• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Health Commissioner says he’ll mandate a COVID-19 vaccine

Acadia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
What happened to "My body, my choice"?

Virginia Health Commissioner says he’ll mandate a COVID-19 vaccine | 8News
RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — State Health Commissioner Dr. Norman Oliver told 8News on Friday that he plans to mandate coronavirus vaccinations for Virginians once one is made available to the public.

Virginia state law gives the Commissioner of Health the authority to mandate immediate immunizations during a public health crisis if a vaccine is available. Health officials say an immunization could be released as early as 2021.

Dr. Oliver says that, as long as he is still the Health Commissioner, he intends to mandate the coronavirus vaccine.
Meanwhile, a new poll suggests more than one in three Americans aren’t interested in getting a coronavirus vaccine. Even though health officials say it will be safe, some have raised concerns about the speed of development.

“We would not launch a campaign around mass vaccination with anything that hasn’t proven to be safe,” Oliver said.

Government people just need to STFU and do whatever their job is......

Well he can rest assured he won't be commissioner when it comes out since the next VA governor election is also 2021.

Well he can rest assured he won't be commissioner when it comes out since the next VA governor election is also 2021.

VA will elect version 2.0;)

VA will elect version 2.0;)

Don't know about that. The heir apparent has his own blackface problems, then there are the Me Too problems of the Spare Heir, and they all have gun rights problems. I would not be surprised in the least to see Virginia swing the other way. Forced vaccinations of an unproven vaccine in a state where there are a lot of people who are still not keen on that forced HPV vaccination will just be more water down the toilet.

Amazing how they know it'll be safe before it's even been invented.

Government people just need to STFU and do whatever their job is......

Honestly we'd be better off if most of them just went on vacation. Their job seems to be to make life as difficult as possible for the rest of us.

I think this is gonna happen across the nation depending on where we are at with the virus. Prepare to get your vaccination at home assuming you don't voluntarily comply.

Back
Top Bottom