• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vietnam veteran in Massachusetts assaulted for supporting Trump, police say

Did the Veteran do something to enter the proximity of the Police or did the police go to the home of the Navy Veteran?

The Navy Veteran went to the police to talk to them while he was peacefully exercising his First Amendment Rights.

He posed no threats to the police.

He was not interfering with what they were doing.

They arbitrarily decided to whack the crap out of him for no valid reason.

I'm sure there are good people on both sides.

I'm sure there are, also.

I'm also sure there are more people who THINK they are good than the number who actually are good.

Antifa members do not = all Democrats, if any.

Tea Party members do not = all Republicans

So... There's that.

Remember also that 10,100 protests in the wake of the needless and brutal Police killing (assassination) of George Floyd; protests from May to August, were peaceful never devolving into looting, burning, vandalizing, arsonist rampages that destroyed downtowns across the country.

So... There's that as well.

The actual murder of Mr. Floyd was criminal.

The selective and misleading publication of cherry picked facts regarding the event and the participants was certainly unfair, unprofessional and intentionally inflammatory.

The responses by the mobs was criminal as they either created the mischief or authorized it by their consent and often their loudly vocal support.

There is not a good reason for the violence, mayhem, assaults, looting church desecration and intimidation being conducted by the criminals doing it.

Idiots like LeBron James who spout ignorance and stupidity to incite the violence are as culpable as the thugs beating the hapless business owners half to death in their stores.

Idiots like LeBron James who spout ignorance and stupidity to incite the violence are as culpable as the thugs beating the hapless business owners half to death in their stores.

I'm not sure that's true.

I'm sure there are, also.

I'm also sure there are more people who THINK they are good than the number who actually are good.

We have an ersatz president and his entire administration who are suffering that delusion!

The selective and misleading publication of cherry picked facts regarding the event and the participants was certainly unfair, unprofessional and intentionally inflammatory.

The responses by the mobs was criminal as they either created the mischief or authorized it by their consent and often their loudly vocal support.

There is not a good reason for the violence, mayhem, assaults, looting church desecration and intimidation being conducted by the criminals doing it.

What was/were "cherry picked facts" and by whom?

Only the criminal mobs were responsible for the criminal acts.

Folks should not be listening to anyone who incites violence whether it was LeBron James or the idiot president Trump who has incited violence and mobs.

What did LeBron James say, what was his spout of "ignorance and stupidity" that you believe incited folks to beat up shop owners making James "culpable"?

The Navy Veteran went to the police to talk to them while he was peacefully exercising his First Amendment Rights.

He posed no threats to the police.

He was not interfering with what they were doing.

They arbitrarily decided to whack the crap out of him for no valid reason.

I think I saw a video of the incident that you are describing.

It certainly seemed to be a few seconds that showed some violence.

What led up to the violence over the preceding minutes, hours and days is not displayed in the video that I saw.

I'm sure in the Tea Party that was true.

Probably true in every group.

However, the point of contrast between the TEA Party and the protesters we see today is that the TEA Party folks did no harm.

They even picked up their own trash.

We have an ersatz president and his entire administration who are suffering that delusion!

Are you asserting that the the flavor of one group of lying thieves is better than the other?

What was/were "cherry picked facts" and by whom?

Only the criminal mobs were responsible for the criminal acts.

Folks should not be listening to anyone who incites violence whether it was LeBron James or the idiot president Trump who has incited violence and mobs.

People incited by the president were only looking for an excuse to be incited.

It was several weeks after the fact that Mr. Floyd was described as a previous offender who was at the time high and had a previous relationship with his killer.

Also that he was saying "I can't breathe", before he was ever placed in physical jeopardy.

While the Floyd killing was criminal in nature, the responses were also criminal.

I think I saw a video of the incident that you are describing.

It certainly seemed to be a few seconds that showed some violence.

What led up to the violence over the preceding minutes, hours and days is not displayed in the video that I saw.

:ROFLMAO:

The criminal action by the Federal police may have lasted more than a "few seconds" but certainly involved them leaving Federal Property to come and beat and gas that peaceful protestor. The "few seconds" involved one officer striking the man at least five times with a baton (club) with full double handed grip strikes. The man was severely bruised an received broken bones in his hand that require surgery. Then another of Trumps Troops came off Federal Property into the street and up in the mans face and used pepper gas, spraying the man directly in his face.

Nothing "led up to the violence" perpetrated against that man other than the overreaction and thuggish behavior of Trump's stormtroopers going all criminal against a peaceful protestor that was not threatening them and was not invading or trespassing onto Federal Property.

Those officers should have been fired.

What did LeBron James say, what was his spout of "ignorance and stupidity" that you believe incited folks to beat up shop owners making James "culpable"?

James said he felt that the cops were "hunting" Black people.

Are you asserting that the the flavor of one group of lying thieves is better than the other?

No.

Not at all.

I am saying, now, for clarification, that they are in concert in bad behavior with all the others and that none of them are better at all, period.

However, the point of contrast between the TEA Party and the protesters we see today is that the TEA Party folks did no harm.

If you consider that perhaps the Tea Party lead to the change in politics that lead to Trump I would say they did an incalculable amount of harm.

Probably true in every group.

They even picked up their own trash.

Their white trash of course.

Said the PutinTrumpRower who's Making America Russia Instead.

You are removed so severely from reality that you are no longer communicating coherently.

You are removed so severely from reality that you are no longer communicating coherently.

Don't you guyz have some bleach to inject? It's what your wildman ignoramus said to do so you know it's what you gotta do. Or perhaps you guyz are waiting until right after the election.

Boston Red Sox fans in New England have been bum's rushing NY Yankee fans off our corners for a hundred years. In Boston itself a Yankee Fan and the Vietnam Veteran are the same kind of bum deal. So it's off you go the instant either of 'em starts showing his homemade sign at our corner to include Trump in this day and age.

You could buy a t-shirt outside of Fenway Park on a gameday that read, "Certified Yankee Hater" across the mighty pecs. Likewise when Watergate came on after MA was the only state McGovern carried in '72, bumper stickers proliferated: "Don't Blame Me, I Voted for McGovern."

For moi it carried over after my time in The Old Guard and while I was a civvy in Washington DC in '73 when I put one on my car and was stopped by Washingtonians some of whom seemed to want to carry me on their shoulders. That would be in between giving you guys the bums's rush every time too. And perhaps this election could be the WW2 B-17 bomber pilot McGovern's Revenge. As much as you guyz voted for Nixon whose "secret plan" to end the war was to prolong it until after his reelection.

Another aspect of this is how can a Vietnam veteran support draft dodgers like Trump or Clinton?

The same way they can support a draft dodger like Biden

Back
Top Bottom