• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video of white students being asked to leave multicultural center goes viral.

people in a public university should show respect for EVERYONE, POC and otherwise, vice versa, and that kinda is the point.

we are either all equal or we are not and we work towards that or we are always going to be wrong one way or the other. that is the way truth works. I'm sorry but it is.
I'll ask you the same question I asked Court Jester: Why are you so all fired against a space where POC's are not harrassed? This is NOT about 'fairness.' If everyone actually believed in fairness, there would be no need for a multicultural lounge.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Court Jester: Why are you so all fired against a space where POC's are not harrassed? This is NOT about 'fairness.' If everyone actually believed in fairness, there would be no need for a multicultural lounge.
I just told you why on another post, it would be fine if privately owned.

I believe the battle for equality is won ONLY by complete equality for ALL races. it is time for that to be the guiding notion , ESPECIALLY after having witnessed asinined crap like this. equal under the law means JUSTICE for one and for all, it is the MOST IMPORTANT and sacred guiding principle we have as a country.

WHEN unjust things actually happen then I am the first to be for solving them but you cannot use favoritism for any reason over another race of any creed in a decent JUST society. it is NOT a way to fix things, but to merely make them worse by using the SAME wrong principles all over again.

IF there are individuals or corporations that do things wrong due to race, then they must be punished, but you cannot condemn another entire race to placate one. it is also , wrong.

same for political beliefs... unless violent, you cannot squelch ONE person's political beliefs unjustly, etc, etc.. by the same reasoning.

those 2 things , JUSTICE and POLITICAL FREEDOM, are the foundations for the principles of our country and you destroy them at your GREAT peril.

I just told you why on another post, it would be fine if privately owned.

I believe the battle for equality is won ONLY by complete equality for ALL races. it is time for that to be the guiding notion , ESPECIALLY after having witnessed asinined crap like this. equal under the law means JUSTICE for one and for all, it is the MOST IMPORTANT and sacred guiding principle we have as a country.

WHEN unjust things actually happen then I am the first to be for solving them but you cannot use favoritism for any reason over another race of any creed in a decent JUST society. it is NOT a way to fix things, but to merely make them worse by using the SAME wrong principles all over again.

IF there are individuals or corporations that do things wrong due to race, then they must be punished, but you cannot condemn another entire race to placate one. it is also , wrong.

same for political beliefs... unless violent, you cannot squelch ONE person's political beliefs unjustly, etc, etc.. by the same reasoning.

those 2 things , JUSTICE and POLITICAL FREEDOM, are the foundations for the principles of our country and you destroy them at your GREAT peril.
Respectfully, I think you're looking at this all wrong. If a kid is bullying your daughter, do you want the principal telling your daughter that she needs to deal with it because the bully has freedom of speech? Personally, I wouldn't like that decision at all. I would want my daughter protected from unfair abuse. It has nothing to do with whether it is a public or private school. Public schools shouldn't tolerate it anymore than a private school.

Those boys were harrassing the folks in the multicultural center, they did it purposely, and it is just a minor example of the baiting, digs and insults that POC's say they put up with all the time. So yeah, that girl was pissed. If either of those boys was one of my children, I would curl up in shame.

Respectfully, I think you're looking at this all wrong. If a kid is bullying your daughter, do you want the principal telling your daughter that she needs to deal with it because the bully has freedom of speech? Personally, I wouldn't like that decision at all. I would want my daughter protected from unfair abuse. It has nothing to do with whether it is a public or private school. Public schools shouldn't tolerate it anymore than a private school.

Those boys were harrassing the folks in the multicultural center, they did it purposely, and it is just a minor example of the baiting, digs and insults that POC's say they put up with all the time. So yeah, that girl was pissed. If either of those boys was one of my children, I would curl up in shame.

bad analogy, bullying typically involves physical violence or at least rude verbal abuse. they did neither. since that is the case they were merely exercising their political voice and freedoms, passively. the minute you cannot do that in this country is the minute is becomes a shithole like the one the Haitians are running from.

I am not looking at anything wrong. those 2 principles continuing to work properly are more important than individual abuses of them. otherwise you would have injustice and a lack of freedom at every turn for many people , instead of individual instances of abuse that can be corrected in better ways.

obviously , we are not perfect, no country , state or person is, but we would be much worse without those ideals.

what I cannot believe is how SO MANY do not understand this anymore.

I think the problem is, so many progressives believe it will ALWAYS work in their favor because it is NOW. That may not always be the case.

Then maybe the next time they troll these girls they’ll be prepared to make that argument. And when they do, then we’ll see what the girls’ rebuttal will be. Until then, it’s merely wishful thinking that this argument was made.

What you’re doing is believing that some winning football move was made because it happened in your mind, and ignoring that the winning football move wasn’t made and that the team did in fact lose.
Why should these two male students have to make any argument at all? They were sitting quietly when they were verbally attacked by two female students, as poorly educated as they are poorly mannered. No one should have to make an argument where they're only exercising their right to be left alone in peace.

the way this should have worked was, the young ladies could have approached the guys and discussed rationally WHY they held those beliefs and what they think the slogan(s) mean and discuss why with them.

that is always the way political discourse should work.

