• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video Shows Indiana Teacher Slam Student's Head Against A Wall Before He Collapses To The Ground

An Indiana teacher is receiving some well-deserved criticism after CCTV footage was shared that appears to show him abusing a student.
Teachers are, arguably, the most important people in any society. Doctors, scientists, and engineers are all also up there, but teachers are, at the very least, in the conversation.
School is where kids are formed into adults, where they learn and get skills that will be essential to them for the rest of their lives. Children are the future, which means that teachers are responsible for shepherding the future.
So, when the horrifying video was released, parents were understably concerned about what this means for our kids.

A short blurb taken from the entire article: "Hosinski is not currently allowed on or near school grounds while the investigation takes place and has asked to be allowed to retire immediately."

My questions; based upon the video evidence, why was he not arrested and jailed immediately?
If he was, did he post bond?
Why should he be allowed to retire while pending an investigation?

I don't think he should lose his pension. He earned it as part of his compensation over his career.

However, he should be jailed after his criminal trial, and the subsequent civil trial should award the proceeds of that pension to the child he assaulted.

An Indiana teacher is receiving some well-deserved criticism after CCTV footage was shared that appears to show him abusing a student.
Teachers are, arguably, the most important people in any society. Doctors, scientists, and engineers are all also up there, but teachers are, at the very least, in the conversation.
School is where kids are formed into adults, where they learn and get skills that will be essential to them for the rest of their lives. Children are the future, which means that teachers are responsible for shepherding the future.
So, when the horrifying video was released, parents were understably concerned about what this means for our kids.

A short blurb taken from the entire article: "Hosinski is not currently allowed on or near school grounds while the investigation takes place and has asked to be allowed to retire immediately."

My questions; based upon the video evidence, why was he not arrested and jailed immediately?
Somehow I think some of the story is missing. Two still shots in this posting hardly tells the whole story of what was happening.

Somehow I think some of the story is missing. Two still shots in this posting hardly tells the whole story of what was happening.

Is a teacher allowed to chase down a student and smack him, smashing his head into a wall?

We saw it clearly and the kid was not challenging the teacher in any way...the teacher chased him to hit him. It doesnt matter what the kid did before that.

This sort of thing was commonplace when I was a kid at school in the 1960s. Teachers could get away with more or less anything we find unacceptable today-as well as corporal punishment with a cane, frequently administered for the most minor infraction. My school's head teacher, Charles Kuper, who beat me on a couple of occasions, featured here...

Last edited:
This sort of thing was commonplace when I was a kid at school in the 1960s. Teachers could get away with more or less anything we find unacceptable today-as well as corporal punishment with a cane, frequently administered for the most minor infraction. My school's head teacher, Charles Kuper, who beat me on a couple of occasions, featured here...
Yup. I could tell some stories. But we don't accept smacking kids around anymore.

Teachers have to be aware of their buttons, and this guy has BIG ones. I'm sure the kid was a defiant little shit about it, and losing control of your classroom is a teacher's biggest fear. It's not about the hoodie. This teacher totally lost it; when the kid walked out of class, it should have been over. Call the office and tell them the kid is out of class without permission. Let them handle it.

That teacher is a coward, IMHO.

Bet you dollars to donuts that he would not have been such a tough guy if the student had been of a certain other ethnicity -- IMHO.

When I looked at this thread, 12 hours old with video evidence and only 2 pages long, I knew the kid was white.

When I looked at this thread, 12 hours old with video evidence and only 2 pages long, I knew the kid was white.
This is why I asked if the kid was black and a poster, as expected, asked what difference it makes. The fact that this is NOT front-page news with 24/7 coverage and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and Don Lemon, and Joy Reid demanding his immediate firing and trial told me the kid was white. Had he been black the story would be that he was beaten up like that BECAUSE he is black and for no other reason. These race hustlers in the media and government are the ones creating huge divisions and animosity in the world today. All they ever care about is the color of someone's skin. The boy is white. When I see and hear the usual race baiters hammering to fire and arrest someone for beating white people, I w=ill be sure I am dreaming because society today is sick...........with race and the color of people's skin.

