• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Videos Show Cops Slashing Car Tires at Protests in Minneapolis

Tell us mr. brilliant if you would, how did the cops know if the tires they slashed were democratic tires or republican tires? Only white supremacists so far have used vehicles as weapons.

The hatred from the right for democrats is so palpable they make up scenarios to tell each other.

Yeah dude, I'm sure that was the reason the cops slashed all those tires. It couldn't possibly be the cops are angry and out of control. Keep the blinders on they seem to be protecting you nicely from reality.

Radicals have to pay for new tires boo hoo.

Walker got voted out in 2018, but yes, it’s too late at the state level for Wisconsin for another decade in their state legislature. REDMAP 2010 continues to live in election infamy for the worthless mini-tents on the left. Blacks in Milwaukee actually brag about not voting in 2016.

I’ll believe a Biden victory when I see it, not until. Bunker Bitch, Blow-boy Barr, SStephen Miller, Cocaine Mitch — I fully expect Demwits to overreach and piss away another election, as I’ve seen since 1968.

Walker got voted out also because of his love affair with Trump(2018 wasn't a good year for the GOP), AND his billion $ boondoggle mess with FoxConn.

IDK who will win this November. Incumbents usually win, BUT the recent off-year election where Dems usually don't bother to vote, but this time showed up to vote, is troublesome for the GOP.

Walker got voted out also because of his love affair with Trump(2018 wasn't a good year for the GOP), AND his billion $ boondoggle mess with FoxConn.

IDK who will win this November. Incumbents usually win, BUT the recent off-year election where Dems usually don't bother to vote, but this time showed up to vote, is troublesome for the GOP.
Wisconsin isn't worth the resources. Democrats blew it picking Milwaukee for their convention.

My top five states in importance are NC, MN, AZ, MI, and PA.
State Legislatures in all 5 of those are battlegrounds.
All but PA has a Senate Race, with NC having a Governor's race.

All 5 have multiple CDs in play, especially MN.
All 43 Mod Dems who flipped CDs in 2018 are sure to get tarred and feathered with 'dismantling'. jfc

I know I'm on your scroll past list but the OP does show tyres being slashed - If you actually click the video and go to 1 hour 10 and watch from there, the first is the red parked car and the forces move onto the silver car. They work around all 4 tyres on each car.

Y'know - as "Mr Person" says - some of you guys are just here to play to your own choir. The shame of it is when you are all wrong but clicking the "like / thumbs up" button just because it trolls everyone else.

(Sigh)

I did watch both videos. As I stated in my response only the top video showed the officer's slashing tires, and it was of TWO cars close to their police line, one out in the middle of the street.

However if you watch the rest of that video, those are the only two you see. If you then go to the Wal-Mart parking lot where all of the cars tires are slashed? All you see is slashed tires and someone declaring they heard it was police officer's doing it.

Why would they do this? Maybe this example:

Meanwhile, do not assume you are on my "scroll past" list (like it's some mark of honor :roll: ). I read response posts, and have several reasons why I don't respond to some and do respond to others. My tagline contains the principle reason, my blogs the rest.

You really should learn that free expression also allows one to NOT respond when one feels no need to. :shrug:

Last edited:
Point of information:

A review of the videos provided as evidence only show the discovery of cars with tires slashed.

The allegation that the police did it is a presumption based on hearsay.

I believe there is some video evidence I've seen elsewhere of police slashing tires of cars approaching police lines, while other officers are removing recalcitrant vehicle occupants.

However, it does not follow (absent clear and convincing evidence) that it was the police who slashed the vehicle tires in that story. It could as easily (if not more likely) have been vandals, rioters, or anarchist groups pushing to blame the police.

When all the facts are in, then we can discuss this properly. Meanwhile, this remains an allegation based on hearsay, and not necessarily fact.
(Sigh)

I did watch both videos. As I stated in my response only the top video showed the officer's slashing tires, and it was of TWO cars close to their police line, one out in the middle of the street.

However if you watch the rest of that video, those are the only two you see. If you then go to the Wal-Mart parking lot where all of the cars tires are slashed? All you see is slashed tires and someone declaring they heard it was police officer's doing it.

Why would they do this? Maybe this example:

Meanwhile, do not assume you are on my "scroll past" list (like it's some mark of honor :roll: ). I read response posts, and have several reasons why I don't respond to some and do respond to others. My tagline contains the principle reason, my blogs the rest.

You really should learn that free expression also allows one to NOT respond when one feels no need to. :shrug:

Sorry but what you claim about your first post is not supported by what you actually wrote.

Sorry but what you claim about your first post is not supported by what you actually wrote.

Hmmm...

I have to admit I made a mistake regarding my understanding of the OP's position.

