• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virginia Attorney General Herring says he wore blackface in college

Exactly. "Blackface" is the vaudeville stereotypical portrayal of "Negroes" as lazy, comical and foolish. It was degrading mockery. Dressing up like Michael Jackson and emulating the Moonwalk (which kids did then) was quite the opposite; it was veneration. The attorney general's dress up was in that latter category. Get a grip, people.

If I was entering a contest to look like a black rapper, I'd have to change my skin color somehow. Just like I put on a short black wig when I was trying to look like Pat Benatar. My long blonde hair wouldn't have worked.

I'm sick of the ****ing snowflakery. He dressed like a rapper and changed his skin color to look like the rapper, who is black. Big ****ing deal. Besides the fact that it was 39 years ago, it isn't racist. it's called "imitation".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a4aff8-2a26-11e9-984d-9b8fba003e81_story.html

Jesus. I guess the question now is, is there anyone in the state government of Virginia who didnt wear blackface?

And who did they claim was the racist during the governor's race?

Flashback: Northam Campaign Insinuates Gillespie, GOP Are Racist
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ralph-northam-gubernatorial-campaign-insinuated-ed-gillespie-gop-racist/

During the 2017 gubernatorial contest, then-lieutenant governor Ralph Northam cast his opponent, Republican Ed Gillespie, and the Virginians who supported him as bigots intent on implementing policies reflective of their hatred of racial minorities.

Northam — whose medical-school yearbook page, it was revealed Friday, features a photo of one man in blackface and another in a Ku Klux Klan uniform — attempted to convince the electorate of Gillespie’s evil intentions in countless television, digital, and postal advertisements.

Citing Gillespie’s opposition to sanctuary-city policies, Northam and his allies explicitly labeled his opponent’s policies “racist” on numerous occasions.

Now the Attorney General for Virginia is admitting he wore black face and a wig for a rapper costume. So now the Governor the 2nd in line Lt. Governor and 3rd in line Attorney General are all in hot water. All Democrats.
It seems like every day as of late there has been a story that just lays bare the hypocrisy of the left. Even in so called comedy shows like Fallon and Kimmel who push the left's agenda and are "safe spaces" for Dems, have both been videoed in sketches wearing black face and have been quite silent over all these new revelations. Their own purity test of others seems to be destroying their own party from within.

Dressing up like Michael Jackson and emulating the Moonwalk (which kids did then) was quite the opposite; it was veneration.
Nothing says respect and veneration like blackface and taking pics with your buddy dressed as a klansman :roll:

Republicans defend Confederate monuments, pose by Confederate flags, had Steve King in their party for years and defend an open White Supremacist in the White House.

The primary difference between Democrats in Virginia and the Republicans Party is that Democrats having done black face is a scandal and White Supremacy in the GOP isn't.

I know it hard for you to accept what is going on? Go ahead and spin your silly little stories if that makes you feel better.

Here is what is going on:

n_joy_vagovnortham_190203_1920x1080.jpg

It was never "great" to begin with. What is wrong with you people???

Trump has given a voice to a demographic of people that see nothing wrong with blackface. All the Richard Spencers, "proud boys" and David Dukes that are feeling comfortable enough these days to crawl out of the woodwork.

If it was so commonplace where are all the photos of Republicans in blackface ?

Democrats are getting busted because of the Democratic party's past ties to overtly racist group's like the KKK
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...an-defends-Tiger-Woods-blackface-costume.html

In office. Or I'm this guy's case, quitting only after his image was found.... The image was found a few days ago.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...michael-ertel-resigns-after-blackface-photos/

Don't be silly, Fenton.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Last edited:
I know it hard for you to accept what is going on? Go ahead and spin your silly little stories if that makes you feel better.

Here is what is going on:

Yes, and those people won't have a job when all is said and done. Long after this is no longer a story, Republicans will still stand by Trump, stay in office in spite of their own black face examples, pose with the Confederate flag and defend Confederate monuments.

I can say with all sincerity that I don't care that someone wore a rapper costume in 1980. I wore a Pat Benatar costume for an air band contest in 1982. That really doesn't mean anything.

Do you sound like Pat?

I can say with all sincerity that I don't care that someone wore a rapper costume in 1980. I wore a Pat Benatar costume for an air band contest in 1982. That really doesn't mean anything.
How is dressing up like an existing white person comparable to deciding you'll smear a dark color all over your face, and pretend to be whatever you think a black person is?

Lol, no Tres, just no.

How is dressing up like an existing white person comparable to deciding you'll smear a dark color all over your face, and pretend to be whatever you think a black person is?

Lol, no Tres, just no.

So you agree he was pretending to be a black person. I called it "imitation". Call it what you will.

Since when is it verboten to pretend to be someone else?

I think the next in line is Speaker of the House of Virginian Delegates. He's a Republican

So you agree he was pretending to be a black person.

Yes, that's the problem. That pretending to be whatever you feel black people sound and look like isn't comparable to pretending to be a specific person.

Yes, that's the problem. That pretending to be whatever you feel black people sound and look like isn't comparable to pretending to be a specific person.

If he was dressing like a specific black person, he was dressing like a specific black person. If he was sounding like a specific black person, he was sounding like a specific black person. Not anyone but that one specific black person.

If a black man wanted to dress up like Harrison Ford, and put white shoe polish on his face, then he's imitating Harrison Ford. Not me, and I'm white.

Northam's costume is not the problem. Someone or many someone's have held and known of this photo for a while.

Northam's problem is his trying to elaborate on the the official DNC platform, and Tran's bill allowing abortions "while dilating", by extending that to maybe if we make the baby comfortable while we make the decision whether or not mommy wants to keep it.

Somebody said enough is enough.

Absolutely agree. It's his views on infant murder that are far more detestable than him dressing up in an insulting costume.

Herring's statement (not sure if this has been posted already).

statement.jpg

There was a picture of it in a yearbook. I don't think that this was exactly taboo in Virginia at the time.

It wasn't in many places, but Democrats as usual will judge history through their SJW lenses.

LOLOL !!

This just keeps getting better and better, and there's not enough popcorn in all of Texas.[/QUOTE]

Or Virginia:popcorn:

Nothing says respect and veneration like blackface and taking pics with your buddy dressed as a klansman :roll:

I'm sorry this is difficult for you. Thinking can be that way.

Lord help the black teenager who ever dared imitate Elvis.

Back
Top Bottom