• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video: Cali is now a war zone

I am happy I went to Point Reyes while I could walk better being from Maine, we like lighthouses.
that is a great lighthouse... we have walked it a few times.

London during the Blitz would have been ecstatic to just be a mere crime hotspot.
I’d rather face the bombs of a foreign enemy then feel unsafe in my own country

When I became an expat over 20 years ago, I sometimes check out videos of my home state. Wow, it's turned to complete crap, and comparable to the third world ghettos I see in my travels. Sad! WTF happened? :oops:

There is functionally no middle class anymore in California. It’s the wealthy and the poor.

Reactions: PoS
This Cali?
bay-area-uc-davis-very-close.jpg
Yes, that Cali. San Francisco is a terrible city in terms of public safety and quality of life. It’s not uncommon to find needles and feces on the streets. However you can get pretty pictures, it’s like cities in Brazil, rich exterior maintained by a lot of impoverished people

Since I don't live in california, what exactly is it I should know about it? It has the world's fourth largest economy?
California is not a sovereign country and therefore doesn’t have an economy that ranks among the world.

It's both, really.

They believe a vacant lot represents a city, so long as it's in a dem state, mind you.

They also believe that cities resemble Escape From New York, because they are hayseeds.
If you watched the rather long video he goes around a lot of San Bernardino. For the record I am in San Berna-ghetto nearly every night and it’s a place I’m still nervous to go into even though I do it for work every night.

Go watch the movie “the founder” about Ray Kroc, he comes down to San Bernardino at the first McDonald’s and it’s a beautiful scene, children playing in the street, whole families in the parking lot eating their food, kino 1950s America, I’ve been to the exact spot where the first McDonald’s stood on 14th st and it’s a third world grade neighborhood.

On a thread about California bashing?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
Yeah sure, you go on wit yo bad self.
So you admit that this thread is about California, and youre just spamming whattaboutism.

No. I actually posted actual numbers, facts, from valid sources, with citations.

Review. The record is clear.
See post #60. You posted bullshit claiming that the video is false, but the facts back the narrator up. San Bernardino is the most dangerous city in CA, but then you tried to deflect by posting more bullshit about red and blue states. All youve done is showcase your constant, moronic lies. Well done on that bit.

Yea. I dont recall ever hearing anyone say "Cali" in California.
You havent been out much.

Welcome to corporate America sending jobs to third world countries for slave wages. That aint a war zone.
Overseas jobs isnt putting criminals out onto the streets, nor is it the cause of so many homeless folk. Try again.

The bigger the population the bigger the poor communities get. As long as the percentages remain the same nothing is really changing.

When I go back every two years California is as nice as ever... we are going again this April. Can't wait!!
If youre away from the big cities, then Northern California isnt too bad. Full of snooty people though.

So you admit that this thread is about California, and youre just spamming whattaboutism.

See post #60. You posted bullshit claiming that the video is false, but the facts back the narrator up. San Bernardino is the most dangerous city in CA, but then you tried to deflect by posting more bullshit about red and blue states. All youve done is showcase your constant, moronic lies. Well done on that bit.
False.

8 Most Dangerous Cities in California​

1. Emeryville
  2. Oakland
  3. Bakersfield
  4. Stockton
  5. San Bernadino
  6. Richmond
  7. Merced
  8. Modesto

Total BS.

I am middle class in California as are 90% of the people I know.
This is highly doubtful. You are either upper income and consider yourself middle class or you are lower income and deluding yourself. If you’re making 40-60 grand your real standard of living is the same as someone making 19 grand in the Midwest

This is highly doubtful. You are either upper income and consider yourself middle class or you are lower income and deluding yourself. If you’re making 40-60 grand your real standard of living is the same as someone making 19 grand in the Midwest
Total nonsense. California has loads of middle class people. Here is the range. About half of califirnians are in that catagory.

Los Angeles, Long Beach, Anaheim​

Low-end middle class: $55,000
High-end middle class: $165,000

Riverside, San Bernardino, Ontario​

Low-end middle class: $51,000
High-end middle class: $154,000

San Diego, Chula Vista, Carlsbad​

Low-end middle class: $61,000
High-end middle class: $182,000

San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley​

Low-end middle class: $77,000
High-end middle class: $232,000

My area isn't on there but my income is right in the middle of the range.

Last edited:
Total nonsense. California has loads of middle class people. Here is the range. About half of califirnians are in that catagory.

Los Angeles, Long Beach, Anaheim​

Low-end middle class: $55,000
High-end middle class: $165,000

Riverside, San Bernardino, Ontario​

Low-end middle class: $51,000
High-end middle class: $154,000

San Diego, Chula Vista, Carlsbad​

Low-end middle class: $61,000
High-end middle class: $182,000

San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley​

Low-end middle class: $77,000
High-end middle class: $232,000

My area isn't on there but my income is right in the middle of the range.
50,000 dollars is not middle class in Anaheim. You’ll pay 3000 just to rent a two bed, that’s 36000 just in rent and that’s all your income after taxes. In terms of lifestyle you have to make the top end of your range to enjoy a small owned home

LOL a blog site called property club? Your lying moronic propaganda is soo obvious you must be Russian. :ROFLMAO:

1. San Bernadino - 1,364 Violent Crimes Per Capita

This is based on actual FBI stats, so your lies are once again exposed.
I just did a little research. Every single ranking I found was slightly different.

