• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vietnam's General Vo Nguyen Giap dies

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

How many liberals and anti war activist will be mourning the death of Gen. Giap ?

>" Vo Nguyen Giap, the Vietnamese general who masterminded victories against France and the US, has died aged 102.

His defeat of French forces at Dien Bien Phu in 1954 effectively ended French colonial rule in the region.

He was North Vietnam's defence minister at the time of the Tet Offensive against American forces in 1968, often cited as a key campaign that led to the Americans' withdrawal.

Gen Giap also published a number of works on military strategy.

He was born into a peasant family in the central Quang Binh province of what was then French Indochina.'<

Continue -> BBC News - Vietnam's General Vo Nguyen Giap dies

To think that he died so young.

I don't think being the defence minster during the Tet Offensive is something to be proud about, it was a giant failure for the North Vietnamese. It should have rallied support in America like it did in South Vietnam.

How many liberals and anti war activist will be mourning the death of Gen. Giap ?

>" Vo Nguyen Giap, the Vietnamese general who masterminded victories against France and the US, has died aged 102.

His defeat of French forces at Dien Bien Phu in 1954 effectively ended French colonial rule in the region.

He was North Vietnam's defence minister at the time of the Tet Offensive against American forces in 1968, often cited as a key campaign that led to the Americans' withdrawal.

He was born into a peasant family in the central Quang Binh province of what was then French Indochina.'<

Liberals who fought in Vietnam might well mark the death of a warrior opponent without mourning him. Can you deny he was a patriotic hero?

Liberals who fought in Vietnam might well mark the death of a warrior opponent without mourning him. Can you deny he was a patriotic hero?

He ordered the systematic murders of South Vietnamese teachers, community leaders and intellectuals. He allowed American POW's to be tortured and murdered, if not directly ordered it to be done. He was a mudering, Communist piece of ****, not a patriotic hero.

Actually, all of us should. Keep an eye to the future, not the past. Today's reality is that the Vietnamese are warming to us. This is primarily because of the Chinese dominance in the region and the push and pull over the South China Sea. We should take advantage of every chance we have to make friends in the region, forgive past offenses, and create partnerships.

The first US ship to pull in to Vietnam, since the war, happened a few years ago. We need to keep this trend going.

Don't forget the Vietnamese and the Chinese also fought a war just years after we got out of there. We have common interests.

meme-gc-cm-holidaysthough.jpg

Actually, all of us should. Keep an eye to the future, not the past. Today's reality is that the Vietnamese are warming to us. This is primarily because of the Chinese dominance in the region and the push and pull over the South China Sea. We should take advantage of every chance we have to make friends in the region, forgive past offenses, and create partnerships.

The first US ship to pull in to Vietnam, since the war, happened a few years ago. We need to keep this trend going.

Don't forget the Vietnamese and the Chinese also fought a war just years after we got out of there. We have common interests.

The Vietnamese and Chinese are natural born enemies with each other. Gook hates gook.

The war clouds are already forming over the South China Sea. The objective are the oil rich Paracel and Spratly islands that Vietnam, the Philippines and China all claim.

While our navy is being dumbed down and rusting in port unable to put to sea and fight, a naval war is brewing in the South China Sea.

He ordered the systematic murders of South Vietnamese teachers, community leaders and intellectuals. He allowed American POW's to be tortured and murdered, if not directly ordered it to be done. He was a mudering, Communist piece of ****, not a patriotic hero.

... the United States didn't exactly play nice in our Asian theaters of war.

That's the question I'm asking, how do liberals feel about the death of Gen. Giap ?

John Kerry is a liberal, can you deny that John Kerry was a patriotic hero of Communist Vietnam ?

Today Vietnam looks at Kerry as being a traitor to his own country even though Kerry was an ally of North Vietnam during the 70's.

The Vietnamese and Chinese are natural born enemies with each other. Gook hates gook.

The war clouds are already forming over the South China Sea. The objective are the oil rich Paracel and Spratly islands that Vietnam, the Philippines and China all claim.

While our navy is being dumbed down and rusting in port unable to put to sea and fight, a naval war is brewing in the South China Sea.

Not much of a war. China has nuclear weapons. Having such devices puts you into an entirely different class.

