• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

She was resisting arrest.....thats what the conservatives are going to say.

But to be fair the police officer did what was right. They were getting aggressive and putting their hands on him which is assault. So he can defend himself if the situation calls for it. And the situation did. So I don't see any police bruitality here.

But to be fair the police officer did what was right. They were getting aggressive and putting their hands on him which is assault. So he can defend himself if the situation calls for it. And the situation did. So I don't see any police bruitality here.

I was raised to never hit a woman, and she wasn't threatening his life. He could have just pushed her down?

I was raised to never hit a woman, and she wasn't threatening his life. He could have just pushed her down?

I have pushed a women before and it got me chewed by her because I apparently "hit" her. I didn't. Women want equal rights they need not to push a man to the point where he will hit them in return. Though I agree that a man should never hit a women sometimes the women deserves it. And in this case the women deserved it. Both should have been hit but you could see that the police officer was hesitant to hit after he threw the first punch. Also judging from the timing of the video he might have been pushed and chewed by both females before the filming began. So his patience was already at the boiling limit. Also did you hear what the girl was saying? She has a big mouth.

Have a seat Girlfriend,... watch your head.

If it had been a man who jumped in there, struggled with the officer, shoved the officer, and pulled away the "suspect" he was attempting to put into custody, would you guys be calling it "police brutality" if he punched him? Probably not. Such hypocrisy is pretty rampant in this country.

She assaulted an officer, he had every right to subdue her.

What I'm more amazed by his how difficult a time he had with actually subduing her. I'm guessing he was trying to be more "gentle" when he saw all the camera, but IMO, he was FAR too easy on her, hence why she kept slipping his grasp.

seems to me he was trying to be as less violent as possible, then he got fed up :shrug: as rivrrat said, if it was a bloke, no-one'd really care

seems to me he was trying to be as less violent as possible, then he got fed up :shrug: as rivrrat said, if it was a bloke, no-one'd really care

I watched the vid. In the bit I saw, only one person threw a punch or behaved violently. That was the policeman. Sorry, but that's what I saw.

I watched the vid. In the bit I saw, only one person threw a punch or behaved violently. That was the policeman. Sorry, but that's what I saw.

the women were grappling and pushing the cop, which can be construed as assault, plus the language was rather unbecoming of ladies :mrgreen:

while i personally find it reprehensible to hit women, i can't force my morals onto anyone else.

And then you'd be posting a video and saying "OMFG!!! A Seattle cop pushed a girl down!!! WTF Seattle!"

You must have watched the wrong video.

You are a communist so anything the government does so long as it isn't communist is violent. But needless to remind you that communists government killed 100 million people in a matter of 25 years so really who are the violent ones?

Unfortuanately, there are many people who automatically label any "offensive" action by police officers as bruitality when you. need to look at it as an individual basis. This time there was no bruitality

You are a communist so anything the government does so long as it isn't communist is violent. But needless to remind you that communists government killed 100 million people in a matter of 25 years so really who are the violent ones?

:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

you're an american, so you personally want to use nukes and chemical weapons on asian countries

:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

you're an american, so you personally want to use nukes and chemical weapons on asian countries

You are an australian so anything you want to do involves making love to kangaroos.

You are never supposed to hit a "lady." This bitch wasn't a lady. Watch the video. I would have clocked her too.

Last edited:
The thread title is an out and out lie.

The cop attempted to ticket or arrest Woman 1 for jaywalking.
Woman 1 started fighting with the cop.
While the cop was wrestling with Woman 1, Woman 2, who was in no way involved in the incident, started hitting the cop from behind.
The cop wrestles Woman 1 around and hits Woman 2.

You can argue about whether the cop's use of force was necessary, but there's no need to lie about the basic facts of what happened.

edit: Also, why is it that so many people are citing Russia Today recently. You know that it's a Russian state-owned news agency, right?

i think they should give him a medal

Those cops should be bettter chosen. A person who cant keep their cool shouldnt be a cop.

Those cops should be bettter chosen. A person who cant keep their cool shouldnt be a cop.

yes i'm glad those girls aren't cops as well

I agree. But the people weren't keeping their cool and they were attacking someone. If they attacked someone that person has a RIGHT not only legally but MORALLY to defend themselves. At the end of the day cops are people and they have to subscribe to the law that we all follow. However, given the passivity of the American public most cops can behave whichever way they want to and get away with committing traffic violations that those very same cops would prosecute a civilian car for doing.

While I do think the officer would have been justified in use of appropriate force to subdue the woman, a punch to the face is NOT appropriate force. His life was not in danger, she was not armed, she was not striking his face, and he offered no verbal warnings (which you are required to do prior to the use of any force).

What he should have done is immediately call for another officer.

It was a disproportionate use of force where it was not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom