• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Violence Erupts in Wisconsin After Shooting of Black Man, Cops Brutally Attacked, Incendiary Weapons

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Violence Erupts in Wisconsin After Shooting of Black Man, Cops Brutally Attacked, Incendiary Weapons Used

As we reported earlier Sunday evening, a Black man, reportedly unarmed, was shot seven times in the back by an officer or officers in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The man did not follow instructions to stop, and went all the way around and into his car, seemingly ignoring three officers with guns drawn. It is unclear whether or not he was reaching for a weapon in the car.

Video of the shooting at the link. Available video is from across the street from the incident and is not sufficient to tell exactly what happened. Naturally, that won't stop rampant speculation and there already seems to be some arson and looting in Kenosha because, y'know, a little fire and free stuff makes this kind of thing better.

Violence Erupts in Wisconsin After Shooting of Black Man, Cops Brutally Attacked, Incendiary Weapons Used

Video of the shooting at the link. Available video is from across the street from the incident and is not sufficient to tell exactly what happened. Naturally, that won't stop rampant speculation and there already seems to be some arson and looting in Kenosha because, y'know, a little fire and free stuff makes this kind of thing better.

This looks like straight up murder to me.

I’ll wait for the full story, but it’s going to need to be pretty damn good.

I’ve also heard that the guy was trying to break up a fight and his kids were in the car.

Gots to love these asshats. They have a Safety Squad rolling around chasing motorists trying to get around their riots. The irony they call them selves the SS. ****ing Nazi ****. Some of them are armed and shooting and engaging the police. This is going to end well.

Sounds like he's in serious condition; I assumed the worst after reading he was shot seven times. Let's hope he pulls through.

He ignored the officers commands to stop and then proceeded to open the door on his car anyway. Officers feeling threatened by that opened fire.

People want to act like they can ignore the police and it won't turn out badly... well, maybe if they are killed they will be honored with 8 funerals and a gold coffin. A lot easier just to follow simple commands, and if you need your day in court then live to have it.

He ignored the officers commands to stop and then proceeded to open the door on his car anyway. Officers feeling threatened by that opened fire.

People want to act like they can ignore the police and it won't turn out badly... well, maybe if they are killed they will be honored with 8 funerals and a gold coffin. A lot easier just to follow simple commands, and if you need your day in court then live to have it.

Felony opening your own door lol. You cant just kill people because you are scared you have to actually see a weapon or the guy has to make a threat and now these cops will pay for their mistake or crime, whichever it was.

The sad part is the shooting was very much unjustified, warrant or not. Yet they are going to burn their town down instead of holding the officers accountable. Such stupid.

Sounds like he's in serious condition; I assumed the worst after reading he was shot seven times. Let's hope he pulls through.

He's dead.

"Do what the state enforcers say or get shot" is the attitude of a fascist, and should have no place in a democracy. Police don't get to kill people because they feel scared or aren't being obeyed.

It was sufficient to tell that the guy was stupid, but the shooting was not necessary.

Last edited:

Were there children in the car he was getting into or reaching into?

"Do what the state enforcers say or get shot" is the attitude of a fascist, and should have no place in a democracy. Police don't get to kill people because they feel scared or aren't being obeyed.

so **** the police

go do what you want, right?

why obey LE officers?

is that REALLY your attitude and that of some of the others on this site?

no wonder we have issues in this country.....jhfc.....if a LE officer tells you to stop and drop, you STOP AND DROP

if that hurts your pride, or whatever, you will get over it....let the officers DO THEIR JOB and get on with it

what the hell is going on with police refusing to obey LAWFUL ORDERS from LE officers....i dont get this.....i really dont

i mean are you ****ing stupid, obtuse, or just plain want to die?

and if you think those orders were WRONG, take it up with them in a court of law....not out on the damn street....

It was sufficient to tell that the guy was stupid, but the shooting was not necessary.

You can't possibly know that. What if the guy had a gun or some other weapon and was reaching for it?

What we do know is, if the man's name is Jacob S. Blake then had had a warrant out for his arrest for Criminal Trespass to Dwelling and 3rd Degree Sexual Assault.