... the United States didn't exactly play nice in our Asian theaters of war.

what do you mean?
the my lai massacre?
taking two suspect VC for a ride in a USA huey with ROK soldiers on board interrogating them mid flight ... pushing one out the door to his certain death in order to prompt the other to talk
or maybe the napalm and agent orange
not like we need to be ashamed of such acts of inhumanity [/sarcasm]

That's the question I'm asking, how do liberals feel about the death of Gen. Giap ?

John Kerry is a liberal, can you deny that John Kerry was a patriotic hero of Communist Vietnam ?

Today Vietnam looks at Kerry as being a traitor to his own country even though Kerry was an ally of North Vietnam during the 70's.

I am sure the Laotians, Cambodians, and the Montanards aren't crying over spilled milk.

Keepin' it classy.

I should have put in parenthesis ( In historical Marine Corps context.)

The word "gook" is a U.S. Marine slang word, believed coined during the Barbary Pirate wars and used off and on for almost two hundred years in reference to any person, place or thing that is strange or not American. During the 1970's a white beard scratching liberal who never served in the Corps would use revisionism and create a PC definition for the word and label it as a derogatory term.

The libs did the same thing with the definition of what an assault rifle is.

what do you mean?
the my lai massacre?
taking two suspect VC for a ride in a USA huey with ROK soldiers on board interrogating them mid flight ... pushing one out the door to his certain death in order to prompt the other to talk

Was My Lai executed as a part of official policy? I can't wait for your to post the docs that prove that, which I'm sure you have close at hand.

Throwing VC prisoners out helicopters is a fish story.

And, so what? We used napalm. Dead is dead, it doesn't matter much what caused it.

what do you mean?
the my lai massacre?

You think any of that compares to what that Piece of **** did? What he did to women.....children. You think we were into direct torture to make a statement? We didn't run around lopping off little kids arms all because they got inoculated by the US or others. We didn't stake out and torture and burn village chiefs for not giving up their people to go and fight for that jerk. Then leave them there burning as an example of how civilized they were.

When one unleashes the Dogs of War.....never cry when coming across that Hell hound!

I read your article. Leave it to Sen. McCain to show some class, and I am being sincere.
Here's another article. You may be comforted by the comments at the bottom.
I hope your "feelings" toward liberals and anti war activists will simmer in your remaining time on Earth.
My Dad was never the same after his several TDYs over there, as I remember from Mom.

Legendary Vietnam Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap dies at 102 - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

The article points out that Giap was out of the Country during Tet and was said to not be involved in its planning.
Giap was also said to have been eased out after Ho Chih Minh died.
It may not be my business, but I think you need to talk with brother Perotista a little more, even by PM. Best Wishes

Did we seek out and execute school teachers and doctors, as a matter of policy?

Nobody that important. But farms and villages that got in the way of large scale operations took heavy losses.

I'm not getting involved in a debate about the unauthorized massacres or the gas.

The word "gook" is a U.S. Marine slang word, believed coined during the Barbary Pirate wars and used off and on for almost two hundred years in reference to any person, place or thing that is strange or not American. During the 1970's a white beard scratching liberal who never served in the Corps would use revisionism and create a PC definition for the word and label it as a derogatory term.

Um, no. The word 'Gook' first appeared in 1893 to refer to a prostitute. It first rose to prominence among American soldiers in the Philippines. It originally was applied to Spanish speakers (Haitians, Nicaraguans, and some Filipinos), until it was revived commonly used to describe Koreans, until it generally referred to anyone who was East Asian.

I can't tell if you were just misinformed or you just were making **** up.

The libs did the same thing with the definition of what an assault rifle is.

That's irrelevant and you know that.

Keepin' it classy.

Ah, while the terms may be outlandish, the message is true. They do all hate each other. Show me one country in Asia that likes the Japanese (due to WW2). Also show me one country that likes China (other than China). This area is quite the tinderbox.

what do you mean?
the my lai massacre?
[/sarcasm]

The ROK Tiger Division ? I know a former Army crew chief on a slick who said he witnessed it.

My last six months in-country I served along side ROK Marines Blue Dragons. Their TAR was in and around Hoi An. It's interesting that to the best of my knowledge that Hoi An was the only city in the RVN that wasn't attacked during Tet of 68.

Charley were scared ######## of ROK soldiers and Marines.

Back
Top Bottom