• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia legalizes weed

Legalization of pot is more clear evidence of the Marxist plan to destabilize America.
There is no good reason to do it.
What does this do to the drug testing required for most jobs?
What is the benefit of facilitating people to take leave of their sense.
My church, the Catholic Church considers it a mortal sin to get drunk or high. Another common sense position.

Legalization of pot is more clear evidence of the Marxist plan to destabilize America.
My church, the Catholic Church considers it a mortal sin to get drunk or high. Another common sense position.
Blah blah blah.

Do you have templates at the ready for your continued outrage at the subject d'jour?

Blah blah blah.

Do you have templates at the ready for your continued outrage at the subject d'jour?
Leftwingers get riled up when you question pot usage. That's what I've found.

Name one good reason why the government should proport to own our bodies by dictating what we can and cannot knowingly and willingly do to our bodies.

Name one good reason why "sins" according to religious doctrine should be legislated by the government.

Name one good reason why employers should test for after-hours drug use but NOT test for after-hours alcohol use.

Name one good reason why it makes sense to throw someone in jail because they smoked a joint after work and watched MTV on their couch for 6 hours.

And you call yourself a conservative? :rolleyes:

One of the best reasons to do it is to keep people from being thrown in jail for weed 'offenses'. It should never have been criminal in the first place.
People do not take leave of their senses when using weed.
I really don't care what your church does or doesn't say about it.

One of the best reasons to do it is to keep people from being thrown in jail for weed 'offenses'. It should never have been criminal in the first place.
People do not take leave of their senses when using weed.
I really don't care what your church does or doesn't say about it.
Of course they take leave of their senses. That's what pot is for. That's why they do it.

Leftwingers get riled up when you question pot usage. That's what I've found.

Well you might as well get over it. New Mexico's governor will be signing a bill legalizing it there, shortly. If my counting is correct, that will be 18 states and DC where weed is
fully legal. You're losing.

Well you might as well get over it. New Mexico's governor will be signing a bill legalizing it there, shortly. If my counting is correct, that will be 18 states and DC where weed is
fully legal. You're losing.
Everybody's losing. That's the plan.

Wrong. I like not having to watch for cops when I'm buying weed. I like having it tested for molds and pesticides.
Nothing about what's good for society, eh?

Name one good reason why the government should proport to own our bodies by dictating what we can and cannot knowingly and willingly do to our bodies.

Name one good reason why "sins" according to religious doctrine should be legislated by the government.

Name one good reason why employers should test for after-hours drug use but NOT test for after-hours alcohol use.

Name one good reason why it makes sense to throw someone in jail because they smoked a joint after work and watched MTV on their couch for 6 hours.

And you call yourself a conservative? :rolleyes:
Because when one is screwed up with pot, they're a danger to society as a whole. LIke with all sins, EVERYBODY is adversely affected. Only the selfish and myopic don't see this

Marijuana never killed anyone, you can't overdose.

As for getting drunk...you better check your priests and nuns....lots of alcoholics there.
Plenty of people have been killed by those on marijuana. Glad we can both agree getting drunk is very bad as well.

Its not bad for society. I do my smoking at home, I don't drive. I'm hurting no one.
Think of the productive things you're NOT doing if you're home getting high.

Lol, I smoke about an hour before I go to bed. Not going to be too productive at that time anyway.
Thinking is production also. Not just physical effort. I am most productive mentally before going to bed and right after getting up

Thinking is production also. Not just physical effort. I am most productive mentally before going to bed and right after getting up

Well good for you. Put that to good use pondering how my smoking weed at home affects you.

Well good for you. Put that to good use pondering how my smoking weed at home affects you.
It does. Think of the good you could be doing for society, which in turn affects me.

It does. Think of the good you could be doing for society, which in turn affects me.
At one thirty in the morning, I'm not doing anything for mankind other than giving a tv channel some viewership ratings. I will not be solving the problems of the world with or without weed. Sorry, but you can't affect my freedom to smoke and enjoy weed. I know you don't like that.

Back
Top Bottom