• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video Shows Unarmed Black Man Pleading With Arms Raised

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
... but the cops shot him anyway:

Video Shows Unarmed Black Man Pleading With Arms Raised Before Getting Shot by Police

Video shows moments before North Miami Police shot unarmed man – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale

uzvfwj8vgdrborv3y8y0.PNG

This person who was shot was a caregiver to an autistic boy. Police had been summoned to the scene over a call about a person with a gun threatening suicide. They thought the boy was holding a threatening object, which was later found to be a toy truck.

“I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I’m thinking I just got shot!” Kinsey told WSVN. “And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me were, ‘I don’t know.’”

Oh well, at least nobody's dead. This is why better non-lethal weapons need to be developed, to allow police better options than just lethal force.

Last edited:
ho
leee

crap

That's insane.

I'm glad he wasn't killed. The officer that shot him, if everything in the story is accurate, is in a world of hurt, and should be. Accidents occur, but this could be negligence, again, if the information in the story is accurate - "I don't know" was his answer when asked why he shot him? Wow.

EDIT: Just watched the TV interview with the guy that got shot, and I have to say... I believe him. He's a professional therapist, and his story is more than just believable. The cop that shot him will be screwed by a jury, or even just a judge. Like I said above, accidents happen, but from the video, there was no rush or situations that seemed to be present that could cause an officer to make an understandable mistake.

However, as with most of these, we don't see all of what happened. But... WOW.

Last edited:
I'm glad he wasn't killed. The officer that shot him, if everything in the story is accurate, is in a world of hurt, and should be. Accidents occur, but this could be negligence, again, if the information in the story is accurate - "I don't know" was his answer when asked why he shot him? Wow.

Now the force is circling the wagons and not talking to the press about it. You'd think the chief would at least make a comment about how they are looking into it or something.

Now the force is circling the wagons and not talking to the press about it. You'd think the chief would at least make a comment about how they are looking into it or something.

My prediction is that this is not going to end well for the city or their PD if they don't get in front of this quickly. Like most of these incidents, we can't see the whole interaction by the short video shown by the local news, but what they do show made me say ... Dayum. Unlike the other recent incidents, there was no resisting, no reaching, no gun, no nothing... again, Dayum. Thank God he's okay.

I honestly think this is just one colossal ****-up on the part of the one cop. I feel that's how this will turn out. The local government needs to get out in front of this quickly - not throw their guy under the bus, but just keep the people informed regarding the investigation.

My prediction is that this is not going to end well for the city or their PD if they don't get in front of this quickly. Like most of these incidents, we can't see the whole interaction by the short video shown by the local news, but what they do show made me say ... Dayum. Unlike the other recent incidents, there was no resisting, no reaching, no gun, no nothing... again, Dayum. Thank God he's okay.

I honestly think this is just one colossal ****-up on the part of the one cop. I feel that's how this will turn out. The local government needs to get out in front of this quickly - not throw their guy under the bus, but just keep the people informed regarding the investigation.

Yeah I think it'll boil down to the dumbass had his finger on the trigger rather than down the side of the trigger housing and got too antsy by accident.

Yeah I think it'll boil down to the dumbass had his finger on the trigger rather than down the side of the trigger housing and got too antsy by accident.

Exactly. And if that's how it turns out, he should find a new career, right after going to the man he shot, falling to his knees, and begging for forgiveness - oh, and washing the guys car for the next ten years, once a week, and waxing it every six months... oh, and baking him a birthday cake, a nice three layer cake, every year from now on.

Video Shows Unarmed Black Man Pleading With Arms Raised Before Getting Shot by Police

Video shows moments before North Miami Police shot unarmed man – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale

uzvfwj8vgdrborv3y8y0.PNG

This person who was shot was a caregiver to an autistic boy. Police had been summoned to the scene over a call about a person with a gun threatening suicide. They thought the boy was holding a threatening object, which was later found to be a toy truck.