I read the article itself and was looking at the two videos posted below the one with the police slashing tires of two cars in the street. The way the article was written it seemed like they were using the example I was already aware of as proof that the car tires slashed in the other videos must also have been done by the police.

I did not deny the police were slashing tires, as can be seen in my first and subsequent responses. My point was that there was no evidence that groups of parked cars in parking lots were also slashed by the police as asserted in the body of the article.

I apologize for that error, but I still assert that just because the first video shows police slashed tires, it does not automatically follow that the other slashings were also done by the police. If they were, and witnesses assert it to be true, then where is the video evidence showing this being done which should have been readily available from the alleged witnesses cellphones?

Last edited:
The headline is Fake News. OP has no videos showing cops slashing tires.

But it doesn't stop the usual crowd from setting their hair on fire.

Hmmm...

I have to admit I made a mistake regarding my understanding of the OP's position.

I read the article itself and was looking at the two videos posted below the one with the police slashing tires of two cars in the street. The way the article was written it seemed like they were using the example I was already aware of as proof that the car tires slashed in the other videos must also have been done by the police.

I did not deny the police were slashing tires, as can be seen in my first and subsequent responses. My point was that there was no evidence that groups of parked cars in parking lots were also slashed by the police as asserted in the body of the article.

I apologize for that error, but I still assert that just because the first video shows police slashed tires, it does not automatically follow that the other slashings were also done by the police. If they were, and witnesses assert it to be true, then where is the video evidence showing this being done which should have been readily available from the alleged witnesses cellphones?

I suppose, but that asumes it probsbly wasn't them, despite evidence to the contrary.

I suppose, but that asumes it probsbly wasn't them, despite evidence to the contrary.

Well, you've been a member long enough to know that I always argue for the presumption of innocence in a criminal matter. That guilt must be proven, not presumed.

Other's tend to presume guilt, frequently via guilt by association.

I could offer the counter-argument that vandals have been doing quite of bit of random damage, simply for the fun of it.

I could also argue that there are elements in the rioting/protesting who are seeking to stir up and maintain riot/protest activity. Doing this to blame the police is well within such possibilities.

These are just three possibilities, including your presumption, out of any number one might think up. :shrug:

Last edited:
All you see is slashed tires and someone declaring they heard it was police officer's doing it.

Stop lying.

cops-puncturing-1.gif

Stop lying.

cops-puncturing-1.gif

He’s just going to say that they’re not actually slashing the tires; they’re just holding their knives very, very close to the tires.

Point of information:

A review of the videos provided as evidence only show the discovery of cars with tires slashed.

I believe there is some video evidence I've seen elsewhere of police slashing tires of cars approaching police lines, while other officers are removing recalcitrant vehicle occupants.

However, it does not follow (absent clear and convincing evidence) that it was the police who slashed the vehicle tires in that story. It could as easily (if not more likely) have been vandals, rioters, or anarchist groups pushing to blame the police.

When all the facts are in, then we can discuss this properly. Meanwhile, this remains an allegation based on hearsay, and not necessarily fact.

This is a video of cops slashing the tires.

https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/1270059322806923264

Please try to not be so ignorant as to why police do this. The video below should help sort you.

Parked car with no one in it and not being remotely controlled vs a car being driven.

Now let’s put that into gun terms. A disassembled gun with no one around vs a loaded gun being controlled by someone.

Which should be a concern and which is not. People should not be so ignorant as to excuse everything

Point of information:

Minneapolis Star-Tribune is now hearsay, in Cappy's world. Got it. :lamo

Point of information:

If Adverse refuses to watch a video or look at a photo, that means neither is evidence.

Parked car with no one in it and not being remotely controlled vs a car being driven.

Now let’s put that into gun terms. A disassembled gun with no one around vs a loaded gun being controlled by someone.

Which should be a concern and which is not. People should not be so ignorant as to excuse everything

Jesus...they could easily get in the car as soon as the cops arent there. The car was diaabled. Please be smarter.

Jesus...they could easily get in the car as soon as the cops arent there. The car was diaabled. Please be smarter.

There was no one around, and cars with flat tires are not disabled they can still be driven. Please be smarter

You support the destruction of private property just admit it

Rioters have demonstrated (pun intended) that they will go to extremes with violence against law enforcement. Police officers across the nation have been injured / killed through a number of ways, including firearms, rocks, bricks, bottles and vehicles. We don't know the "why" behind the slashing of tires, and I would presume it's to minimize the risk of rioters using these vehicles as weapons against law enforcement (which they have done many times since rioting began).

Made it harder for radicals to weaponize their vehicles. Given the protests, it was probably easier than towing them out of the area to neutralize the potential threat of their use.

Shocking you'd defend vandalism by cops! Or not.... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom