• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video: The ultimate in acrobatic agility and grace: The gibbon!

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I've been learning more about primates in recent months. I've tried to find uncommon monkey species, and as I always do when it comes to animals(and even insects){and plants, I try to discern reasoning ability and figure out how they communicate amongst each other, and what messages they are trying to convey.

Of course it's inevitable that you will tend to prefer certain species over others, and as of now I'd have to pick one each from the old world and the new world, as my current(but not set in stone) favorites. So far the 2 I like most are gibbons, and surprisingly, howler monkeys are my 2nd choice. Both are obviously intelligent, and aside from the crazy-scary-loud vocalizations of howler monkeys, it seems that their positive attributes outweigh their negative ones.

But their pure athleticism is also amazing. Here is an endangered White Cheeked Gibbon swinging and leaping through a very tall and very large maze of obstacles with amazing ease, precision and with perfect form. Watch the slick way he finishes off several parts of his 'routine', with a quick, back and forth head twist(his version of a mic-drop! Just after 1:28). What's your favorite primate(s)??

Last edited:
Thank you for the great video. Imagine how strong those slender arms must be! Gibbons are right up there in the top echelon of my favorite animal list too.

Gibbons are also famous for their beautiful vocalizations. Google "Gibbon song".

Physically speaking, we humans are a pretty pathetic species. Slow, weak and hairless. That opposing thumb is certainly a nice benefit, though.

Thank you for the great video. Imagine how strong those slender arms must be! Gibbons are right up there in the top echelon of my favorite animal list too.

Gibbons are also famous for their beautiful vocalizations. Google "Gibbon song".

⬇VIDEO 1: You know how in radio, many/most DJ's and radio personalities often sound NOTHING like they look? Well, in the "Gibbons song" video, it's obvious that the vocalizations of Gibbons actually fits their appearance to a T..

⬇Video 2:The vocalizations of a different species of gibbon, who are basically the old-world equivalent to howler monkeys, the Siamangs:

Video1:

Video 2(Siamangs): Fast forward to :29.

Back
Top Bottom