• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video proves NYPD cop’s road-rage killing was unjustified, relatives say

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Claims by an off-duty cop in his car who shot a black motorist during a road rage confrontation appear to have been undermined by newly emerged fresh video in the case.

Officer Wayne Isaacs claimed that motorist Delrawn Small approached him in his car and punched him at least 3 times, forcing the officer to shoot Mr Small multiple times in self defense.

Motorist appears to punch off-duty cop before fatal shooting | New York Post

Surveillance video shows an angry motorist “punching the s–t” out of an off-duty cop through a car window before the officer fatally shot him, the owner of a nearby building said Wednesday.

However, newly-released security video shows Mr Small coming up to the driver's side window but almost immediately recoiling from the effects of gunshots.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-rage-killing-was-unjustified-relatives-say/

The video appears to undermine an earlier police report asserting that the New York City police officer, Wayne Isaacs, was punched in the head through his driver’s-side window by Delrawn Small, leading Isaacs to fire three shots from his service weapon, hitting Small in the head and chest, according to the New York Post.

The graphic video does show Small getting shot as he approaches a 2002 Nissan Altima. The video, though somewhat blurred, does not appear to show Small punching Isaacs.

Watch "GRAPHIC: Off Duty Cop Kills Delrawn Small in Brooklyn Road Rage Incident" Video at The Root TV

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/n...-by-off-duty-officer-in-brooklyn-emerges.html

The camera angle doesn't permit seeing any punches, but the immediateness of Mr Small's recoiling makes it unlikely that he could have thrown multiple punches, or even a single punch for that matter, IMHO.

Last edited:
If it can be ascertained this guy didn't throw any punches, even if the shooting gets ruled justified they'd better hang the cop on perjury or something similar.

Relatives say? iLOL
Relatives are usually biased observers.

Surveillance video shows an angry motorist “punching the s–t” out of an off-duty cop through a car window before the officer fatally shot him, the owner of a nearby building said Wednesday.
However, newly-released security video shows Mr Small coming up to the driver's side window but almost immediately recoiling from the effects of gunshots.
1. No. That is what you think you see because of the angle.
2. Doesn't appear to be the same video spoken about in the first report as nothing this guy says appears in the released video.

From the article.

[...]

Small pummeled Isaacs, 37, through his open driver’s-side window with “big haymaker” punches before the flash of gunfire can be seen in the video, said the landlord.

“The video shows the guy coming out of his f–king car, running up to [the cop’s] car, going in the driver’s-side window and just punching the s–t of this poor cop. Then all of a sudden you see sparks,” he said, adding that the next image is of Small hitting the pavement.

3. To complicate matters further, this video that was released appears to skip at the most critical point. @0:13 mark.
Gee, I wonder why that is?

Does not matter if you view the above video or the one posted in the article.
The same skip appears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhdJlnqBaMY

... but the immediateness of Mr Small's recoiling makes it unlikely that he could have thrown multiple punches, or even a single punch for that matter, IMHO.
No, that is what you wish to see.
Even in this video with a the skip there is still enough time to have made three punches and recoiling on the third.

Will have to wait and see if there was another video and if the Off-duty Officer had marks to his head indicating he was actually attacked as both he and the witness to the video say.

Last edited:

Relatives say? iLOL

2. Doesn't appear to be the same video spoken about in the first report as nothing this guy says appears in the released video.

From the article.

[...]

Small pummeled Isaacs, 37, through his open driver’s-side window with “big haymaker” punches before the flash of gunfire can be seen in the video, said the landlord.

“The video shows the guy coming out of his f–king car, running up to [the cop’s] car, going in the driver’s-side window and just punching the s–t of this poor cop. Then all of a sudden you see sparks,” he said, adding that the next image is of Small hitting the pavement.

3. To complicate matters further, this video that was released appears to skip at the most critical point. @0:13 mark.

The same skip appears.

Even in this video with a the skip there is still enough time to have made three punches and recoiling on the third.

Will have to wait and see if there was another video and if the Off-duty Officer had marks to his head indicating he was actually attacked as both he and the witness to the video say.

You think the video was edited? That's shocking. As shocking as an NBC editor who was fired for editing the George Zimmerman 911 call, to make him sound racist.

Is there a definitive way of determining if the video was sped up?

You think the video was edited? That's shocking. As shocking as an NBC editor who was fired for editing the George Zimmerman 911 call, to make him sound racist.

Is there a definitive way of determining if the video was sped up?
Just to be clear, I didn't say sped up. I said it appears to skip at the 13 second mark.

I have no idea if it was sped up, just as I have no idea if there is anything cut-out or missing at that skip.
But it does appear odd.

Can it be determined if it was sped up? Experts should be able to determine if it was edited in any way.
But still, this doesn't appear to be the original video reported on. :shrug:

I never said that the video was the very first video - I said that this was fresh newly available video - ie. a new video.

As for the first video that was examined, I never got to see that. There's just some hearsay about that first video confirming exactly what the cop said.

