• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Violently attacking Trump supporters is a clear attack on democracy

Feel better now?

I'd prefer a discussion where you engaged in honest dialog, but since you have chosen not to do so, pointing out your dishonesty becomes my only alternative.

Those that burn flags will eventually burn people.

What happened in San Jose was not anti-Trump, it was anti-USA.

You only saw Mexican flags displayed by those doing violence, and the only American flag present was being burned.

It is not time to lock and load just yet, but I can see it getting worse before it gets better.

The Police being told to stand idle and do nothing was an even bigger shame.

If the Police will not protect US citizens from an angry mob of illegals, then someone else surely will.

I see blood being shed before someone snaps and decides it is time rule of law becomes present again.

Right now it is mob rule at these rallies. A mob that HATES the United States and all it stand for.

I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. That oath did not become invalid when I left the military.

I WILL defend my country from its enemies.

They have no idea of the festering anger they are forcing to the surface with their actions.

Fortunately, I have renounced violence a very long time ago, and only seek peace in all I do.

Unfortunately, there are others that are not like me.

I stand with you. I also took the oath. It is time to secure our borders and send these ignorant criminals back across the border. It is way past time to fix our immigration system. We need good people from all over the world to make this country great. These scum will only turn our country into the cesspool that they have turned their country into. Instead of fixing their country they come here to drag us down to their level.

I stand with you. I also took the oath. It is time to secure our borders and send these ignorant criminals back across the border. It is way past time to fix our immigration system. We need good people from all over the world to make this country great. These scum will only turn our country into the cesspool that they have turned their country into. Instead of fixing their country they come here to drag us down to their level.

I may not have been called, but I registered, had I been called, I would have served. I also stand with you.

never_argue_with_a_fool_they_will.jpg

“………..now we’re seeing unjustified violence on both sides, and it needs to stop. There are reports of anti-Trump protestors chasing and attacking his supporters in San Jose. Every time I see images of the female Trump supporter covered in eggs while men in masks hurl insults at her, I feel pain over the assault on her and our democracy.

Regardless of how deplorable Trump is, using violence and physical attacks against his supporters is unacceptable and grossly counterproductive. No one can argue that they value the Constitution or the first amendment if they physically attack others for political speech that they disagree with. We’re supposed to fight back with ideas, civil disobedience, voting and political activism……..”

There is no excuse for violence in the political process…….. Both sides of the debate must condemn the violence and demand it stop……..

What are we becoming? Some 3rd world country………

I agree. Bernie and Hillary both condemned the assaults on Trump supporters which is admirable, and I suppose Trump has as well. What's missing is Trump's condemnation of his supporters attacking protestors.

I agree. I am no fan of our past history when it comes to treatment of minorities. However I am becoming more and more disturbed by this increasing demand for "Diversity" simply for it's own sake. What ever happened to advocating for basic Equality?

This country was once called a melting-pot. Now it seems to be turning into a buffet, with heavy emphasis on "spices" absent the meat and potatoes.

Diversity is divisive. The more diverse a society, the more balkanized it becomes. This is why we are seeing increasing outbursts of turmoil these days.

Now it's "Black lives matter," (only when it is a white cop killing one) not ALL lives matter. Mexican expatriates in America, rather than Mexican-Americans proud to be citizens of the USA. Muslim migrants like the Sudanese in Minnesota and Syrian refugees wherever they can find a squat, who want to transplant their culture wholesale from there to here, demanding sharia law and conversion to Islam.

How about refocusing on simple equality, accepting one common language, striving to adopt a common culture which allows personal freedoms to believe, speak, and think whatever you wish as long as you respect the rights of others to do the same?

You must have missed the 60's.

Instead of acting out in your typical attempt to channel "Yoda," why not provide the proof of those additional acts.

We have plenty of proof of the acts of Trump opponents.

So, trying to equate 1 or possibly 2 incidents of Trump supporters acting with individual stupidity as equivalent to a dozen or more incidents of group violence, rioting, and obstructionism is disingenuous.

I think it is you who miss the point. :shrug:

I think Yoda is encouraging you to look for yourself.

Let's examine that article you posted, shall we?

"... he (Trump) attacked Mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals​

False - He was speaking of "illegal" immigrants from Mexico, not the people from Mexico who enter and reside here legally.

"... unfortunately it led to many brutal physical attacks against people who have protested him at his rallies."​

False - The few times when a liberal protester would end up in a scuffle after trying to prevent the free expression of speech at a political rally, and then shout obscenities and insults to bystanders when they refused to leave peacefully, neither qualifies as "many", nor does the level of physical contact qualify as "brutal".