Nevertheless the same cities are in most of them though the rank may be slightly different.

50,000 dollars is not middle class in Anaheim. You’ll pay 3000 just to rent a two bed, that’s 36000 just in rent and that’s all your income after taxes. In terms of lifestyle you have to make the top end of your range to enjoy a small owned home
Read the article. Yes it in fact is. The way the middle is determined is explained.

If youre away from the big cities, then Northern California isnt too bad. Full of snooty people though.
I know all about CA. We also lived in Sonoma County for ten years...

When I became an expat over 20 years ago, I sometimes check out videos of my home state. Wow, it's turned to complete crap, and comparable to the third world ghettos I see in my travels. Sad! WTF happened? :oops:

Urban blight happens everywhere. I'm more worried about actual violence, especially gang violence and cartels spreading like a cancer throughout our state. Just the other day, six people including a sixteen year-old mom and a six month-old baby were executed in the town just next to mine.

Stopping organized crime violence should be put at the top of our state's agenda.

The Democrat Party is what happened.
Ok, let's look a similar video of Carmel/Monterey. Do you want to attribute that to the Democratic Party as well?

This is a about San Bernardino, not California. California is a very large state with 10% of the American population residing therein. There are a lot of communities that are doing really well and some that struggle, just like America. California does have an acute income disparity problem (America has this problem also but its particularly acute in California), which you can well see comparing the plight to San Bernardino to Carmel.

A smart person would look at this at the community level and not ascribe a global/flippant answer to a problem they do not understand. The plight of San Bernardino is likely quite complex with many things to blame.

Interesting claim that San Berdo is the most dangerous / crime-ridden city in California - that honor usually goes to Bakersfield. Kevin McCarthy territory.
Yep, Bakersfield is no American utopia, yet it is a Republican stronghold.

I think this argument that the plight of a community has something to do with a political party is unintellectual. These things are usually quite complex, but do have to do with local leadership. Often when local leadership fails, its more about incompetence and/or corruption than a political philosophy.

Last edited:
Maybe, I'm just finding the idea that any US city could be described as a "War zone" with a straight face amusing

He was referring to our school shootings, maybe.

Ok, let's look a similar video of Carmel/Monterey. Do you want to attribute that to the Democratic Party as well?

This is a about San Bernardino, not California. California is a very large state with 10% of the American population residing therein. There are a lot of communities that are doing really well and some that struggle, just like America. California does have an acute income disparity problem (America has this problem also but its particularly acute in California), which you can well see comparing the plight to San Bernardino to Carmel.

A smart person would look at this at the community level and not ascribe a global/flippant answer to a problem they do not understand. The plight of San Bernardino is likely quite complex with many things to blame.

Yep, Bakersfield is no American utopia, yet it is a Republican stronghold.

I think this argument that the plight of a community has something to do with a political party is unintellectual. These things are usually quite complex, but do have to do with local leadership. Often when local leadership fails, its more about incompetence and/or corruption than a political philosophy.

The People's Republic of Kern County.

I just did a little research. Every single ranking I found was slightly different.

Nevertheless the same cities are in most of them though the rank may be slightly different.
LOL a two second google search using partisan keywords does not make you an expert on Cali crime. Try again. :ROFLMAO:
I know all about CA. We also lived in Sonoma County for ten years...
That explains the snooty attitude...

LOL a two second google search using partisan keywords does not make you an expert on Cali crime. Try again. :ROFLMAO:

It's just a fact. One that you can't refute.

What makes you an expert on california crime?

Do you live in California even?

That explains the snooty attitude...
I should have come to you long ago and saved myself thousands on a therapist that is still trying to figure it out why I am so snooty...

It's just a fact. One that you can't refute.

What makes you an expert on california crime?

Do you live in California even?
Something taken from a blog isnt a fact. its bullshit propaganda, and you and everybody else knows it.

I grew up in California, so I have as much a right to talk about it as you.

Where are you from?

Something taken from a blog isnt a fact. its bullshit propaganda, and you and everybody else knows it.

I grew up in California, so I have as much a right to talk about it as you.

Where are you from?
The numbers in the blog come from the FBI.

And I provided multiple sources that prove my point. NOT JUST ONE.

Review.

I was born in California and have lived here, with a few years here and there in other places, my entire life.

I still live here.

You don't know what you are talking about.

You have been lied to and manipulated by right wing media who paints California, always, in a bad light because it is run by liberals.

Dont fall for it.

Facts matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom