allegations.

That's who was quoted in the OP. Of course, Fox didn't invent the story, just reported on it and called an accusation a "political bombshell."

Had the accused been a Republican, the story would have been the same, but the entity reporting on it would have been different.

she is pretty.
not that she should be sexually assaulted no but she is pretty.

....not sure I get your point. :doh

....not sure I get your point. :doh

I was just making a general statement.
I just wanted to clarify that looks doesn't mean she should be assaulted.

it was a simple innocent statement that she is a pretty women.

I was just making a general statement.
I just wanted to clarify that looks doesn't mean she should be assaulted.

it was a simple innocent statement that she is a pretty women.

Please engage filter on future posts. :roll:

That was really stupid, ludin.

That's who was quoted in the OP. Of course, Fox didn't invent the story, just reported on it and called an accusation a "political bombshell."

Had the accused been a Republican, the story would have been the same, but the entity reporting on it would have been different.

Hey DN, good to see you around. Libertarian??? Just where in the sam hill did that one come from? We both know you to have been a solid liberal for just about the last decade or so I've known ya.

Oh well, concerning the bolded part that is pure conjecture on your part since we're dealing not with fact but with a hypothetical situation that does not exist.

Have a nice day.

Libertarian huh???????

giphy.gif

Yes, the double standard is obvious at Fox. Roy Moore was just fine with Fox, who had corroborated multiple accusers. Fairfax, none of that but they want to hang-em.

Yeah, about Roy Moore.

An election hacked — by Democrats

...As The New York Times reports, it was a secret project, carried out on Facebook and Twitter, by Democratic tech experts, with one purpose: to weaken the Republican candidate in the 2017 Alabama special election for a US Senate seat.

In fact, an internal report boasts that “we created an elaborate ‘false flag’ operation that planted the idea” that GOP candidate Roy Moore’s campaign “was amplified on social media by a Russian botnet.”

It also created a social-media boost for obscure independent candidate Mac Watson, in hopes of drawing votes from Moore. And it worked, getting Watson an interview with The Washington Post.

Moreover, the $100,000 campaign — paid for by the founder of LinkedIn — was meant to “enrage and energize Democrats” and “depress turnout” among Republicans by emphasizing the allegations that Moore had pursued teenage girls...

Hey DN, good to see you around. Libertarian??? Just where in the sam hill did that one come from? We both know you to have been a solid liberal for just about the last decade or so I've known ya.

Oh well, concerning the bolded part that is pure conjecture on your part since we're dealing not with fact but with a hypothetical situation that does not exist.

Have a nice day.

Libertarian huh???????

giphy.gif

Based on the "my political compass" quiz in which I came out near the center on the left/right continuum, but way down near the end of the authoritarian/libertarian continuum.

That does cause a lot of confusion among those who have a one dimensional left to right political philosophy.

I've seen other sources that state Ms. Tyson is prepared to go public with her allegations, so we'll see if this story develops.

More Alt Right Bull****...To be ignored...Try again

Based on the "my political compass" quiz in which I came out near the center on the left/right continuum, but way down near the end of the authoritarian/libertarian continuum.

That does cause a lot of confusion among those who have a one dimensional left to right political philosophy.

I've taken some of those over the years but It's been quite some time since I have. I always registered dead center, or thereabouts. I've never known anyone that didn't consider me a dyed in the wool conservative.

My guess the differences between those programs and reality is just where you put the baseline.

Since I've now been thrown off yet another political forum, first WS by Atticus, and now PH by I can't even remember their names, I'm left wondering just where you are politically these days.

So, riddle me this DN, are you still the establishment Democrat of old are are you now a believer in the new Ocasio Cortez Venezuela inspired wing of the Democratic party now?

inquiring_minds_logo.png

I've taken some of those over the years but It's been quite some time since I have. I always registered dead center, or thereabouts. I've never known anyone that didn't consider me a dyed in the wool conservative.

My guess the differences between those programs and reality is just where you put the baseline.

Since I've now been thrown off yet another political forum, first WS by Atticus, and now PH by I can't even remember their names, I'm left wondering just where you are politically these days.

So, riddle me this DN, are you still the establishment Democrat of old are are you now a believer in the new Ocasio Cortez Venezuela inspired wing of the Democratic party now?

inquiring_minds_logo.png

Funny to see all the old white men afraid of a Freshman Congress woman...Man up

Another scandal is brewing in Virginia, even as Governor Northam's blackface/infanticide scandal is fully ablaze. The source is the same entity which published Northam's blackface yearbook photo and broke the story.

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax denies sexual assault claim, amid political storm

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vi...exual-assault-allegation-amid-political-storm

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax issued a forceful pre-dawn denial on Monday to an allegation of sexual assault that surfaced after 15 years, in the latest political bombshell to rock Richmond where Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam is battling resignation calls over a racist photo from his medical school yearbook.

Fairfax, who would be next in line for governor should Northam bow to pressure and resign, called the allegation “defamatory” and “false.”

NORTHAM HAS UNSCHEDULED STAFF MEETING AMID CALLS FOR RESIGNATION: REPORT

“Lt. Governor Fairfax has an outstanding and well-earned reputation for treating people with dignity and respect,” the statement from his office read. “He has never assaulted anyone—ever—in any way, shape, or form.”
The allegation was first posted by Big League Politics, the same political blog that published the now-infamous yearbook photo showing someone in blackface and someone in a KKK costume, from Northam's 1984 yearbook page. Despite initially apologizing for appearing in the photo, he now denies either of the individuals is him.

The blog, in the post that prompted Fairfax's denial, claimed that a fellow at Stanford University said a man sexually assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston, Mass.

“Imagine you were sexually assaulted during the DNC Convention in Boston in 2004 by a campaign staffer. You spend the next 13 years trying to forget it ever happened. Until one day you find out he’s the Democratic candidate for statewide office in a state some 3000 miles away, and he wins that election in November 2017,” a post from the reported accuser said, according to the blog. “Then, by strange, horrible luck, it seems increasingly likely that he’ll get a VERY BIG promotion.”

She did not name Fairfax, but the report implied she was referring to the lieutenant governor, who then responded to it...

Well, by the laws of social justice you've got to believe her but these old accusations still don't do anything for me.

Back
Top Bottom