• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video appears to show Ukrainian troops killing captured Russian soldiers.

Napoleon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I’ve often wondered what Ukraine has been doing with captured Russian soldiers after it forces them to participate in propaganda videos. I guess now we know.

“A video posted online and verified by The New York Times appears to show a group of Ukrainian soldiers killing captured Russian troops outside a village west of the capital, Kyiv.

“He’s still alive. Film these marauders. Look, he’s still alive. He’s gasping,” a man says as a Russian soldier with a jacket pulled over his head, apparently wounded, is seen still breathing.

A soldier then shoots the man twice. After the man keeps moving, the soldier shoots him again, and he stops.

At least three other apparent Russian soldiers, including one with an obvious head wound who has his hands tied behind his back, can be seen dead near the victim.”

I’ve often wondered what Ukraine has been doing with captured Russian soldiers after it forces them to participate in propaganda videos. I guess now we know.

“A video posted online and verified by The New York Times appears to show a group of Ukrainian soldiers killing captured Russian troops outside a village west of the capital, Kyiv.

“He’s still alive. Film these marauders. Look, he’s still alive. He’s gasping,” a man says as a Russian soldier with a jacket pulled over his head, apparently wounded, is seen still breathing.

A soldier then shoots the man twice. After the man keeps moving, the soldier shoots him again, and he stops.

At least three other apparent Russian soldiers, including one with an obvious head wound who has his hands tied behind his back, can be seen dead near the victim.”

Barbarians

Based on what Ive read, these atrocities are the work of the Georgian Legion, a foreign unit attached to the Ukrainian Army but not part of their core organization. Nevertheless, it is a barbaric act and the perps need to be brought to justice if its true.

Russians are shooting civilians, bombing hospitals. They can **** off whining about being killed. although the rules of war should apply (it doesn't for the Russians) I'm not going to shed a tear for these assholes. Granted, they are following orders but still

Based on what Ive read, these atrocities are the work of the Georgian Legion, a foreign unit attached to the Ukrainian Army but not part of their core organization. Nevertheless, it is a barbaric act and the perps need to be brought to justice if its true.
I’m certain it’s more widespread than that. One of the interesting things about this conflict is that we never hear anything about Russian POWs except when they’re featured in Ukranian propaganda videos. Now we have our answer. They’re murdered.

So sad, a few less Russian invaders to take care of.

Maybe think twice before blindly fallowing a madman into a battle to enslave a free nation.

I know this goes against the "rules of war", but the truth is there are not "rules" in war, there is only the objectives. Why should the Ukraine waste the very little resources it has housing captured soldiers when it's having enough trouble taking care of its' own people.

Russia is not adhering to any known "rules of war", the Ukraine was no threat to Russia, militarily. It only posed an ideological threat to Putin's iron grip over Russia. To have a free and open State on its' borders.

Last edited:
Wow, that's bad. The Russians should pull out of Ukraine and cease hostilities so the UN can properly investigate this incident.

There is one party that can make all this stop this minute. The OP has made no attempt to hide which side his bread is buttered on.

Well, that puts a nail in it. I guess everything Putin said about Ukraine is true and the whole war is little more than a "wag the dog" scenario. Zelensky needs to be hauled out and put up on war crimes while Putin needs a medal and the rest of the world owes Russia a huge apology.

Thanks for pointing out the truth in all this, Nat. You are a true friend of the Rodina and next time you get to Moscow they'll be sure to throw you a very nice party!

Sad, but almost understandable.

A lot of people would be having nervous and itchy fingers around the trigger of a gun, when foreign invaders come and destroy your own country.

There is one party that can make all this stop this minute. The OP has made no attempt to hide which side his bread is buttered on.
I’m neutral. But it is interesting to see the same people hooting and hollering about international law whenever Ukraine alleges war crimes were committed by Russia hemming and hawing when Ukrainian troops post independently verified videos of themselves committing war crimes on the internet.

I’m neutral. But it is interesting to see the same people hooting and hollering about international law whenever Ukraine alleges war crimes were committed by Russia hemming and hawing when Ukrainian troops post independently verified videos of themselves committing war crimes on the internet.
Your posts on this topic have been anything but neutral. As I said In my reply, there is one party that can make all this stop.

Back
Top Bottom