• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Videos Show Cops Slashing Car Tires at Protests in Minneapolis

NOW that law enforcement agencies have confessed to it, can we stop with the idiotic excuses?
“State Patrol troopers strategically deflated tires,” Department of Public Safety spokesman Bruce Gordon told The Star Tribune on Monday, “in order to stop behaviors such as vehicles driving dangerously and at high speeds in and around protesters and law enforcement.”

Gordon also said that the patrol targeted vehicles containing items used to cause harm during the protests, and admitted that this is “not a typical tactic.”

The Anoka County Sheriff’s Lieutenant Andy Knotz said that county deputies followed orders from the state’s Multiagency Command Center to join the patrol and slash tires.
(Forbes)

BTW, the "explanation" doesn't pass the guffaw test. At least they admitted that it was "not a typical tactic" used by any law enforcement agency, ever. I smell a class action in...3...2...1...

Last edited:
NOW that law enforcement agencies have confessed to it, can we stop with the idiotic excuses? (Forbes)

BTW, the "explanation" doesn't pass the guffaw test. At least they admitted that it was "not a typical tactic" used by any law enforcement agency, ever. I smell a class action in...3...2...1...
I'm trying to imagine how the universal confiscation of firearms on the same basis might fly...

There was no one around, and cars with flat tires are not disabled they can still be driven. Please be smarter

You support the destruction of private property just admit it

Jesus, the level of dumb on display by the left is ghastly.

Radicals have to pay for new tires boo hoo.

Right, because if they were at a protest, which is a protected right in a free country, they are radicals whose vehicles needed to be vandalized. Makes sense as a principle.

Made it harder for radicals to weaponize their vehicles. Given the protests, it was probably easier than towing them out of the area to neutralize the potential threat of their use.

The only radical who weaponized a vehicle was a white supremacist. You know. One of the "good people".

Our police don't slash our tires.

If your police are slashing your tires, you'd best find out why they are doing it. Talk it over and apologize, if need be.

You guys need to stop trying to ad lib and wait for the official narratives to arrive.

At least they won't be stupid.

That's right. They need to wait for Trump to tweet the official lie. That way there won't be confusion about which one to push.

Our police don't slash our tires.

If your police are slashing your tires, you'd best find out why they are doing it. Talk it over and apologize, if need be.

Apologize to someone who slashed my tires? Are you serious?

Sadly the history of America is filled with what "SOME" White People promote of delusions of superiority and racist ignorance, and some engage in acts that fit with the term "savage"

White people who support and embrace Democracy and Multicultural and Multi-ethnic respect of people.... Must Stand Up Against These White Racist Asshole Types.

How about the fact that a black male in America is much more likely to be killed by another black male than by a cop? Is that anything we should consider?

There's always one word that any logical person should ask in any situation and that is 'why?' This is a situation where riot police or National Guard slashed the tires of many cars, most of them rental cars, and many belonging to journalists, belongs in a whole different category of 'whys'. Since the Minneapolis’ police union chief won’t talk to reporters, the reason why they've done this is left up to interpretation.

The way I interpret it is that the 'cops' were trying to blame the slashing of tires on the protestors. What other possible reason could there be? Fortunately, it was all captured on video with a lot of other military/police/national guard present as witnesses. And mark my words, sooner or later this is all going to come out publicly as to their reasons for slashing those car tires.

They are including journalists in their war on the citizenry. Power structures get more brutal the more their power is questioned or threatened. This doesnt surprise me.

Again, whether it's criminals, police brutality, someone ranting and raving stupid crap on a street corner that will get them fired from their job...... The fact that people, supposedly smart people, can't grasp the fact that there are cameras 'every 'f'ing' where' nowadays is mind boggling to me.

How thick and stupid can people be?

The police have been able to get away with things even when caught on camera. They have immunities that protect them.

How about the fact that a black male in America is much more likely to be killed by another black male than by a cop? Is that anything we should consider?

Another deflection and victim blaming.

Another deflection and victim blaming.

It's neither and your avoidance of it is far more dangerous. I didn't say George Floyd wasn't murdered by a filthy cop i am merely pointing out that black males are more likely to be killed by another black male than by a cop. That is a fact. It doesn't fit the narrative so it's ignored and to the detriment of the black community.

It's neither and your avoidance of it is far more dangerous. I didn't say George Floyd wasn't murdered by a filthy cop i am merely pointing out that black males are more likely to be killed by another black male than by a cop. That is a fact. It doesn't fit the narrative so it's ignored and to the detriment of the black community.

Different topic, different causes and different solutions. Irrelevant to the issue of police brutality but handy for changing the subject and muddying the water.

No apparently they don't. Only the ones that perpetuate Obama's race war matter.

Getting closer to what you're trying not to say...

Does one excuse the other?

Black men who murder other black mEn should go to jail

Cops who murder should go to jail, that they generally don’t is the issue

The police have been able to get away with things even when caught on camera. They have immunities that protect them.
With immunity comes impunity. They have been able, in many places, to wield virtually unchecked power, so they don't recognize that these protests are bringing scrutiny to their actions. The MN State Patrol needs a come-uppance and the Minneapolis move to dismantle the PD is a good start. Other jurisdictions need to consider similar actions. I'm a union guy through and through, but there are some unions and union leadership that are, literally, enemies of the people. If they aren't replaced, the union needs to be decertified. That is a radical action - a break glass moment - but we're there in many places. The contrast is apparent in many other jurisdictions, like Newark.

Newark Police Chief, Political Leaders Address Community (patch)

Last edited:

As more and more of these videos surface, we begin to see that the real "rioters and looters" are the cops. In addition to what is shown in the op. I've seen some of the most unreal clips recently.

1. Cops unloading bricks

2. Cops encouraging a white woman to paint BLM on a storefront

3. Cops CS gassing people peacefully sitting

4. Cops smashing people over the head

5. Cops shooting into a crowd

The only radical who weaponized a vehicle was a white supremacist. You know. One of the "good people".
Ask him about de-weaponizing the firearms of the radicals protesting the lockdown...

Back
Top Bottom