• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Governor endorses aborting a baby after it is born

VanceMack

Less like the tiger...more like the lion.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I truly hate the abortion debate. But this is a sickness that has now transcended conception. We arent talking about the moment of, or a week later or 16 weeks later.

The governor is literally endorsing killing a delivered baby.

I watched it, no, he didn't say that. And as usual, right wingers just make **** up since they can't argue on the merits.

Just like with any person on life support, brain dead, etc...their legal representatives have the right to continue life saving "comfort care" rather than continuing active measures to prolong a terminal case, sometimes in pain. Many infants are born alive that cannot survive for long outside the mother....this enables the grieving parents to decide what is best for their baby and their family...without govt intrusion and interrogation exacerbating that family tragedy.

This means that medical professionals could give pain relief to the baby but are not obligated to put it thru additional procedures to try and maintain its life longer when there is no hope of survival.

Just like with any person on life support, brain dead, etc...their legal representatives have the right to continue life saving "comfort care" rather than continuing active measures to prolong a terminal case, sometimes in pain. Many infants are born alive that cannot survive for long outside the mother....this enables the grieving parents to decide what is best for their baby and their family...without govt intrusion and interrogation exacerbating that family tragedy.

These religious nuts are really sick and evil. They want a kid who is suffering to be born and then kept alive as long as possible. People who are brain dead can't have life support withdrawn. They want a baby born even if it would kill the mother. They want people who are terminally ill to die a slow, horrible, painful death rather than die with dignity and assisted suicide. What kind of sick god do they worship?

Of course, the same people cheer on locking kids in cages away from their parents, are against programs to feed the poor, to feed starving children, basically screw everybody once they are born.

Oh, Vance lied again did he? Guess that answers whether there's any need to watch his little video myself.

I truly hate the abortion debate. But this is a sickness that has now transcended conception. We arent talking about the moment of, or a week later or 16 weeks later.

What?

He did NOT endorse "killing a delivered baby". Not at all.

How could you possibly listen to that clip, and reach that ridiculous conclusion?

How could ANY rational person listen to that clip and reach that conclusion?

Geez, man....:roll:

“There’s absolutely no reason to kill a baby before delivery in the third trimester,” he said. “Not a fetal or maternal indication – what we say in medicine. If there’s a problem, and there are problems in the third trimester, both with the babies and with the mom that require delivery, just deliver the baby. We don’t have to kill it.”

What?

He did NOT endorse "killing a delivered baby". Not at all.

How could you possibly listen to that clip, and reach that ridiculous conclusion?

How could ANY rational person listen to that clip and reach that conclusion?

Geez, man....:roll:
Of course he did. It was bad enough when they decided they could kill babies at 9 months. But I reckon this is the logical next step.

Good lord did you even ****ing watch this

Of course he did. It was bad enough when they decided they could kill babies at 9 months. But I reckon this is the logical next step.

LOL, expected response, just repeat the same lie with nothing to back it up. Someone already stated clearly what he was talking about. I know, probably too many smart words for some to comprehend

By definition you can't be aborted after you're born, and I think you intentionally glossed over the fact that this would only apply to terminal cases.

Part of the problem of extreme high cost of health care in this country is this utopia mindset that nobody should die.

I can't ever imagine being in that kind of a situation of having a baby with such severe health problems that life expectancy is days or weeks. Do you submit it to surgeries with little hope of extending life? I think that answer has to come from the parents and the recommendation by two physicians as stated in the talk.

On the other end of the journey we will dump hundreds of thousands of dollar into elderly patients to extend their life a month or two. When do we say that is enough? Why put someone through more pain of surgeries?

There have even been death row prisoners on the waiting lists for organs.

At some point we as a society are going to have to make some decisions on how our taxpayers monies should be spent on medical care. In the case of heart transplants there is exclusions such as age, health status, and patient's ability to follow medical advice. Unfortunately there are not such stringent rules on other medical procedures.

By definition you can't be aborted after you're born, and I think you intentionally glossed over the fact that this would only apply to terminal cases.
Thats why I pointed out that their 9 month ABORTION plan is now endorsing KILLING a delivered baby.

Of course, he did NOT. That's just not arguble.

So, what we have here is an apparent case of Partisan/Ideological Delusion Sydrome.

Clearly, you are one of those radical anti-abortion types, which means that your view is not contingent upon facts or logic. It's based upon ideology (political and/or religious), and very little else.

“There’s absolutely no reason to kill a baby before delivery in the third trimester,” he said. “Not a fetal or maternal indication – what we say in medicine. If there’s a problem, and there are problems in the third trimester, both with the babies and with the mom that require delivery, just deliver the baby. We don’t have to kill it.”

