• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Violently attacking Trump supporters is a clear attack on democracy

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

“………..now we’re seeing unjustified violence on both sides, and it needs to stop. There are reports of anti-Trump protestors chasing and attacking his supporters in San Jose. Every time I see images of the female Trump supporter covered in eggs while men in masks hurl insults at her, I feel pain over the assault on her and our democracy.

Regardless of how deplorable Trump is, using violence and physical attacks against his supporters is unacceptable and grossly counterproductive. No one can argue that they value the Constitution or the first amendment if they physically attack others for political speech that they disagree with. We’re supposed to fight back with ideas, civil disobedience, voting and political activism……..”

There is no excuse for violence in the political process…….. Both sides of the debate must condemn the violence and demand it stop……..

What are we becoming? Some 3rd world country………

“………..now we’re seeing unjustified violence on both sides, and it needs to stop. There are reports of anti-Trump protestors chasing and attacking his supporters in San Jose. Every time I see images of the female Trump supporter covered in eggs while men in masks hurl insults at her, I feel pain over the assault on her and our democracy.

Regardless of how deplorable Trump is, using violence and physical attacks against his supporters is unacceptable and grossly counterproductive. No one can argue that they value the Constitution or the first amendment if they physically attack others for political speech that they disagree with. We’re supposed to fight back with ideas, civil disobedience, voting and political activism……..”

There is no excuse for violence in the political process…….. Both sides of the debate must condemn the violence and demand it stop……..

1st Amendment rights can be defended by the 2nd Amendment, therefore we are not becoming a 3rd world country. It's as easy as 1-2-3.

this is just the beginning, and wait until they pull the guns out and it's coming

1st Amendment rights can be defended by the 2nd Amendment, therefore we are not becoming a 3rd world country. It's as easy as 1-2-3.

Thank you for your keen sharing...........

Many young Mexicans feel the USA stole the southern USA from them and they don't see illegal immigrants as breaking the law, only re taking what is rightfully theirs. However the original territory did not issue welfare and food stamps but allowed them to work as peasants on the wealthy elite's cattle ranches and farms.

If you are a poor brown Mexican, poverty is a way of life in Mexico. A brown Mexican is often looked down on as a "half breed" Indian - Spaniard bastard descended from the conquistadors.

Ha, that was pretty good.

I think it would be badass to be descended from conquistadors. I don't know the history of Mexico but it's clearly ****ed up. Maybe they needed more descendants from Conquistadors.

Many young Mexicans feel the USA stole the southern USA from them and they don't see illegal immigrants as breaking the law, only re taking what is rightfully theirs. However the original territory did not issue welfare and food stamps but allowed them to work as peasants on the wealthy elite's cattle ranches and farms.

If you are a poor brown Mexican, poverty is a way of life in Mexico. A brown Mexican is often looked down on as a "half breed" Indian - Spaniard bastard descended from the conquistadors.

no I just believe we are way past that point, which is demonstrated by the fact that he actually will win

Trump did not put all of the factors into play which are going to ignite...he is just going to detonate it

Thanks for the clarification..........

I truly wish with all of my heart that we were not way past that point

I confess I did NOT understand the seriousness of this situation

I confess I was amused

I am no longer amused...I watch with trepidation

Thank you for your sharing..........

Those that burn flags will eventually burn people.

What happened in San Jose was not anti-Trump, it was anti-USA.

You only saw Mexican flags displayed by those doing violence, and the only American flag present was being burned.

It is not time to lock and load just yet, but I can see it getting worse before it gets better.

The Police being told to stand idle and do nothing was an even bigger shame.

If the Police will not protect US citizens from an angry mob of illegals, then someone else surely will.

I see blood being shed before someone snaps and decides it is time rule of law becomes present again.

Right now it is mob rule at these rallies. A mob that HATES the United States and all it stand for.

I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. That oath did not become invalid when I left the military.