What exactly could be missing that would justify a teacher hitting a child?

This is why I asked if the kid was black and a poster, as expected, asked what difference it makes. The fact that this is NOT front-page news with 24/7 coverage and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and Don Lemon, and Joy Reid demanding his immediate firing and trial told me the kid was white. Had he been black the story would be that he was beaten up like that BECAUSE he is black and for no other reason. These race hustlers in the media and government are the ones creating huge divisions and animosity in the world today. All they ever care about is the color of someone's skin. The boy is white. When I see and hear the usual race baiters hammering to fire and arrest someone for beating white people, I w=ill be sure I am dreaming because society today is sick...........with race and the color of people's skin.

What criteria would it need to meet for you to consider it "front-page news"?

That it is important to society in general and so egregious as to shock the conscience. THIS story is all that. Yet the usual white haters at the MSM won't give it 5 seconds. Why? Because the kid is white. If Rittenhouse was black, the story would have been buried. THAT is how much society now coddles and protects black people.

Of course he gets to simply retire and keep his pension.

Of course he gets to simply retire and keep his pension.
I think people, including this teacher, who the video shows is guilty of using his power and physical prowess to almost kill a student he disagreed with, should lose their pension if convicted. They can do what the rest of America does and go on SS at $1,500.00 a month as punishment.

That it is important to society in general and so egregious as to shock the conscience. THIS story is all that. Yet the usual white haters at the MSM won't give it 5 seconds. Why? Because the kid is white. If Rittenhouse was black, the story would have been buried. THAT is how much society now coddles and protects black people.

How did you learn about the story?

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.14.32 AM.png

Separate but equal

This thread is certainly bringing out some cringey but predictable behavior.

What ****en difference does it make? Wow
It should not make a difference but it does in how the story is reported and in the publics reaction.

The teacher's behavior is absolutely reprehensible. My opinion - he absolutely should be charged with a crime and prosecuted. I'm OK with the prosecution taking a few days to investigate, and put together a solid indictment. It's more important to get it right than to rush it through.

Absolutely NOT defending teacher. But... it's a big deal to take retirement away from a union employee. Keep in mind also that depending on the area, he may have also contributed to his retirement. His retirement was already approved (for June). Trying to fire him and/or removed an earned union retirement would undoubtedly lead to litigation. It may not even be possible, as the pension is normally administered by a separate agency. It would certainly tie the school district up for probably years. It would definitely lead to a lot of legal fees.

I can absolutely understand the school board's decision to accept the early retirement. The teacher is gone, and they avoid a complex termination process and litigation costs. It closes the matter for the school, and shifts the focus to the DA.

The teacher's behavior is absolutely reprehensible. My opinion - he absolutely should be charged with a crime and prosecuted. I'm OK with the prosecution taking a few days to investigate, and put together a solid indictment. It's more important to get it right than to rush it through.

Absolutely NOT defending teacher. But... it's a big deal to take retirement away from a union employee. Keep in mind also that depending on the area, he may have also contributed to his retirement. His retirement was already approved (for June). Trying to fire him and/or removed an earned union retirement would undoubtedly lead to litigation. It may not even be possible, as the pension is normally administered by a separate agency. It would certainly tie the school district up for probably years. It would definitely lead to a lot of legal fees.

I can absolutely understand the school board's decision to accept the early retirement. The teacher is gone, and they avoid a complex termination process and litigation costs. It closes the matter for the school, and shifts the focus to the DA.
my now deceased relative was the former president of the NEA in indiana
as a former union official, i would have enjoyed having a discussion with him about this case
my speculation is the crazy teacher was advised to accelerate his retirement. it probably saved the union a major headache by not having to represnt him in this losing case

What exactly could be missing that would justify a teacher hitting a child?
Child is not the right word for a teenager.

The kid is not even up to his shoulder, this man is unsuitable as a teacher. He should be arrested, bailed out with a condition that he does not come close to the school or the youth for at least 1 year.

Back
Top Bottom