• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia is now a blue state forever.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
No matter how much gerrymandering the GOP has done in Virginia they have went for the president twice. Now gov. McDonnell and his anti abortion moron of a right hand man the Guch are going down in a scandal. I thought the GOP was supposed to be the party of family values or was it the family of value. At least the good govenor shared the money with his wife and daughters. What a good father.

With the northern part of Virginia growing at a rapid rate and the crooks in Richman it is safe to say Virginia is now a blue state. What would Robert E Lee think? I bet the great general is rolling in his grave now the Virginia is now a yankee liberal state. God I love saying that. It is just about as ggod as purple kush.

No matter how much gerrymandering the GOP has done in Virginia they have went for the president twice. Now gov. McDonnell and his anti abortion moron of a right hand man the Guch are going down in a scandal. I thought the GOP was supposed to be the party of family values or was it the family of value. At least the good govenor shared the money with his wife and daughters. What a good father.

With the northern part of Virginia growing at a rapid rate and the crooks in Richman it is safe to say Virginia is now a blue state. What would Robert E Lee think? I bet the great general is rolling in his grave now the Virginia is now a yankee liberal state. God I love saying that. It is just about as ggod as purple kush.

Isn't the northern part of Virginia populated more and more by federal government employees and others who suck on the teat of massive government spending? Aren't these people likely to support the party of big government who keeps them employed and living well? Just a shame that the federal government pays them so much that they can escape actually living in DC where they work, like those they take advantage of for their income.

If the Democrat party could find a way to export this plan throughout the country, every state would turn blue.

Right now it is a purple state, with it being the only state in the union to have a perfectly even PVI. Yes, as long as the demographics and turnout percent remain as they are, Virginia is becoming bluer. I wouldn't expect it to last forever though.

Isn't the northern part of Virginia populated more and more by federal government employees and others who suck on the teat of massive government spending? Aren't these people likely to support the party of big government who keeps them employed and living well? Just a shame that the federal government pays them so much that they can escape actually living in DC where they work, like those they take advantage of for their income.

If the Democrat party could find a way to export this plan throughout the country, every state would turn blue.

What ever turns a red (neck) state blue I am for my friend. It is time these regressive southern states come into the 21st century.

Right now it is a purple state, with it being the only state in the union to have a perfectly even PVI. Yes, as long as the demographics and turnout percent remain as they are, Virginia is becoming bluer. I wouldn't expect it to last forever though.

And that is a good thing whenever a redneck state turns blue and corruption is a good way.

And that is a good thing whenever a redneck state turns blue and corruption is a good way.

Not often you find a liberal honestly admitting to a program of corruption to promote turning voters blue. I'll give you props for transparency.

Thread flawed by stating "forever".

Not often you find a liberal honestly admitting to a program of corruption to promote turning voters blue. I'll give you props for transparency.

Why thank you mt friend. Lets face the facts. McDonnell is a crook and so is Lt govenor who was supposed to be a far right wing moralist. I guess not.

I did it for effect. It is most certanly going blue my friend.

That certainly is not to be denied, but it can go back and forth just as quickly.

Why thank you mt friend. Lets face the facts. McDonnell is a crook and so is Lt govenor who was supposed to be a far right wing moralist. I guess not.

Sorry, I thought you were letting us mere mortals take a peak behind the curtain at the grand liberal plan for US domination.

What ever turns a red (neck) state blue I am for my friend. It is time these regressive southern states come into the 21st century.

So turning everyone into a government employee is something you consider a good idea? If your party is for large government influence I don't see how you can claim your party is for freedom.

Wow. You are really a statist.

Wow. You are really a statist.

No I just love to see a right wing hero that was almost nominated to run for VP go down in flames. I thought the GOP was the party of family values. I guess not.

So turning everyone into a government employee is something you consider a good idea? If your party is for large government influence I don't see how you can claim your party is for freedom.

As long as people have a job so you right wingers will stop bitching about foodstamps.

Sorry, I thought you were letting us mere mortals take a peak behind the curtain at the grand liberal plan for US domination.

What ever it takes to drive the right into the dirt.

So what do these people produce? Control?

Some do. Some don't. DSHS saves lives. Is that productive? I worked for them 15 years and saw forst hand the good they do.

Back
Top Bottom