• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video: Seattle Cop Punches Woman In The Face For Jaywalking

Frankly you kind of deserve to be punched for being stupid enough to go up and shove a police officer. Had he continued to punch her, that would have been overboard, but I see no problem with how he responded.

I think this is correct. People have to realize the officer has a gun on his hip and if this turns into a wrestling match with the two women there is a chance one could get the gun out. The officer has to be in charge of the situation. In this type of confrontation you have to do what the officer asks you to do.

Why do people think they can attack or resist an officer without consequences?

People somehow don't think they are going to have to deal with consequences. In many ways it is like the two yahoos in another thread who attempt a prank on the grusty congressman.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. PERIOD

I only wish I was there to help the cop. He had every right to punch that bitch in the face. She did a HELL of a lot more than resist arrest. He used good restraint because Im pretty sure I would have done... a bit.... more :roll:

In fact I would have paid $20 if that cop shot the mother ****er that kept saying "are you serious".

Last edited:
I only wish I was there to help the cop. He had every right to punch that bitch in the face. She did a HELL of a lot more than resist arrest. He used good restraint because Im pretty sure I would have done... a bit.... more :roll:

In fact I would have paid $20 if that cop shot the mother ****er that kept saying "are you serious".

You would have only went to jail for a hate crime. :rofl

The key is he never issued verbal commands or warning with is SOP in every single police department that I am aware of. The woman was also unarmed and not posing a threat to the life of the officer, that makes a difference.

I saw nothing on the vid or news article for me to think the police officer acted wrong. But maybe in CA, as you state they have to issue a warning, but not every police department has rules like CA. Maybe the LA City Council can draft a bill to boycot Seatle and demand the the Washington State change the police procedures.:)

then he needs to be re-trained on handcuffing because what he seemed to be trying to didnt appear to be doing anything except grabbing her hands and holding them, not cuffing her.

i saw nothing on the vid or news article for me to think the police officer acted wrong. But maybe in ca, as you state they have to issue a warning, but not every police department has rules like ca. Maybe the la city council can draft a bill to boycot seatle and demand the the washington state change the police procedures.:)

lol.
**** l.a.

Those cops should be bettter chosen. A person who cant keep their cool shouldnt be a cop.

Actually, I'd say he did a pretty damn good job of keeping his cool.

Actually, I'd say he did a pretty damn good job of keeping his cool.

You don't understand. Liberals like Mell expect cops to be robots when getting jumped by two crazy ass people who don't want to obey lawful orders or even obey the damned law.

Hoplite, bro, you are one of my favorite posters here to read. I have much respect for you.

But, that being said, after following your posts in this thread, I have to ask. Did you even watch the video? The same video we're watching? It don't add up.

I mean, I know you must have watched it but you speak from a perspective that is so unlike you and your usual sense of reason. You're a smart person and your intrepretation of this video just boggles my brain. And it also trips out about most every one else here too, judging by their opposing responses.

But, I do have to give you props on standing your ground. Even if you are dead wrong. At least you're dependable. If you're wrong on Monday, we can all count on you being wrong on Tuesday too. :lol: j/k

I just love diversity, don't y'all?

Last edited:
When I watch this video this is what I see. The office is holding the arms of the woman in black, trying to restrain/cuff her, and the girl in pink with her left hand grabs her friends arm from the officer and shoves her friend to the left getting between them, and (this is where she ****s up) puts her right hand on the officer's left shoulder and pushes him as well getting between them.

I think "Don't put your hands on on the officer" is the first thing on "How Not To Get Your Ass Beat By the Police" list. Lets verify:

I laughed my ass off. . . she should have left her crazy mad woman friend at home, though.

But he still shouldn't have hit her.

Last edited:
Again, the officer is required to give verbal warnings in this case.

According to who or what?

If the officer felt the application of force was necessary, he had the option of deploying pepper spray which is specifically designed for a situation like this.

I'd much rather get punched in the face than pepper sprayed.

There's a reason an officer's radio is at the shoulder.

If he really wanted to bring the woman in, handcuffs should have been involved sooner.

How do we know he hadn't already called for back up? And what do you think he was trying to do? She got off lucky in my opinion.

These have already already been said but they seem to be needed again

1 the thread title is wrong, nobody was punched in the face for jaywalking
2 if those were men nothing is said and people would have probably wanted more
3 while people are saying "i was raised not to hit a women" there's two counters to that
- those two people aren't acting like women
- i was raised not to attack, push, smack etc a POLICE OFFICER

IMO he DID show restraint and he would have been justified in punching them both. YOU DO NOT FIGHT THE POLICE

now on the OTHER side, yes I feel the officer needs more training because he should have did a simply take down on the girl, ye she probably would have got all scrapped and bruised up because he was on cement but Id say a good rule of them is the faster you handle a situation the better.

The cop did nothing wrong.

Not to get all Fem-nazi on your ass, but what does a woman act like? ;)

LOL
no i get what you mean and I admit I was being "stereo-typical" but only because the "never hit a women" saying is also stereo typical.

It was meant in the sense that you dont abuse women, don't hit them just in anger etc. not in the sense if a women has a knife and is threatening to cut your head off you cant knock that "women" out!

I agree "acting like a women" is very subjective but my point was they weren't acting civil period, they were being physical, aggressive, disorderly and did so to a police officer and got what they deserved IMO

I laughed my ass off. . . she should have left her crazy mad woman friend at home, though.

But he still shouldn't have hit her.

Yes, yes he should have. Assault an officer -> Officer gets physical. Would you have preferred he use the tazer?

Looks like she was punched in the face for assault.

Yes.. yes she was.

Some folks just think the police are the public's punching bags....

Yes.. yes she was.

Some folks just think the police are the public's punching bags....

Yeah, or that there's supposed to be some sort of equality in the amount of force used. Guess what? The police get to win.

Yes, yes he should have. Assault an officer -> Officer gets physical. Would you have preferred he use the tazer?
Possibly a better option, punching women in the face is unbecoming.

Back
Top Bottom