Whether the police were justified or not, it's a matter for the courts. But all the rioting, looting and general violence is issuing in an unprecedented surge in gun ownership. Is it a good thing?? Well, it doesn't seem good in that Americans are feeling insecure, so the lawlessness is clearly taking a psychological toll on the nation. On the other hand, I think it's better that people keep a gun for their own protection regardless of the times, as ultimately, it's the only real security they have, never mind now with the police crippled by politicians and crime on the rise. First-time gun ownership skyrockets amid riots, increased violence across country: '''You can'''t really be too safe''' | Fox News

On a broader scale, I think we are seeing the beginning of the end of major cities as glamorous, economic or even social hubs. The internet has a lot to do with it, but so does television entertainment. Now with Covid, obviously work from home is optimized and companies are not only adapting but benefiting, so work from home will continue as a popular employment option and will grow, such as online shopping has. But the danger of it is that the country is gravitating toward isolated enclaves where we are no longer interested in engaging others. Gated communities have been on the rise and are now coveted. Developers are glad to incorporate gated entrances and security guards to lure those fleeing from urban areas, and they are, by the truck loads. As we become more isolated, we will become less and less tolerant of our differences, and that's NOT a good thing. When 5G becomes nationally available, it will change America's population landscape entirely as people will no longer be restricted by the optimal communication and business interaction that the cities once provided. That will leave the poor stranded in urban areas, and the violence - of which will see a huge surge should Trump be reelected - will transform urban pockets into a desolate and degenerate landscape. I suspect Trump will win, which is why I think we all need to brace ourselves. Thanks!!

Once again, lots of ignorance in this thread. A police officer has the right to tell you not to do something if it might allow you to access a weapon. If you are in a car and you reach for the glove compartment without asking for permission from the cop, expect a violent reaction. What happened to common sense lately?

I would agree with that. It was a very pointless shooting. Quite frankly the rule for shooting should be only when they are shot at, or have been attacked and are actively defending themselves or in active defense of someone in clear and present danger from the suspect.

You can't possibly know that. What if the guy had a gun or some other weapon and was reaching for it?

What we do know is, if the man's name is Jacob S. Blake then had had a warrant out for his arrest for Criminal Trespass to Dwelling and 3rd Degree Sexual Assault.

I know what I saw on the video, and those cops could have tased or wrestled him down at any time before he reached the driver's door. Pulling on his shirt is not going to stop someone and shooting him multiple times in the back should not be the only other option.
I admit the guy was a total idiot for ignoring the cops....almost like daring them to do something.

The cops have got to be smarter than that.

so **** the police

why obey LE officers?

no wonder we have issues in this country.....jhfc.....if a LE officer tells you to stop and drop, you STOP AND DROP

if that hurts your pride, or whatever, you will get over it....let the officers DO THEIR JOB and get on with it

what the hell is going on with police refusing to obey LAWFUL ORDERS from LE officers....i dont get this.....i really dont

and if you think those orders were WRONG, take it up with them in a court of law....not out on the damn street....

The problem with taking it up with court, is the court has tolerated time and again malfeasance and misconduct from the police often without repercussion. Further the government has all advantage in the courts in time, money, and expertise thereby making reprisal for misconduct a rich mans game and even then the rich man gets screwed on occasion. This is one of the reasons that people are not putting up with the bull****.

Secondly there are no uniform set of procedures and rights to exercise for people to refer to that both citizens and the police adhere to. Shut up and take it IS not a proper procedure in a Republic of law.

I would agree with you that rioting over this stuff is absolute bull**** and the rioters should be dealt with in, my opinion, a rather draconian manner. That said there is a major grievances that must be addressed.

so **** the police

why obey LE officers?

I totally agree with you, and the guy was in the wrong for sure, BUT, they should have taken him down way before he reached the driver's door. The shooting was unnecessary.

Ignoring lawful orders and opening the door of a car and trying to enter it does not justify the use of deadly force.

The law is either important, or not. But don’t bitch about some suspect not following the law then turn a blind eye to agents of the State ignoring a far more significant law... the use of deadly force.

Officer are not immune when they act under the color of law.

Deprivation Of Rights Under Color Of Law

It’s only natural, car doors are well known for killing police officers. Anyone caught in possession of a car door deserves to be summarily executed, no trial necessary. MURICA

It’s only natural, car doors are well known for killing police officers. Anyone caught in possession of a car door deserves to be summarily executed, no trial necessary. MURICA

What's inside the car door can kill cops. That the black man was killed by a cop is all that matters to some folks.:roll:

The dude was shot in the back seven times at point blank range.

You have to be a real coward to feel threatened enough to do that.

so **** the police

why obey LE officers?

Calmly walking away from the police does not entail a death sentence.

Back
Top Bottom