I WILL defend my country from its enemies.

They have no idea of the festering anger they are forcing to the surface with their actions.

Fortunately, I have renounced violence a very long time ago, and only seek peace in all I do.

Unfortunately, there are others that are not like me.

When 10%+ of a Countries Population are illegal immigrants from 3rd world countries, and the number is rapidly growing, how can you avoid becoming a third world country?

A Nation is determined by its PEOPLE, and their character, not the richness of the Nations lands.

Look at the difference between Various regions for Per Capita Homicide Rate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Map_of_world_by_intentional_homicide_rate.svg.jpg

Look at the sharp delineation between side by side nations with almost identical climate and resources:

CrimeRates1.jpg

CrimeRates2.jpg

These differences are Political, not based on resources.

-

I can see this scenario;

Trump supporters get beaten up really bad at a large scale presently unseen yet, and the cops are told to do nothing as usual.

Next rally some right wing militia group or whomever decides they will provide the protection the police refuse to provide.

Mayhem all over the TV on the news. Deaths on both sides.

Then, and only then, does someone decide to show a backbone and say STOP THIS CRAP!, and rule of law is established and people are once again free to express their political beliefs without fear of physical harm.

You heard it from me first, folks.

I think it would be badass to be descended from conquistadors. I don't know the history of Mexico but it's clearly ****ed up. Maybe they needed more descendants from Conquistadors.

Those are the "white" Mexicans of Spanish decent who run things.

The more pure decedents of the conquistadors are the lighter skinned mexicans, it was stated that the lighter skinned mexicans look down on the more-brown Mexicans that are more Aztec Mayan style Indian mixed with conquistadors..

Guess mexicans are racist against mexicans..

I can see this scenario;

Trump supporters get beaten up really bad at a large scale presently unseen yet, and the cops are told to do nothing as usual.

Next rally some right wing militia group or whomever decides they will provide the protection the police refuse to provide.

Then, and only then, does someone decide to show a backbone and say STOP THIS CRAP!, and rule of law is established and people are once again free to express their political beliefs without fear of physical harm.

You heard it from me first, folks.

Nah, those sissy leftist thugs would cower in the presence of some decent militia..

You think the gangster with a glock is really going to take his chances with his saggy pants against the guy in military gear, possibly armor, with his AR and 6 30rd magazines plus a sidearm?

The militia guys would be respectable folk and you would have nothing to worry about from them unless you were some leftist thug looking to cause trouble. I myself in a situation like that would be comforted by their prescience, they are there to protect the constitution and country from ANYBODY..

“………..now we’re seeing unjustified violence on both sides, and it needs to stop."

What does this article mean about "NOW" and "Both sides?"

To the best of my knowledge there have been exactly TWO incidents when a Trump supporter has struck out at a protestor. One was the famous "sucker punch," and the other was when a protestor claimed he had been intentionally knocked down at an earlier rally, although the video didn't seem to show it. It is also true that Trump said:

...that if protesters tried to disrupt his rallies, “I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself, or if other people will.” In November, he said a protester who disrupted one of his events “should have been roughed up,” and in February, he declared of another, “I’d like to punch him in the face.” Also in February, he told a rally, “If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them. . . . I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...e45b7e-e9f1-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html

But other than those two incidents mentioned above, Trump supporters have maintained calm and peaceful standards of campaigning.

So nearly ALL of the actual violence we have seen has been started and maintained by anti-Trump protestors.

These people seem to think that the vile rhetoric labeling Trump a "racist, misogynist, xenophobe" is license to physically assault Trump supporters and otherwise disrupt Trump rallies.

The people who should be decrying the violence are those on the anti-Trump side who continue to incite it.

Stop blaming Trump and Trump supporters. People should take personal responsibility for their actions and not try the old "Devil made me do it" excuse.

I can see this scenario;

I think you had it right up to this point.