So if anybody has any previous video before this new video, then please post links to it.

I never said that the video was the very first video
No one said you did.
Matter of fact it was pretty much pointed out that it likely wasn't.

As for the first video that was examined, I never got to see that.
No one said you had.
What was said is the following.

Then a quote of what was said by that person in regards to that video was provided to confirm it likely wasn't the same video.​

There's just some hearsay about that first video confirming exactly what the cop said.
No, it is a witness of the video recounting what he saw.

So if anybody has any previous video before this new video, then please post links to it.
What did you not understand about saying we "will have to wait and see if there was another video"?

Even with the skip, it does appear that the guy punches the driver at least once. But yes.. that is a good catch. It does skip. Catch that on your own, or is that being discussed elsewhere that you read?

Interesting video,, Lets see, Cop maybe cuts this guy off in traffic (can't imagine that happens very often in NY) Man (with 19 prior arrests, 3 drinks at a BBQ) follows him for several blocks, ( I am sure the cop was aware of this) then he proceeds to get out of his car, walk around traffic, come up to the window, maybe threw a punch ( really hard to tell for sure ) and gets shot twice. You can bet that the cop had his gun out and ready. Can't say that I blame him. Was this justified? Beats me.. What can't people just flip each other off like we used to do...

djl

Even if the cop was punched, I'm surprised and dismayed at the idea he'd use lethal force in response to being punched.

And he's a police officer, for f***'s sakes. He should have known better. If officers behave this way, then what kind of role model are they for the rest of us?

Officers should be judged for their off-duty actions as much as they're judged for their actions while on duty. If a guy's running a call-girl ring in his off-hours, for example, then he shouldn't be wearing a badge.

Here's THE quote from the Post article:

At a vigil for Small on Atlantic Avenue on Wednesday night, the slain man’s brother said it didn’t matter if Small threw the first punch.

At the end of the day, all that matters to me is that he got shot by a cop for no reason,” Victor Dempsey said.

LMMFAO... Does this guy have even the slightest concept of right and wrong? He says that even if his brother was beating the crap out of the man, he got shot "for no reason".

What kind of upbringing leads to a person embracing warped values like that?

Interesting video,, Lets see, Cop maybe cuts this guy off in traffic (can't imagine that happens very often in NY) Man (with 19 prior arrests, 3 drinks at a BBQ) follows him for several blocks, ( I am sure the cop was aware of this) then he proceeds to get out of his car, walk around traffic, come up to the window, maybe threw a punch ( really hard to tell for sure ) and gets shot twice. You can bet that the cop had his gun out and ready. Can't say that I blame him. Was this justified? Beats me.. What can't people just flip each other off like we used to do...

I don't have a problem with the shooting. Someone that decides he wants to engage in such road rage, as to get out of his car and (it appears to me) punch another individual, took a known risk.

Like most of these shootings - with very few exceptions, the cops are reacting to people taking violent actions against them or are otherwise uncooperative to the arrest.

This seems far more like the conversation black moms should be having with their black sons, rather then just making them resent police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpcxN9JsoN8

Even with the skip, it does appear that the guy punches the driver at least once. But yes.. that is a good catch. It does skip. Catch that on your own, or is that being discussed elsewhere that you read?
No, I didn't see it discussed elsewhere.
How can one not see it?

This seems to be the unedited version - at least it is missing that skip. You can see that the guy reaches into the car, probably for a punch giving the officer had injuries consistent with such.
At least one, but some guys have jack hammers for arms. Three is possible.

Still have to wait and see what the other video being spoken about shows.

Relatives say? iLOL

From the article.

[...]

The same skip appears.

This is one for a forensics team to call. Was it doctored? Obviously there will be a thorough investigation. As it looks now, it is highly suspicious.

This is one for a forensics team to call. Was it doctored? Obviously there will be a thorough investigation. As it looks now, it is highly suspicious.

If the other video exists, they do not have to worry what this one does, or doesn't show.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with the shooting. Someone that decides he wants to engage in such road rage, as to get out of his car and (it appears to me) punch another individual, took a known risk.

Like most of these shootings - with very few exceptions, the cops are reacting to people taking violent actions against them or are otherwise uncooperative to the arrest.

This seems far more like the conversation black moms should be having with their black sons, rather then just making them resent police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpcxN9JsoN8
If I shot and killed every individual that tried to engage me in a fist fight throughout my life, there'd be a lot of dead people. Your POV sounds like one of these Gangbangers on the west side that solves every confrontation or even a perceived threat with a gun.

If I shot and killed every individual that tried to engage me in a fist fight throughout my life, there'd be a lot of dead people.

I didn't say "tried to engage".. This guy actually did engage with (again, what looks to me) to be a punch to the officers head. The guy made a bad decision to get out of his car to attack someone. Too bad. I can only imagine how big of a dick you are in real life to have so much anger directed your way, though.

Back
Top Bottom