• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe under federal investigation

Chillfolks

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe under federal investigation for campaign contributions - CNNPolitics.com

"The investigation dates to at least last year and has focused, at least in part, on whether donations to his gubernatorial campaign violated the law, the officials said."
" As part of the probe, the officials said, investigators have scrutinized McAuliffe's time as a board member of the Clinton Global Initiative, a vehicle of the charitable foundation set up by former President Bill Clinton."

It seems long time pal of the Clinton's ,Terry McAuliffe, is being investigated for possibly taking illegal campaign donations from a Chinese donor. I know it is shocking that someone so close to the Clinton's May have played fast and loose with the laws. The governor had pledged his full cooperation. Funny way of saying he plans to dodge and stall all questions until the proper documents can either be forged or deleted. This sad excuse for a person has been an embarrassment to the state of VA. I hope there is evidence to convict Terry and send him packing to prison.

If he did it, then he needs to become a member of Club Fed. LOL.

If he did it, then he needs to become a member of Club Fed. LOL.

Pffft, like we hold our politicians to the rule of law. They're special, Dan, we have to treat them specially.

Too early to post a thread like this and look for opinions. We have no idea if charges will be brought, or not.

Pffft, like we hold our politicians to the rule of law. They're special, Dan, we have to treat them specially.

Works for me. Let's kick his ass. :mrgreen:

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe under federal investigation for campaign contributions - CNNPolitics.com

"The investigation dates to at least last year and has focused, at least in part, on whether donations to his gubernatorial campaign violated the law, the officials said."
" As part of the probe, the officials said, investigators have scrutinized McAuliffe's time as a board member of the Clinton Global Initiative, a vehicle of the charitable foundation set up by former President Bill Clinton."

It seems long time pal of the Clinton's ,Terry McAuliffe, is being investigated for possibly taking illegal campaign donations from a Chinese donor. I know it is shocking that someone so close to the Clinton's May have played fast and loose with the laws. The governor had pledged his full cooperation. Funny way of saying he plans to dodge and stall all questions until the proper documents can either be forged or deleted. This sad excuse for a person has been an embarrassment to the state of VA. I hope there is evidence to convict Terry and send him packing to prison.
Hmmm, a Virginia politician under federal investigation for corruption. What is truly surprising this time is that it's not a Virginia Republican.

Hmmm, a Virginia politician under federal investigation for corruption. What is truly surprising this time is that it's not a Virginia Republican.

But the topic is not about a Virginia Republican. It's about a Virginia Democrat.

But the topic is not about a Virginia Republican. It's about a Virginia Democrat.
Yes, and that is what is so surprising given the sordid recent past of top level Virginia Republicans. If McAuliffe is indicted and convicted then I hope he shares the same cell block with the state's convicted Republicans.

It's possible that the FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation is hitting its stride, with Mc Auliffe being the first to be maneuvered into cooperating with the foreign money laundering facit of the Foundations operations.

Rule#1 in business: Chinese money gets you in trouble because they study our laws and encourage you to break them.

Hell, for all we know Obama is trading scalps with the Chinese!

There were many state democrats that went after McDonald aggressively. If the investigation finds the wrongdoing I feel is there, eating crow will become a past time for those folks.

I always found something odd with the McAuliffe campaign. The massive amount they spent above the challenger and the size of his war chest never seemed to add up to the lackluster support he received around the state.

Way to edit a pretty tame and fair article to suit your slant...Here's the other side.
There's no allegation that the foundation did anything improper; the probe has focused on McAuliffe and the electoral campaign donations, the officials said.
Among the McAuliffe donations that drew the interest of the investigators was $120,000 from a Chinese businessman, Wang Wenliang, through his U.S. businesses. Wang was previously delegate to China's National People's Congress, the country's ceremonial legislature.
"Neither the Governor nor his former campaign has knowledge of this matter, but as reported, contributions to the campaign from Mr. Wang were completely lawful," said Elias.
Wang also has been a donor to the Clinton foundation, pledging $2 million. He also has been a prolific donor to other causes, including to New York University, Harvard and environmental issues in Florida.
U.S. election law prohibits foreign nationals from donating to federal, state or local elections. Penalties for violations include fines and/or imprisonment.
But Wang holds U.S. permanent resident status, according to a spokeswoman, which would make him a U.S. person under election law and eligible to donate to McAuliffe's campaign.
Neither Wang nor his company used to make the donations have been contacted by U.S. investigators, according to the spokeswoman.

But he wants to shift the discussion to "show us the Rep. govs." "well you wouldn't believe me if I showed you" "well you don't know unless you show me" while a corrupt liberal facing criminal charges gets ignored...

But he wants to shift the discussion to "show us the Rep. govs." "well you wouldn't believe me if I showed you" "well you don't know unless you show me" while a corrupt liberal facing criminal charges gets ignored...

Just between you and me, I think if a Republican stuck his head in a bucket of pig manure, he would do it too, because the Republican did it. :mrgreen:

There were many state democrats that went after McDonald aggressively. If the investigation finds the wrongdoing I feel is there, eating crow will become a past time for those folks.

I always found something odd with the McAuliffe campaign. The massive amount they spent above the challenger and the size of his war chest never seemed to add up to the lackluster support he received around the state.

When you purposely fill northeastern Virginia with immigrants...................you can expect results like this.

Next it will be one from Illinois and you will color me surprised.

Yes, and that is what is so surprising given the sordid recent past of top level Virginia Republicans. If McAuliffe is indicted and convicted then I hope he shares the same cell block with the state's convicted Republicans.

Your road to enlightenment will begin when you realize both parties are corrupt to the core.

Only for people like you. Virginia politics has been pretty clean compared to many other states.

Not to mention the millions of dollars the democrats spent taking down a republican governor.

Except for one thing, I want to see the Virginia Democratic governor imprisoned if and when he's convicted on the alleged corruption charges. The Virginia Republicans in prison need some company, and reassurance that justice in Virginia is bipartisan (a big complaint among some supporters of imprisoned Virginia Republicans apparantly). But first things first--indict and convict when the evidence warrants that conclusion.

Does no one remember the crazy eyed McAuliffe that was Hillary's campaign manager in 2008? The guy who made no bones about blaring out over all the news channels that he'd do anything, just anything, for the Clintons? He was Hillary's Bagdad Bob. He just about had a hissy fit for all to see when she lost the nomination.

Virginia is becoming like illinois. Bipartisan corruption

Virginia is becoming like illinois. Bipartisan corruption

A investigation is not corruption, it is evidence our justice system is working. There is no reason to believe that anything improper will be found. Lets not let partisanship interfere with our Constitutional rights. When one goes can others be far behind?

Is this the result of the investigations of the Clinton Foundation?

Hillary collateral damage?

Just looking at that guy screams "sleaze".

You see what happened to the last Virginia governor?

Back
Top Bottom