I myself am for more police oversight and possible reform due to George Floyd EVEN THOUGH I Recognize that most police do a tough job, but sure, they need to be watched we need to add better ways to police unarmed, passive suspects...but I AM NOT going to go so far to say defund, or jail every policeman that shoots a perpetrator who a) has a weapon, b)does somethign that may give them a weapon when they have been told NOT to do so, etc.

why will I not do those things? because I am not silly enough to believe that will HELP the issue. yet i see TONS of progressives actually advocating for that.

White people have never shared any common ancestry, traditions, religion, language or other aspect of culture. There has never been any of those things that was inclusive of all white people. Nor has there ever been any of those things that were exclusive of all others.

Two random white people have always potentially been from different religions, ethnicity, language and traditions. There has never been and never will be a cultural identity linking all white people.

That is why there never was and there never will be a white culture.

You see, culture is based on social things not physical things. Culture does not consist of physical traits. It consists of social traits. All cultures are defined by abstract social objects. To believe that a culture could be predicated on skin color, in and of itself, is to have no understanding of culture.

While we can find white people in any culture, we cannot find a culture inclusive of all white people. We can't find a single aspect of culture inclusive of all white people. There has never been and never will be a white culture.
What social things do all black people share? What religion do all black people share? What language do all black people share? What traditions do all black people share? Is there a black culture? Or is the only thing they have in common that they feel they are all victims of racism?

Those 2 guys knew exactly what they were doing.
Then these two Police Lives Matters sympathizers could read the BLM people much better than BLM could read them.

What social things do all black people share? What religion do all black people share? What language do all black people share? What traditions do all black people share? Is there a black culture? Or is the only thing they have in common that they feel they are all victims of racism?
We do know that if they don't vote Democrat they ain't Black.

Seems like from what I have read so far that it was jerks confronting jerks. One group tried to provoke. The other fell for it. The battles are so bitter because the stakes are so small.

Gee, judging from what I learned from black folks I worked with or have as friends, I suppose they share experiences of being discriminate against, of having ancestors who were lynched, or of “driving while black.” As to culture, I suppose it is the religion they share, and the spiritual music that gave us jazz, rock, R and B, and fun dances from the jitterbug to the Lindy to the twist, and more. Ask Benny Goodman and Elvis if you are unclear.

Go to a Maga rally wearing an anti-trump shirt. Watch what happens.
Probably they wouldn't be let in. Remember all the hecklers during the campaign? That stopped with better watchers at the doors.

Because they're being educated.
That may be the dumbest statement I've read all year. Im gonna use that to make a bunch of people laugh. Educated people too! Thanks!!

Gee, judging from what I learned from black folks I worked with or have as friends, I suppose they share experiences of being discriminate against, of having ancestors who were lynched, or of “driving while black.” As to culture, I suppose it is the religion they share, and the spiritual music that gave us jazz, rock, R and B, and fun dances from the jitterbug to the Lindy to the twist, and more. Ask Benny Goodman and Elvis if you are unclear.
Alot of white people like rock, pop, and country music, going to church, parties, eating hot dogs and apple pie and barbeque, and going camping and fishing.

9%, or more than HALF of black people in the U.S. are foreign born. So thats half that cant claim ancestors who were slaves. Not all blacks are Christians either. So blacks in America have different culture just like whites in America have different culture. There is southern or "hick" culture, ie; country music, pickup trucks, fishing and hunting, etc, and coastal elite white culture, ie; houses on the beach or hills, making lots of money, elaborate parties, classical music, yachting, etc.

Go to a Maga rally wearing an anti-trump shirt. Watch what happens.
Are you telling me the multicultural center is a mage rally? :unsure:

Sometimes the leftists are so uneducated that I guess universities should refund the money. First of all, why White cannot go to the multicultural center? Do the leftists know Iceland, Germany, Poland, Finland, Hungary, Czech, Denmark, Ukraine, Spain, Sweden, Ireland .... have their own culture? And most of them are WHITE :rolleyes:

9%, or more than HALF of black people in the U.S. are foreign born. So thats half that cant claim ancestors who were slaves. Not all blacks are Christians either. So blacks in America have different culture just like whites in America have different culture. There is southern or "hick" culture, ie; country music, pickup trucks, fishing and hunting, etc, and coastal elite white culture, ie; houses on the beach or hills, making lots of money, elaborate parties, classical music, yachting, etc.
No, 9% of the black population is foreign born. Not 9% of the US population.

Alot of white people like rock, pop, and country music, going to church, parties, eating hot dogs and apple pie and barbeque, and going camping and fishing.
And to the extent that we like rock, we owe something to black culture. To the extent that we like country music and barbecue, we owe something to Scotch-Irish rural American culture. My favorite act from the 1960s were the Righteous Brothers, who owed much to religious traditions and even more to African-American music. Hence the name attached to their music, “Blue Eyed Soul.”

Back
Top Bottom