• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

violent anti-war activestists?

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
All right this seams to happen allot we see on the news anti-war protest gets out of hand. Now we have anti-war protesters, that physically attack a Army recruiter and yell at him , thay ganged up on him. Thay say thay wher just using freedom speech, yet now the anti-war protesters are fighting to keep the Army recruiters off campus and by doing so taking away the Army's right to recrut ther. Doesn't the military, who since this country was established have fought for that first amendment right for them to protest and free speech, deserve to come and talk to students who might have an intrest in joining. I thank its awfully hypercritical for them to say its our freedom of speech that allows us to protest but the people that have protected that right don't get a platform to come out and speak becus where against it.
Also how can you be against the war becus of the violence and death of innocences blah blah blah, what ever your reason is, and in protesting it comet violence on others. Using violence, which you are Sposato be agents to stop violence, I'm trying to figure out the logic hear. Another thang I would like to say is get over it, your protesting is in vain where already at war and the Iraq people are Happy that thay got the chance to vote for the first time. You have no platform to protest our soldiers are dieing, thay know what thay where getting into when thay signed up their where thay thank thay need to be. Innocent Iraq people are dieing, there happy thay thank Americe for steeping in and bringing decoricy to ther country. The only victims of the war seam to be the terrorists and the anti-war protesters.
 

Batman

Active member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
407
Reaction score
7
Location
Fulton, KY
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
You must understand that the freedom of speech and the right to protest only applies to the Left and those who agree with everthing they say. In their mind anyway. :screwy
 

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I belive you are right, alot of the time it seams like ther in ther own little world, are at least thay would like to be.
 

freedom69714

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
211
Reaction score
2
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hey Skabanger :hm 13 First I'd like to thank you for your service to our COUNTRY

However I really find it differcut TO BE A LIGHT IN YOUR DARKNESS I can't believe you can blame the MAJORITY for the action of a FEW !!

I have and never will blame ALL our BRAVE SERVICE MEN / WOMEN for what happen in AB RU GRAVE ( SPELL CHECK NO HELP ) PRISION

And to tell you the TRUTH no matter WHAT any of our SERVICE MEN / WOMEN do not have THE RIGHT TO SAY ANY THING BECAUSE

"" IF I WAS PUT INTO THAT HELL HOLE WHO KNOWS WHAT I WOULD DO"'

The Indians HAVE A SAYING DI NOT CRITICIZES ME UNLESS YOU WALK A MILE IN MY :drink MOCKSINS "
 

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I have know idea what you are talking about freedom69 i was referring to the anti-war protesters that chased a Army recruiter of a collage campus, and are now trying to have them banded all together. Where is the hippie values of peace love and equality?
:monkey
 

Batman

Active member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
407
Reaction score
7
Location
Fulton, KY
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Freedom69 said:
Hey Skabanger :hm 13 First I'd like to thank you for your service to our COUNTRY

However I really find it differcut TO BE A LIGHT IN YOUR DARKNESS I can't believe you can blame the MAJORITY for the action of a FEW !!

I have and never will blame ALL our BRAVE SERVICE MEN / WOMEN for what happen in AB RU GRAVE ( SPELL CHECK NO HELP ) PRISION

And to tell you the TRUTH no matter WHAT any of our SERVICE MEN / WOMEN do not have THE RIGHT TO SAY ANY THING BECAUSE

"" IF I WAS PUT INTO THAT HELL HOLE WHO KNOWS WHAT I WOULD DO"'

The Indians HAVE A SAYING DI NOT CRITICIZES ME UNLESS YOU WALK A MILE IN MY :drink MOCKSINS "
:yt :confused:
 

anomaly

Anti-Capitalist
DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 20, 2005
Messages
1,020
Reaction score
6
Location
IN
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
skabanger13 said:
All right this seams to happen allot we see on the news anti-war protest gets out of hand. Now we have anti-war protesters, that physically attack a Army recruiter and yell at him , thay ganged up on him. Thay say thay wher just using freedom speech, yet now the anti-war protesters are fighting to keep the Army recruiters off campus and by doing so taking away the Army's right to recrut ther. Doesn't the military, who since this country was established have fought for that first amendment right for them to protest and free speech, deserve to come and talk to students who might have an intrest in joining. I thank its awfully hypercritical for them to say its our freedom of speech that allows us to protest but the people that have protected that right don't get a platform to come out and speak becus where against it.
Also how can you be against the war becus of the violence and death of innocences blah blah blah, what ever your reason is, and in protesting it comet violence on others. Using violence, which you are Sposato be agents to stop violence, I'm trying to figure out the logic hear. Another thang I would like to say is get over it, your protesting is in vain where already at war and the Iraq people are Happy that thay got the chance to vote for the first time. You have no platform to protest our soldiers are dieing, thay know what thay where getting into when thay signed up their where thay thank thay need to be. Innocent Iraq people are dieing, there happy thay thank Americe for steeping in and bringing decoricy to ther country. The only victims of the war seam to be the terrorists and the anti-war protesters.
Fist off, please spell better. I don't really care usually, but your terrible spelling made it quite difficult to understand what you were saying in some instances. Sure, you make good points in that the soldiers are volunteers. They signed up for the army. But when you hand your life over to the gov't (as all soldiers do) you expect them to preserve your life at ALL costs. I'd be pretty ****ed off if I got sent over to fight this war. Soldiers expect their lives to be on the line for a good reason, a reason worth dying for. And this is not it. Cons like to talk about 'respecting' our soldiers, but when it comes time to choose whether they go over and die for a bull**** cause, cons have absolutely no problem sending them.
 

