• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Beach Man Taunts Neighbors With Epithets, Cameras and Spotlights

Seems like this should be illegal.
For the time being insulting a black person isn’t a crime. I’m sure they’ll change that in a few years.

For the time being insulting a black person isn’t a crime. I’m sure they’ll change that in a few years.
He didn't walk up to him, say the n-word, then walk away. He's ****ing shining a spotlight at his family's door and blaring speakers set off by a motion sensor.

A few more and we’ll have a meeting……

He didn't walk up to him, say the n-word, then walk away. He's ****ing shining a spotlight at his family's door and blaring speakers set off by a motion sensor.
So if a neighbor is blasting music and shining a bright light into your house, you'd be fine with that because 1st amendment?
Continually emitting loud noise is generally prohibited by ordinance. Yelling at someone when you see them generally isn’t. If there were an ordinance against rigging a motion sensor to produce noise I’m sure they’d be using it.

I dont know whats going on in VA but I already posted the disorderly conduct and harassment laws for PA and it would definitely be criminal. Then i found them for VA and it looks the same to me . . .

so i gotta wonder if this guy has connections and how the police determine this is just not disorderly conduct / harrassment?

im thinking more is going to come of this and I hope it does

Wow what a POS!!!
thats some serious mental derangement there

I cant listen to the audio currently but the story says "racial slurs" what is it referring to .. the actual n-word?
if so how is that not an actionable offense to play vulgarity at all hours of the day/night and in front of a broad audience? . . .
and how is this not harassment? seems shady to me

wow
May have something to do with the views of the VA. Beach PD. We see a lot of this lately. Too many people with white privileges. The family should contact the local FBI office and see if there is anything the DOJ can do to help them. It's obvious the local PD just don't give a shit.

May have something to do with the views of the VA. Beach PD. We see a lot of this lately.
it almost SEEMS like that when you read the law . . .

HARASSMENT: DEFINED
Harassment, as it is generally understood, is repeated and aggressive action that annoys or intimidates a person or group of people, thereby causing anxiety or fear. Looking at criminal law in the Commonwealth of Virginia, the five most common statutes that punish harassing behavior that crosses the line into criminal activity are phone harassment laws, computer harassment laws, obscene harassment laws, threat harassment laws, and privacy intrusion laws.
--Obscene Harassment Definition: “Use of profane, threatening, or indecent language over public airways or by other methods.” You are not allowed to threaten or harass anyone via any method—including but not limited to CB radio, video chat, and telephone (whether it’s a smart phone or not).

Disorderly Conduct
A Virginia Disorderly Conduct charge under §18.2-415(A) occurs when a person intentionally or recklessly causes public inconvenience, annoyance, or harm by engaging in conduct that has a direct tendency to cause acts of violence by the person at whom the conduct is directed.

Yes .. quoting your post in #52 .. Really?

You've stated people living at home are "dummies" ... does this or does this not apply to the 52% of millenials who have the same outcome? Or will you take the role of ad hominem attacks that are meaningless?

I did?
wow this is going to be fun . . .

by all means simply quote me saying that retarded lie, we cant wait to read it!
🍿 😂
🦗 🦗 🦗

we are still waiting for proof of this lie lol

Continually emitting loud noise is generally prohibited by ordinance. Yelling at someone when you see them generally isn’t. If there were an ordinance against rigging a motion sensor to produce noise I’m sure they’d be using it.
harassment is also against the law.

Yelling at someone from your own property isn't harassment.
That's the least of what he is doing though. You don't think the motion activated spotlight and loud speakers are a problem at all?

So if a neighbor is blasting music and shining a bright light into your house, you'd be fine with that because 1st amendment? :rolleyes:
Assholes like this know the law. It's below the "blasting" level and the lights are not pointed at the neighbor's house.

That's the least of what he is doing though. You don't think the motion activated spotlight and loud speakers are a problem at all?
Not legally. The law can't force people to be respectful, so unless his actions violate the city code there's nothing to be done.

it absolutely can be....ever heard of Edward Cagney Matthews?
While the charges against Matthews were motivated by him being a white man who disrespected black people, he is accused of more than yelling from his own property.

While the charges against Matthews were motivated by him being a white man who disrespected black people, he is accused of more than yelling from his own property.
One of those charges is for harassment...and that had to do with him incessantly yelling at them. This isn't the only case where that has occurred either.

Hopefully there are some good/decent lawyers who will help this couple, because it definitely sounds like they have at least a civil suit and they likely can also check on zoning ordinances to see if the way the system is set up could be considered a nuisance under the laws (they need Sheldon).

This guy is a pure douchebag. Hopefully they find some way to stop this and hold him responsible for his actions in some way.

Definition of Harassment​

Noun

1. The act of regular and unwarranted actions of one individual or group on another individual or group.
and the police are very wrong about their claim that it isn't against Virginia law

§ 18.2-427. Use of profane, threatening, or indecent language over public airways or by other methods.​

Any person who uses obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or makes any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threatens any illegal or immoral act with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, over any telephone or citizens band radio, in this Commonwealth, is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

"Over any telephone" includes, for purposes of this section, any electronically transmitted communication producing a visual or electronic message that is received or transmitted by cellular telephone or other wireless telecommunications device.

That's impressively racist. Like, this isn't casual racism. This is some competitive racism Olympics shit. This dude saw a Black family moved in and was like, "I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on technical equipment and dozens of hours of my life settings up a complex system of cameras, lights, motion sensors, and speakers...just to let my neighbors now just how much I hate them."

Seems like this should be illegal.
There is an arse hole in every neighborhood. This racist has far to much time on his hands.

Looks like this is gaining attention

maybe the police will actually do something, i cant see any reason why this isnt harassment and disorderly conduct

Back
Top Bottom