Oh well, at least nobody's dead. This is why better non-lethal weapons need to be developed, to allow police better options than just lethal force.

Cop will probably be prosecuted.

Well, this is one time we can honestly say "he really did have his hands up but got shot anyway".

If the Grand Jury doesn't indite in this incident, the Black community in Miami will erupt for sure. This was more than an unfortunate situation. It was an unnecessary situation! All the police had to do was contact the agency he works for and confirm his story then approach safely and render assistance, as necessary. But shoot him? While he's on the ground with his hands up and no weapon in site at all? If anyone should've taken a bullet out of pure uncertainty, it was the autistic patient because he had something in his hands. (I know...a toy truck, but the cops didn't know that until they were told by the therapist.) Why target the person laying on the ground who clearly was defenseless?

(I dare not say, but I think you smart folks can guess the obvious answer for yourselves. ;) )

I want to believe it was as simple as that...just an accident. Maybe it was. I hope it was for the cop's sake and the sake of N. Miami, FL.

Last edited:
Exactly. And if that's how it turns out, he should find a new career, right after going to the man he shot, falling to his knees, and begging for forgiveness - oh, and washing the guys car for the next ten years, once a week, and waxing it every six months... oh, and baking him a birthday cake, a nice three layer cake, every year from now on.

It'd would be a heart-warming story if that cop did come to him in the hospital and gave him the explanation that he's asking for and they became friends.

What? :shock:

"I'm Yulaw, I'm nobody's b...:censored...h" :mrgreen:

Its not like they just got on scene. whoever fired the shot needs a new career.. one that no authority over people and no guns.
Unless there is something missing we aren't being told I don't see how this one is defensible.

I am extremely glad that no one was killed.

I think honest mistakes are generally forgivable. This might be one of the few exceptions.

The report said that the state attorney is investigation and if I was the chief I'd keep my mouth shut too. This looks like it's going to ugly for the department.

I sure as heck didn't see any reason for the response to continue as a felony stop. The one guy was compliant and the other was obviously mentally challenged. I also don't understand why the cops didn't render first aid.

Anyway, since this victim is still alive and unless there's one hell of a good excuse from the PD that guy can start planning his retirement because in this climate that bullet wound is worth at least $5M.

uzvfwj8vgdrborv3y8y0.PNG

Incidents like this are the reason why cops are being targeted now. I think there needs to be a systemic retraining on the use of force by all police departments across the country.

Its not like they just got on scene. whoever fired the shot needs a new career.. one that no authority over people and no guns.
Unless there is something missing we aren't being told I don't see how this one is defensible.

If it went down as it appears the guy that shot should be relegated to a job that doesn't even involve a stapler.

If it went down as it appears the guy that shot should be relegated to a job that doesn't even involve a stapler.

Nah, staplers are CIA crap:

Mind officially blown.

I watched it twice... couldn't believe my eyes. Horrible, just horrible. Thank god he's still alive.

Accident or not, this officer should never be in a position where he carries a weapon on the job...any job... again.

I'd charge him with a felony, perhaps if no intent something just short of attempted murder.

That's my guess as well.

Definitely needs to be off the force, and charges brought for such negligence.

Incidents like this are the reason why cops are being targeted now.

I would say the reason is because of incidents that are not "like" this one, in terms of the clear and unequivocal wrong doing on the part of the cops and absolute innocence of any questionable action on the part of the victim, have been treated, messaged, and reacted to as if they were identical to this.

It's either a bonehead move, or an accidental discharge, but either way this cop requires too much adult supervision.

Even in the face of obvious misconduct, the police go out of their way to protect these criminals.

How can anyone take their word on anything if this is how they behave?

All police shootings need to be handled by an impartial 3rd party.
All police should be required to have operating cams on their person at all times.
All police who participate in a cover-up should automatically be fired and deemed an accomplice to the crime.

Back
Top Bottom