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I thank stopping a murdering dictator and bringing democracy to a tyranny is a pretty Noble cause. Others in the military believe the same, I know that its a pretty popular view in the military becus I was in and am in the process of getting back in the army and I have quite a few friends that are military. the military stands up for those that cant stand up for them selfs weather their Americans are not. Do you know why the US doesn't send its troops on " UN peace keeping missions?" like this one where UN soldiers are raping women as young as 13 down in south Americe. Its becus we wont let any other country have comand over our troops becus our troops wouldn't stand around and watch this women get raped even if we were ordered not to interfear, becus we hold our self to a higher standard, we stand up for wrong doing and those that cant stand up for them selfs, like the Iraq people.
About "cons respecting our soldiers" yes I believe thay do. I was in the army under Clinton and we where getting paid next to nothing, when we got a "con" in charge President Bush our pay started taking off we where getting raises left and right, and from what I hear theirs more raises soon. About my spelling so what I spell bad I cant help it, if you have such a problem with it don't read it. Some how you used my bad spelling to completely avoid the subject why are " anti-war " protesters attacking Army recruiters and trying to suppress their freedom of speech.
 

Batman

Active member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
407
Reaction score
7
Location
Fulton, KY
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
anomaly said:
But when you hand your life over to the gov't (as all soldiers do) you expect them to preserve your life at ALL costs. I'd be pretty ****ed off if I got sent over to fight this war. Soldiers expect their lives to be on the line for a good reason, a reason worth dying for. And this is not it.
The Commander in Chief decides what wars are fought with the approval of Congress and if the reason is worth dying for. Every Commander in Chief has that responsibility. Like them or not. When people sign up in the military they know they may have to go to war - even if they don't agree with it. It goes with the obligation and oath you take. If you can't abide by that - don't sign up. If you decide not to go after you sign up and disgrace the oath you took - stay home. We don't want people like that in the military anyway.
 

Squawker

Professor
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
1,314
Reaction score
4
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A very nice post Skabanger, and I can't answer your question because I don't understand what motivates protesters to direct their anger at anyone besides the government either. Come to think of it, I don't know why they just don't write to the Senators who voted for it if they are so opposed. Just remember this, there are more people who support your service to this country than those who protest. Don't waste your energy worrying over the few who don't support what you do. We are proud of you Sir and thank you.
 

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Thank you for all the positave posts, and the support you show to men and women in the service. I really mean that it really makes me feel good , and i know it makes other solders feel good to know that we are supported. This weekend I was at meps taking my physical and some one that was staying at the hotel we wher at came and shook my hand and told me thank you for what you are doing, and it honestly choked me up a little, because I see that the sacrefices that we make aren't in vain.
Also since we haven't had any one come and respond to this, like an anti-war protester, I'm going to guess that thay really cant defend it because its wrong and thay know it.The last thang I would like to say to all the libs and Dem's out their don't protest on my behalf, I'm doing what I'm doing because I know its right and if I die beside my brothers and sisters I die for a just cause doing my duty to my country, I die a hero standing up for the rights of you and what America stands for just like all my fellow soldiers have before me
 

Batman

Active member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
407
Reaction score
7
Location
Fulton, KY
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
skabanger13 said:
Thank you for all the positave posts, and the support you show to men and women in the service. I really mean that it really makes me feel good , and i know it makes other solders feel good to know that we are supported. This weekend I was at meps taking my physical and some one that was staying at the hotel we wher at came and shook my hand and told me thank you for what you are doing, and it honestly choked me up a little, because I see that the sacrefices that we make aren't in vain.
Also since we haven't had any one come and respond to this, like an anti-war protester, I'm going to guess that thay really cant defend it because its wrong and thay know it.The last thang I would like to say to all the libs and Dem's out their don't protest on my behalf, I'm doing what I'm doing because I know its right and if I die beside my brothers and sisters I die for a just cause doing my duty to my country, I die a hero standing up for the rights of you and what America stands for just like all my fellow soldiers have before me
Thank You skabanger13 - and this :applaud is my way of shaking your hand.
Stay Strong.
 

freedom69714

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
211
Reaction score
2
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Skabanger13 :hm :hm Again I'd like to thank you for your service to our GREAT country # 1 ) I feel THE PRICE of this war is being paid by to FEW .
Their are many very STRONG MEN WOMEN in this country who should go especially IF THEY BELIEVE IN THIS WAR

and as far as this Protest goes IF IT IS THE SAME ONE that I heard of the requiters were ASK /TOLD please do not come on that DAY because of their was an ANTI WAR PROTEST going on

AND THEY felt it would be on the verge of in sighting to riot !!

Still in any case IT'S STILL THE action of a FEW !!

As I said before I would never balm what happen in AB RU-GRAVE PRISON ( SPELL- CHECK ) on all or even any other service MEMBERS !!
In fact even those who did do it I don't like even blaming them BECAUSE IF I WAS IN THAT HELL HOLE ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT I'D WOULD DO
KNOW WHAT I'D WOULD DO!!

:duel :argue
 
Top Bottom