"There are reports of anti-Trump protestors chasing and attacking his supporters in San Jose."​

Reports? Seriously? Like it's hearsay and the violent riot that took place, that was videotaped by dozens of people and seen not only on every local TV station in the bay area, but coast to coast on national news reports and everywhere on YouTube, may or may not have actually happened. LMAO

"It’s understandable that Trump’s green light for physical violence against protestors at his rallies infuriates his opponents."​

A lie by omission - He gave the green light to "punch the crap" out of any protesters they saw attempting to throw tomatoes (or anything else) at him or anyone else at the rally. He did not direct supporters to simply physically attack protesters.

"But no one has the right to put their hands on anyone over any reason, including political disagreements. No one has the right to throw bottles or eggs at someone who’s exercising their Constitutional rights.

Trumps opponents simply cannot stoop to his level."​

A lie - Trump has not engaged in any of that activity, nor has he advocated for his supporters to engage in that activity.

Funny how as a conservative, you didn't pick up on any of those false and misleading passages.

Channeling Trump I see.

NEWS FLASH

Trump is a scumbag......and you know deep down in your heart he is a landslide loser to HRC.............enough said

Hear, hear!

Channeling Trump I see.

I can't stand Trump... but what I can't stand even more are political hacks who run around spouting lies to disparage those they disagree with, in order to prop up their flawed political beliefs.

Last edited:
I appreciate folks who agree with me:lamo........

It's too bad you lack the honesty and integrity to answer simple questions, or substantiate the opinions you espouse. It's the mark of a true political hack who's incapable of honest dialog.

It's too bad you lack the honesty and integrity to answer simple questions, or substantiate the opinions you espouse. It's the mark of a true political hack who's incapable of honest dialog.

You just cannot take a hint can you?

The more pure decedents of the conquistadors are the lighter skinned mexicans, it was stated that the lighter skinned mexicans look down on the more-brown Mexicans that are more Aztec Mayan style Indian mixed with conquistadors..

Guess mexicans are racist against mexicans..

Are you sure the lighter skin Mexicans aren't of German decent? Ever notice the similarities in Mexican and German music? Mexican beer? Vicente Fox and Frida Khalo?

You just cannot take a hint can you?

And you just can't put honesty and truth, above your ideological beliefs and liberal agenda... otherwise you would answer the questions and back up your opinions with facts.

You must have missed the 60's.

Actually born in the 50's and grew up experiencing REAL racism during the period in question.

How about you?

I think Yoda is encouraging you to look for yourself.

I have "looked for myself," or did you miss my original response?

Now if you have nothing actually constructive to say.... :coffeepap:

What are we becoming? Some 3rd world country………

I don't think there is any doubt about that. But we are getting there faster than I thought we would.

Are you sure the lighter skin Mexicans aren't of German decent? Ever notice the similarities in Mexican and German music? Mexican beer? Vicente Fox and Frida Khalo?

No, Mexico is not the Nazi loving Argentina.

I appreciate folks who agree with me:lamo........

This is an important issue. I would defend Trump supporters from being attacked, put my body on the line, though I can't stand Trump. I may not like what they say, but I will defend their right to say it.

No, Mexico is not the Nazi loving Argentina.

Mexico had a mass German migration over a 150 years ago. Former president, Vincente Fox is of Mexican German decent. Famous Mexican artist, Frida Khalo is of Mexican German decent.

That you would equate the mere mention of German's to Nazi's says a lot about you.

Mexico had a mass German migration over a 150 years ago. Former president, Vincente Fox is of Mexican German decent. Famous Mexican artist, Frida Khalo is of Mexican German decent.

That you would equate the mere mention of German's to Nazi's says a lot about you.

The very first day I was sent to school in Mexico, I got on the school bus at the border, and there were three white kids on it, looked to be brothers. They were blonder and bluer eyed than I was, and that's not easy, so I went up to them and said, "Hello," and the oldest practically hissed at me, "Get the **** away from us ****ing gringo."

There were many fistfights in my immediate future, several against the Mexican-German brothers.

Disrupting and closing down a political opponents campaign rallies was a favorite tactic of Hitler’s Brown Shirts. It’s also favorite tactic of Progressive Liberal Democrat Brown Shirts. In America today Democrats are the only ones doing this.

Yes it does.

Argentina opened their door to the Nazis and their descendants, still Nazis, are living there.

Yes it does.

Argentina opened their door to the Nazis and their descendants, still Nazis, are living there.

Which has nothing to do with your original claim about the conquistadors and light skin Mexicans, now does it?

I don't think there is any doubt about that. But we are getting there faster than I thought we would.

as long as we have this radical extremist RW virus I sure believe you're on to something........

Back
Top Bottom