Omar Hamada is a well-known poltically active physician whose views are colored by his evangelical Christian faith. Nothing wrong with that.

But his views expressed about abortions, on FoxNews (and other outlets)....are NOT based on prevailing standards of medical science and research. They are personal and ideological. So take them for what they are worth to you, personally.

In this instance, his quote above, has NOTHING to do with the Va. Gov's comments, or the state legislation he was referencing. The gov. was NOT advocating "killing" babies,at all. He neither stated, or even implied, that. So to argue that he did is to be cynically partisan (at best) and dishonest (at worst). Comfort care for terminal 3rd trimester deliveries is NOT "killing the baby". To imply otherwise is to be be dishonest. Period. Full stop.

Last edited:
Of course, he did NOT. That's just not arguble.

So, what we have here is an apparent case of Partisan/Ideological Delusion Sydrome.

Clearly, you are one of those radical anti-abortion types, which means that your view is not contingent upon facts or logic. It's based upon ideology (political and/or religious), and very little else.

pretty sure it is more of the troll type, just flooding the forum with dumb **** and no intention of providing any intelligence or contribution to the forum other than to pester and annoy

You totally blew it on this one.

The Governor did not say he endorsed killing babies. Nothing remotely close to it either. He addressed 3rd trimester abortions that are performed when the fetus is severely deformed/isn’t viable. He went on to say that if an infant, who’s medical condition/s are incompatible with life is delivered, the infant will be made as comfortable as possible and that resuscitation efforts may be made if the parents wish.

BTW, Governor Northam is a pediatric neurologist with many years of experience.

As soon as the doctor in your video said “kill the baby” referring to abortion, he lost all credibility as a supposed neutral expert.

Thats why I pointed out that their 9 month ABORTION plan is now endorsing KILLING a delivered baby.
An absolutely idiotic statement.

pretty sure it is more of the troll type, just flooding the forum with dumb **** and no intention of providing any intelligence or contribution to the forum other than to pester and annoy

There is a very specific self-indulgent wallowing in their belief they hold some moral High Ground on this issue...it positively reinforces that (misguided) self-righteous outrage.

Facts dont enter into it.

You totally blew it on this one.

The Governor did not say he endorsed killing babies. Nothing remotely close to it either. He addressed 3rd trimester abortions that are performed when the fetus is severely deformed/isn’t viable. He went on to say that if an infant, who’s medical condition/s are incompatible with life is delivered, the infant will be made as comfortable as possible and that resuscitation efforts may be made if the parents wish.

BTW, Governor Northam is a pediatric neurologist with many years of experience.

As soon as the doctor in your video said “kill the baby” referring to abortion, he lost all credibility as a supposed neutral expert.

An absolutely idiotic statement.
The governor was given a scenario where he stated the baby would be birthed, kept comfortably, then a decision would be made.

Leftists have already lost their ****ing morality with the decision to butcher 9 month old babies in the womb. Now its after it is born.

The governor was given a scenario where he stated the baby would be birthed, kept comfortably, then a decision would be made.

Leftists have already lost their ****ing morality with the decision to butcher 9 month old babies in the womb. Now its after it is born.

And you, in your infinite, unbiased wisdom, are assuming this is about a healthy infant? Yes? No?

:2no4:

Someone already explained it to you, you are making **** up. Talking about morality, all you do is lie, and post hateful ****. **** your morality, you have none

I'm pro-life (though as a libertarian I have issues with the legislation of this). I absolutely believe that pretending we are not ending a person's life is sick and wrong. I know minds don't get changed on this, so I don't engage often, but it is a strongly held belief. I hate the idea of ending a life that is otherwise viable.

I absolutely did not hear what you did in this video. He did mention doing things that repulsed me, but the closest it came to what you are saying is conflating abortion and care for basically a vegetable. His phrasing could be better, but I still did not hear him call for killing a child already born.

Did you post the wrong video? Or do you have more info?
Otherwise you just got posting another lie because theres nothing in the video that supports your claim. . . .wow . . at least try to disguise the lie LMAO

These religious nuts are really sick and evil. They want a kid who is suffering to be born and then kept alive as long as possible. People who are brain dead can't have life support withdrawn. They want a baby born even if it would kill the mother. They want people who are terminally ill to die a slow, horrible, painful death rather than die with dignity and assisted suicide. What kind of sick god do they worship?

Of course, the same people cheer on locking kids in cages away from their parents, are against programs to feed the poor, to feed starving children, basically screw everybody once they are born.

Let me get my violin and I'll start playing.

Back
Top Bottom