• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Videos Show Cops Slashing Car Tires at Protests in Minneapolis

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I fear summer 2020 will be long and hot.........

Absolutely hilarious

America it has been nice knowing you

Fire all the police. This batch is hopelessly poisoned.

Sadly the history of America is filled with what "SOME" White People promote of delusions of superiority and racist ignorance, and some engage in acts that fit with the term "savage"

White people who support and embrace Democracy and Multicultural and Multi-ethnic respect of people.... Must Stand Up Against These White Racist Asshole Types.

Made it harder for radicals to weaponize their vehicles. Given the protests, it was probably easier than towing them out of the area to neutralize the potential threat of their use.

Then we should just confiscate everybody's gun right? It's not like those are weaponized at all.....

Point of information:

A review of the videos provided as evidence only show the discovery of cars with tires slashed.

The allegation that the police did it is a presumption based on hearsay.

I believe there is some video evidence I've seen elsewhere of police slashing tires of cars approaching police lines, while other officers are removing recalcitrant vehicle occupants.

However, it does not follow (absent clear and convincing evidence) that it was the police who slashed the vehicle tires in that story. It could as easily (if not more likely) have been vandals, rioters, or anarchist groups pushing to blame the police.

When all the facts are in, then we can discuss this properly. Meanwhile, this remains an allegation based on hearsay, and not necessarily fact.

Last edited:
Made it harder for radicals to weaponize their vehicles. Given the protests, it was probably easier than towing them out of the area to neutralize the potential threat of their use.

Hmmm you don't watch 'COPS' do you??? Guys drive cars at rather high rates of speed on sparking rims... :roll:

As far as I can tell cars have been a weapon for white supremacists (Charlottesville) and Cops (NYC)- protesters not so much... :peace

There's always one word that any logical person should ask in any situation and that is 'why?' This is a situation where riot police or National Guard slashed the tires of many cars, most of them rental cars, and many belonging to journalists, belongs in a whole different category of 'whys'. Since the Minneapolis’ police union chief won’t talk to reporters, the reason why they've done this is left up to interpretation.

The way I interpret it is that the 'cops' were trying to blame the slashing of tires on the protestors. What other possible reason could there be? Fortunately, it was all captured on video with a lot of other military/police/national guard present as witnesses. And mark my words, sooner or later this is all going to come out publicly as to their reasons for slashing those car tires.

You guys need to stop trying to ad lib and wait for the official narratives to arrive.

At least they won't be stupid.

Most of those cars parked belonged to journalists and photographers, there's even one rental car that was rented by a Canadian journalist. Many of the cars vandalized by the cops were clearly rental cars. Many people don't know how to recognize a rental car, but police most certainly do. Rental cars have either a rental car plate or a bar code on their windshield. Some even have dealership decals on the back. These cops knew very well that those vehicles they slashed tires on were not vehicles belonging to any terrorists. Don't you think it would be unusual for terrorists to park their cars as a group in a well-lit K-Mart parking lot that's under constant surveillance with multiple video cameras?

Again, ask 'why' and you'll get the real answer.

Fire all the police. This batch is hopelessly poisoned.

We agree on a lot, but wish you'd shy away from statements like this. I understand you likely don't really mean that all cops are bad, but you might startle the conserves deeper into their blind faith for cops.

Just look at cabse5, I'm sure ya'll would have disagreed anyways, but now he gets to go tell people that the left hate all cops. It's like when a conserve gets flustered and blames black people for their lot in life, we get to go talk about how racist people on this site are while affirming our capacity to not be bigots.

I don't entirely disagree with your point however, I do believe that the massive amount of cops leaving because they didn't get to go clubbing like a doped up rave junkie points to deeply rooted stubbornness among law enforcement. But I also think, "good, f*ck those cops." If they can't handle the idea of deescalation we don't need people like them on the force. If we made all cops use their cameras and cracked down on corruption, we likely wouldn't have many officers left.

We can't just get rid of the bad, we need ways to get a new generation of people onto the force. We need to find ways of encouraging people to become cops. And part of that paradoxically means we have to stop bad mouthing them so much. I might be a cop someday, but the right does have a point, if this movement makes me feel more hated for wearing a badge than appreciated, then I might get discouraged from joining the force.

We're getting closer to a tipping point in America every day, so now more than ever we really do need to talk like children are listening. If we use emotion driven arguments and speak with resentment, we will garner no respect or acceptance in the future. MLK is strong not for his beliefs, but for his restraint. I'm not saying every protester is misrepresenting the man, but we really do need to think on what made his movement so successful.

i don't mean to preach to someone who's been here over a decade, but when you make statements like these it makes it just a little harder to convince the right that just maybe things aren't perfect the way they are, and more importantly, we should do something about it. They'll admit some cops are bad, but if we make it an all or nothing argument then we'll just push them farther into their corner. We need to convince them our solution involves maintaining a police force, if they think we want to get rid of all police it'll be a cake walk to get their base riled enough to vote down change. They already agree with us that policing isn't perfect let's show them there are solutions.

