• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video captures attacker shooting, robbing 71-year-old man watering his lawn

If there's anything I've learned about women like her, non-response will not stop her from taking away your liberties, money and whoever and whatever else she can get her hands on.

so you are voting for Hillary I assume?

Hell no. Do you think she's going to get a bill passed to protect Sanders-aged men from gun crime?

crime control has nothing to do with Hillary's jihad against gun ownership

crime control has nothing to do with Hillary's jihad against gun ownership

Population control has to do with gun ownership, or vice versa. That's a bit like crime control, if in any given population there are some criminals.

Woops, I meant political control of the people.

Population control has to do with gun ownership, or vice versa. That's a bit like crime control, if in any given population there are some criminals.

Woops, I meant political control of the people.

the democrats first pushed gun control as a facade to stave off claims they were soft on crime-gun control schemes allowed them to pretend they were doing something about crime without actually offending major constituencies. When the NRA objected to this charade, the Democrats became upset with the NRA and that attitude became hatred when the NRA started mobilizing gun owners to vote against those who used gun control as a facade for crime control

the democrats first pushed gun control as a facade to stave off claims they were soft on crime-gun control schemes allowed them to pretend they were doing something about crime without actually offending major constituencies. When the NRA objected to this charade, the Democrats became upset with the NRA and that attitude became hatred when the NRA started mobilizing gun owners to vote against those who used gun control as a facade for crime control

Ok, and mobilizing gun owners apparently isn't doing much in the way of convincing me that I'm not going to get shot when I'm watering my lawn.

That's not true. Violence is not criminal when done in self-defense or in the defense of your property.

Here we go again. Read my entire post. Actions taken in self defense are not violence.

There are two things that determine the purpose, meaning, and use of a word - it's etymology and it's accepted definition. Here, educate yourself with these two links: Online Etymology Dictionary, and; Violence | Definition of Violence by Merriam-Webster

I could also give you the etymology and definition of the word defense, but you can Google those on your own. I'm happy to do so, however, if you ask me to do so.

Here we go again. Read my entire post. Actions taken in self defense are not violence.

There are two things that determine the purpose, meaning, and use of a word - it's etymology and it's accepted definition. Here, educate yourself with these two links: Online Etymology Dictionary, and; Violence | Definition of Violence by Merriam-Webster

I could also give you the etymology and definition of the word defense, but you can Google those on your own. I'm happy to do so, however, if you ask me to do so.

Huh, that's funny. According to the definition of violent, such actions can be violent, if taken in self defense.

Look up the etymology and definition of the word - defense. Then compare that to the post you felt was funny.

I fail to see how the definition of the word defense changes the definition of the word violent. Looks like you are just plain wrong on that count.

de·fense
/dəˈfens,ˈdēˌfens/
noun
the action of defending from or resisting attack.
"they relied on missiles for the country's defense"

It shouldn't be as easy for a 12-year-old to purchase an AK47 or a Glock on his block as easily as it is an ice cream cone. The supply chains need to be stopped or slowed down.

Right. We should make it harder and stop or slow down the supply chain, like we did with meth, and crack, and heroin, and weed, and PCP, and LSD, and ecstasy, and coke.... :roll:

That's simply false. They are violence, but they are violence that the law holds justified.

You shouldn't be quoting dictionaries at people. You should be quoting jury instructions on self-defense and/or appellate decisions defining what evidence does and does not entitle defendants to such an instruction.

Back
Top Bottom