• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

VIDEO: Students Sign Petition to Legalize Abortion After Childbirth

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Several students at George Mason University (GMU) signed a petition on Wednesday demanding lawmakers legalize “fourth trimester” abortions.

The petition, which was circulated on GMU’s flagship campus in Fairfax, VA., just outside Washington D.C., by Media Research Center reporter Dan Joseph said it was aimed at sending “a message to our lawmakers that women have the right to choose what to do with their bodies and babies” even “after their pregnancies.”

I rarely watch online videos, but I had to watch this one. Just from the OP, I couldn't otherwise tell if this guy was collecting signatures for “fourth trimester abortions” from people who clearly understood that this would mean killing the child after it had been born, or whether he was playing a game with them to show how easily people can be induced to support a cause without really understanding it. Either way is deeply disturbing, but unfortunately, not at all surprising.

Turns out, it's the latter. He was evasive about what it was he was really supporting, and few of those he spoke with seemed to get it. He even got one guy to sign, by saying something like, “Please sign my petition. I'm not going to tell you what it's about, and don't bother reading it; please, just sign it.”

So, really, this isn't about abortion at all; it's about how easy it is to get people to sign petitions without them understanding or even caring what it is they are signing.

Well, according to the radical pro-choice side, if it's still attached to the woman, it's not human. So, the 4th trimester starts on delivery day. As long as they don't cut the cord they can just have a mulligan if it's not the baby they want. Wrong gender? Color? Ugly face? Just kill it and make another.

The only thing this demonstrates is that the term "trimester" is abstract to many and suggestion that "legalize" with "abortion" is pro-choice, and students do not know much else. This video is mostly useless.

I guarantee you I can create a fake petition about an issue I know a lot about, fill it with suggestion to an ignorant audience and get similar results. It will be even better than that. It would end up looking like Borat or something with folks cheering for things knowiingly ​that they are illegal.

The only thing this demonstrates is that the term "trimester" is abstract to many and suggestion that "legalize" with "abortion" is pro-choice, and students do not know much else. This video is mostly useless.

I guarantee you I can create a fake petition about an issue I know a lot about, fill it with suggestion to an ignorant audience and get similar results. It will be even better than that. It would end up looking like Borat or something with folks cheering for things knowiingly ​that they are illegal.

I'll bet you could too. Still, it's sad to think that university students can be unfamiliar with "tri" or so credulous.

Yeah that's rather stupid of people. Honestly, I am pro-choice to the point where the child develops some brain functions or you know, starts looking human (has body parts). So until the 4th month. After the 4th month, it should be illegal. Now I'm not 100% on the baby development stages but I think this is the case.

The video exemplifies how some pro-choice people can go all radical... or just be ignorant.

I'm not sure that kids who are so clueless should be counted as either "for" or "against" anything, sigh.

I think it's no stretch for some of these people to actually support infanticide. There's some sick puppies in the pro-abort camp. "Adoption is evil" after all, and why shouldn't there be a 3 month baby trial period?

It's even logically consistent with their belief in restricting personhood; a 3 month old human is somewhat sentient but not sapient, there are smarter animals we own, put in zoos, kill for food. Never mind that said animals never become sapient, but birth? Birth is arbitrary; nothing special about birth.

Several students at George Mason University (GMU) signed a petition on Wednesday demanding lawmakers legalize “fourth trimester” abortions.

The petition, which was circulated on GMU’s flagship campus in Fairfax, VA., just outside Washington D.C., by Media Research Center reporter Dan Joseph said it was aimed at sending “a message to our lawmakers that women have the right to choose what to do with their bodies and babies” even “after their pregnancies.”

Hmm - most people didn't catch on, a few people did.

Interestingly - the few who did - were all men. One, I'm not so sure, since he was just doing his religious thing.

I think that's more telling, and more ... ah ... disturbing. Men know more about pregnancy than even a woman who claims she just HAD a kid? But, then again, when I had my first kid I didn't pay attention to anything and really didn't care back then (hence how I so carelessly ended up pregnant in the first place).

Hence why we still fuss over the issues of teen pregnancy rates, etc - most females are wholly ignorant about what their bodies are capable of achieving with so little effort.

Reminds me of the skit on the man show when they took to the beach in California to get women to sign a petition to end womens suffrage

That people would sign such a petition points to how serious the over-population problem has become.

Over-population facilitates hierarchical dog-eat-dog socioeconomic systems.

To succeed in such systems, one must be free from encumbrances that place a handicapping burden on one's free ability to compete.

A child, let alone a child with health problems, is such a handicapping burden.

Women fear being relegated to lower socioeconomic status than they're compelled to want.

The OP petition reference is simply a manifestation of that concern.

So the problem isn't one of abortion, but one of socioeconomics and geopolitics.

We need to solve our over-population problem which has many manifestations, and that will automatically reduce the compulsion for dog-eat-dog neurotic coping mechanisms.

I'll bet you could too. Still, it's sad to think that university students can be unfamiliar with "tri" or so credulous.

Given how people are pushed through school in today's 'don't fail them' mentality, I'm not really suprised.

That people would sign such a petition points to how serious the over-population problem has become.

Over-population facilitates hierarchical dog-eat-dog socioeconomic systems.

To succeed in such systems, one must be free from encumbrances that place a handicapping burden on one's free ability to compete.

A child, let alone a child with health problems, is such a handicapping burden.

Women fear being relegated to lower socioeconomic status than they're compelled to want.

The OP petition reference is simply a manifestation of that concern.

So the problem isn't one of abortion, but one of socioeconomics and geopolitics.

We need to solve our over-population problem which has many manifestations, and that will automatically reduce the compulsion for dog-eat-dog neurotic coping mechanisms.

It's called tricking people to answer in the affirmative with something they ordinarily not support. It's not that hard to do, nor does it require much analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure that kids who are so clueless should be counted as either "for" or "against" anything, sigh.

and we allow these clueless kids to vote

As is the most common tactic, the OP posts a lie thread and then rages at the lie the OP posted. The "pollster" did not ask anyone if the will sign a petition allowing abortion after childbirth. There is no such thing as "abortion after childbirth."

John Stossell does this "poll tactic" all the time. Its pointless.

I really don't understand why so many prolifers believe lying is persuasive. Rather, it proves they have to lie to believe they made a point.

Last edited:
I think it's no stretch for some of these people to actually support infanticide. There's some sick puppies in the pro-abort camp. "Adoption is evil" after all, and why shouldn't there be a 3 month baby trial period?

It's even logically consistent with their belief in restricting personhood; a 3 month old human is somewhat sentient but not sapient, there are smarter animals we own, put in zoos, kill for food. Never mind that said animals never become sapient, but birth? Birth is arbitrary; nothing special about birth.

I think its no stretch for people in the prolife camp to support infanticide. In fact, many have indicated they are fine with it, provided it is after birth or when the child may become a liability to a man.

Most people will sign any petition - since generally petitions have not value anyway.

I think its no stretch for people in the prolife camp to support infanticide. In fact, many have indicated they are fine with it, provided it is after birth or when the child may become a liability to a man.

Another joko post, another stupid lie. :roll:

Another nonsensical JayDubya post of a lying message predictably supporting a lying OP.

Reminds me of the skit on the man show when they took to the beach in California to get women to sign a petition to end womens suffrage

Reminds me of "Jay-Walking" too (isn't that the name of those Leno segments?).

Back
Top Bottom