We might not have a lot of influence through this site, but we can at least make it slightly harder to argue against police reform.

If you have the time, maybe we could chat about how else to convince the next generation that being a cop isn't as dangerous as MSM wants you to believe. Or what systems such as body cams or community oversight might solve the issues we're facing. I love bashing cops as much as the next person but I would rather round up people to debate change. What changes do we need, and how do we make them happen?

Again, I don't mean to patronize someone who's been here longer than me, I just feel you have more insight on this and I want to hear people's thoughts on change, not resentment towards evil people. We can't save the orchard by burning the whole thing down, so how do we separate the bad apples?

We agree on a lot, but wish you'd shy away from statements like this. I understand you likely don't really mean that all cops are bad, but you might startle the conserves deeper into their blind faith for cops.

Just look at cabse5, I'm sure ya'll would have disagreed anyways, but now he gets to go tell people that the left hate all cops. It's like when a conserve gets flustered and blames black people for their lot in life, we get to go talk about how racist people on this site are while affirming our capacity to not be bigots.

I don't entirely disagree with your point however, I do believe that the massive amount of cops leaving because they didn't get to go clubbing like a doped up rave junkie points to deeply rooted stubbornness among law enforcement. But I also think, "good, f*ck those cops." If they can't handle the idea of deescalation we don't need people like them on the force. If we made all cops use their cameras and cracked down on corruption, we likely wouldn't have many officers left.

We can't just get rid of the bad, we need ways to get a new generation of people onto the force. We need to find ways of encouraging people to become cops. And part of that paradoxically means we have to stop bad mouthing them so much. I might be a cop someday, but the right does have a point, if this movement makes me feel more hated for wearing a badge than appreciated, then I might get discouraged from joining the force.

We're getting closer to a tipping point in America every day, so now more than ever we really do need to talk like children are listening. If we use emotion driven arguments and speak with resentment, we will garner no respect or acceptance in the future. MLK is strong not for his beliefs, but for his restraint. I'm not saying every protester is misrepresenting the man, but we really do need to think on what made his movement so successful.

i don't mean to preach to someone who's been here over a decade, but when you make statements like these it makes it just a little harder to convince the right that just maybe things aren't perfect the way they are, and more importantly, we should do something about it. They'll admit some cops are bad, but if we make it an all or nothing argument then we'll just push them farther into their corner. We need to convince them our solution involves maintaining a police force, if they think we want to get rid of all police it'll be a cake walk to get their base riled enough to vote down change. They already agree with us that policing isn't perfect let's show them there are solutions.

We might not have a lot of influence through this site, but we can at least make it slightly harder to argue against police reform.

If you have the time, maybe we could chat about how else to convince the next generation that being a cop isn't as dangerous as MSM wants you to believe. Or what systems such as body cams or community oversight might solve the issues we're facing. I love bashing cops as much as the next person but I would rather round up people to debate change. What changes do we need, and how do we make them happen?

Again, I don't mean to patronize someone who's been here longer than me, I just feel you have more insight on this and I want to hear people's thoughts on change, not resentment towards evil people. We can't save the orchard by burning the whole thing down, so how do we separate the bad apples?

I don’t really know what I mean since I’m still digesting the depth of this problem. But what we’ve seen over the past few weeks is that police brutality is nationwide and systemic. Nobody can say with a straight face that these are examples of “bad apples.” They’re clearly the rule and not the exception.

I don’t know how you fix a police culture that is so clearly oriented to be racist, brutal and completely unaccountable.

I saw a tweet showing yet another horrifying video of police brutality, with the tweeter saying, “If this doesn’t radicalize you, what will?” While that wouldn’t apply to one incident, it would certainly apply to the total sum of incidents we’ve seen over the past couple weeks, which shows police brutality to be, again, nationwide and systemic.

The problem is radical, and to me it seems that a radical solution is called for.

Genuine and sincere question: what is the moderate solution to this problem? Because these cops are ****ing horrible human beings. What you’re seeing is a problem that’s a lot more ingrained than a simple lack of positive messaging at the top.

Point of information:

A review of the videos provided as evidence only show the discovery of cars with tires slashed.

I believe there is some video evidence I've seen elsewhere of police slashing tires of cars approaching police lines, while other officers are removing recalcitrant vehicle occupants.

However, it does not follow (absent clear and convincing evidence) that it was the police who slashed the vehicle tires in that story. It could as easily (if not more likely) have been vandals, rioters, or anarchist groups pushing to blame the police.

When all the facts are in, then we can discuss this properly. Meanwhile, this remains an allegation based on hearsay, and not necessarily fact.

Enough of your stupid contrarian bull**** smokescreens, Adverse.

cops-puncturing-1.gif

There is video of this, but you just have to try to make it sound like we just can't know what happened.

There are certain members of this Forum that I frequently bypass for many reasons, some identified in my blogs, and others generally covered by my tagline.

That does not necessarily mean that I don't read their posts.