After the deadly confrontation, Obama will have federal police arrest Trump for inciting violence and hate crimes.

Obama will declare Martial Law and suspend the U.S. Elections until "Order can be restored".

DHS and U.N. Troops will be sent to house by house search and seize all firearms.

Those on a "List" WILL be found to be resisting surrender of their firearms, even if they actually did own any, and will either be killed during their confrontation with the Feds, or carted off to Internment Camps.

Sadly, I think that is a MORE realistic scenario, than Americans standing up for their rights and Law&Order.

-

What does this article mean about "NOW" and "Both sides?"

To the best of my knowledge there have been exactly TWO incidents when a Trump supporter has struck out at a protestor. One was the famous "sucker punch," and the other was when a protestor claimed he had been intentionally knocked down at an earlier rally, although the video didn't seem to show it. It is also true that Trump said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...e45b7e-e9f1-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html

But other than those two incidents mentioned above, Trump supporters have maintained calm and peaceful standards of campaigning.

So nearly ALL of the actual violence we have seen has been started and maintained by anti-Trump protestors.

These people seem to think that the vile rhetoric labeling Trump a "racist, misogynist, xenophobe" is license to physically assault Trump supporters and otherwise disrupt Trump rallies.

The people who should be decrying the violence are those on the anti-Trump side who continue to incite it.

Stop blaming Trump and Trump supporters. People should take personal responsibility for their actions and not try the old "Devil made me do it" excuse.

It goes to show the frenzy and pack mentality of today's society in general. Our culture is changing.

I hope some arrests come out of those videos. Even if the assailants turn out to be Bernie supporters they deserve to do some time behind bars. Violence is never the answer to someone exercising their rights.

It goes to show the frenzy and pack mentality of today's society in general. Our culture is changing.

I agree. I am no fan of our past history when it comes to treatment of minorities. However I am becoming more and more disturbed by this increasing demand for "Diversity" simply for it's own sake. What ever happened to advocating for basic Equality?

This country was once called a melting-pot. Now it seems to be turning into a buffet, with heavy emphasis on "spices" absent the meat and potatoes.

Diversity is divisive. The more diverse a society, the more balkanized it becomes. This is why we are seeing increasing outbursts of turmoil these days.

Now it's "Black lives matter," (only when it is a white cop killing one) not ALL lives matter. Mexican expatriates in America, rather than Mexican-Americans proud to be citizens of the USA. Muslim migrants like the Sudanese in Minnesota and Syrian refugees wherever they can find a squat, who want to transplant their culture wholesale from there to here, demanding sharia law and conversion to Islam.

How about refocusing on simple equality, accepting one common language, striving to adopt a common culture which allows personal freedoms to believe, speak, and think whatever you wish as long as you respect the rights of others to do the same?

I agree. I am no fan of our past history when it comes to treatment of minorities. However I am becoming more and more disturbed by this increasing demand for "Diversity" simply for it's own sake. What ever happened to advocating for basic Equality?

This country was once called a melting-pot. Now it seems to be turning into a buffet, with heavy emphasis on "spices" absent the meat and potatoes.

Diversity is divisive. The more diverse a society, the more balkanized it becomes. This is why we are seeing increasing outbursts of turmoil these days.

Now it's "Black lives matter," (only when it is a white cop killing one) not ALL lives matter. Mexican expatriates in America, rather than Mexican-Americans proud to be citizens of the USA. Muslim migrants like the Sudanese in Minnesota and Syrian refugees wherever they can find a squat, who want to transplant their culture wholesale from there to here, demanding sharia law and conversion to Islam.

How about refocusing on simple equality, accepting one common language, striving to adopt a common culture which allows personal freedoms to eat, speak, and think whatever you wish as long as you respect the rights of others to do the same?

I agree totally. I fully accept and support legal immigration with controlled numbers and a competent vetting process. Assimilation is a forgone conclusion with today's process.

Back
Top Bottom