• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Virgin spaceship to pass new milestone

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I find this exciting because it is real private science and innovation and uses technology that I wondered about for more years than I care to divulge.

That being slow non ballistic reentry.
Go to full screen and crank up the volume. This is great CGI.

Branson is getting most to the press but the genius behind this is Burt Ratan the man who created the this concept and who designed and built the X PRIZE winner and the first plane to fly around the world nonstop without refueling the Voyager. And other great innovations in aviation.
Voyager.jpg

Virgin spaceship to pass new milestone - Yahoo! News
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico (AFP) – The world's first private passenger spaceship will pass another milestone toward its commercial lift-off Friday, at a remote spaceport in the New Mexico desert.

Flamboyant British multi-millionaire Richard Branson will commemorate the completion of the main runway at Spaceport America, near the town of Las Cruces where the Virgin Galactic project is based.

SpaceShipTwo, which could carry paying customers into suborbital space by early 2012, had its maiden flight in the California desert in March.

Private enterprise, individual geniuses and enterpreneurs. :)

Go baby go!

I've always figured it will be Virgin and other private enterprise that colonize outer space, not NASA.

$200,000 ticket :(

Back
Top Bottom