In this current thread, one such member attacks me personally (as usual) while providing the following picture as evidence:

cops-puncturing-1.gif

That image is supposed to prove my post was wrong, and also to reinforce that particular member's confirmation bias.

However, this is what I wrote:

Point of information:

When all the facts are in, then we can discuss this properly.

Meanwhile, this remains an allegation based on hearsay, and not necessarily fact.

So the alleged evidence that I was wrong is actually evidence which supports my point.

I say again, there was no evidence (photo or video) of the police slashing tires in parking lots provided in the OP story. The testimony simply said the victims had "heard" it was police.

I stand by my post. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
I don’t really know what I mean since I’m still digesting the depth of this problem. But what we’ve seen over the past few weeks is that police brutality is nationwide and systemic. Nobody can say with a straight face that these are examples of “bad apples.” They’re clearly the rule and not the exception.

I don’t know how you fix a police culture that is so clearly oriented to be racist, brutal and completely unaccountable.

I saw a tweet showing yet another horrifying video of police brutality, with the tweeter saying, “If this doesn’t radicalize you, what will?” While that wouldn’t apply to one incident, it would certainly apply to the total sum of incidents we’ve seen over the past couple weeks, which shows police brutality to be, again, nationwide and systemic.

The problem is radical, and to me it seems that a radical solution is called for.

Genuine and sincere question: what is the moderate solution to this problem? Because these cops are ****ing horrible human beings. What you’re seeing is a problem that’s a lot more ingrained than a simple lack of positive messaging at the top.

Firstly, I greatly appreciate you're willingness to admit this is too confusing a topic to provide a simple solution. Not enough people understand their lack of understanding, myself included.

Secondly, I agree that this isn't a few individual cops but a system built on greed and corruption. I do think there are some moderate solutions, I don't know the full extent of their impact yet, obviously.

I don't think body cams are radical, they work well at showing the stark contrast between a lawful drug arrest and when a cop turns it off real quick then magically finds drugs. I don't think it would be extreme at all to wave cases where police turned off their camera. While there may be some random glitch, any jury that uses their brains can see the connection between a quick camera shutdown and a conveniently timed drug find. Cops even prefer using body cams because it also protects themselves, while you and I understand how rare it is for civilians to sew cops successfully, they get told everyday that it's a real risk and they should fear it.

Community oversight is another easy one, they tried to do it in my city but when it was passed the police just went afk. They just didn't let any civilians do ride alongs to check on police behavior. If a person who isn't tied to the police department, but still has influence, were at the scene when Floyd got choked, I can't help but believe Derek may have responded to someone with the police chief's phone number.

While fear motives aren't the most comfortable way to solve police misconduct, I think it could help.

Personally I would want both cameras and new training. People say that cops go through enough background checks and training as it is, but if a pilot is prone to random drug testing just because they fly a plane, the guy with a gun should get tested more often. There is nothing wrong with teaching cops to a higher standard.

I think ending the war on drugs would ease a lot of pressure on police too, they're busy people, and it's mostly time spend busting petty addicts and dealers. If we just taxed drugs we'd have less over doses and more money to hire better cops. At the end of the day, the issue doesn't just lie with the cops themselves, but also with the laws we chose to enforce and the punishments we pass on to "criminals."

Making it so an ex-con can never get a real job doesn't do a great job of preventing their return to illegal money. Ensuring that a petty dealer can never live in public housing again, just means he has to sell more drugs to afford private living. We don't just have mean cops, we have a punishment system designed for private prisons to get high turnover rates. Nobody should make money on crime, that includes prisons.

You know what, you might be right, because if we don't have widespread justice reform we may never have decent policing. Not while they are made enforce poorly designed laws while doing nothing to prevent prison rape. Prisoners getting raped is just a joke to this country, we act like it's just part of their punishment, an eye for an eye. Except that most criminals aren't rapists and we aren't supposed to use "unfair and unusual" punishment.

This nation can't see gray, only black and white. If someone is in jail it must be their fault, we would rather trust authority than come to grasps with the fact that our taxes fund child rape cages. We have actually sent 14 year old boys to adult prison, let me rephrase that, we have sentenced children to rape.

I agree that it isn't bad apples, it's a bad system all around.

There are certain members of this Forum that I frequently bypass for many reasons, some identified in my blogs, and others generally covered by my tagline.]/B[

That does not necessarily mean that I don't read their posts.

In this current thread, one such member attacks me personally (as usual) while providing the following picture as evidence:

cops-puncturing-1.gif

That image is supposed to prove my post was wrong, and also to reinforce that particular member's confirmation bias.

However, this is what I wrote:

So the alleged evidence that I was wrong is actually evidence which supports my point.

I say again, there was no evidence (photo or video) of the police slashing tires in parking lots provided in the OP story. The testimony simply said the victims had "heard" it was police.

I stand by my post. :coffeepap:

Congratulation for your “tag line.”

You manage to seamlessly combine ignorance and arrogance. I know I am on your scroll by list, just wanted to say hi.

:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom