• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video: 30 hornets vs. 30,000 bees

I didn't realize that hornets did that sort of thing. Didn't like the dramatization so I muted the music.

They're invasive in the states.
They'll wipe a whole nest out quick.

I didn't know they were called Japanese Hornets. We saw them everywhere in China, and they were freaky looking. One attacked me once and even though I was running it was able to keep up with me, unlike the wasps of North America. I've been stung so many times that I am a candidate for anaphylaxis if one gets me again.

I didn't know they were called Japanese Hornets. We saw them everywhere in China, and they were freaky looking. One attacked me once and even though I was running it was able to keep up with me, unlike the wasps of North America. I've been stung so many times that I am a candidate for anaphylaxis if one gets me again.

Yea they are ****ing ridiculously huge.
They are pretty well established in the South although not as prevalent as they are in China I'm sure.

Part of the reason that honey bees here aren't doing so well.
European honey bees haven't evolved to defend themselves against them like the Japanese honey bees have.

There's also a type of moth that has been predating on bee colonies, it to is practically impervious to bee stingers.

Here is an awesome battle too.

Yea they are ****ing ridiculously huge.
They are pretty well established in the South although not as prevalent as they are in China I'm sure.

Part of the reason that honey bees here aren't doing so well.
European honey bees haven't evolved to defend themselves against them like the Japanese honey bees have.

There's also a type of moth that has been predating on bee colonies, it to is practically impervious to bee stingers.

Big insects and arachnids just irk me. I've only been to a jungle once and it's the last god damn time, just because of the bugs. Nothing beats waking up to a spider the size of my hand resting above my face outside of the mosquito net. I'm just glad they aren't super huge like in prehistoric times.

Big insects and arachnids just irk me. I've only been to a jungle once and it's the last god damn time, just because of the bugs. Nothing beats waking up to a spider the size of my hand resting above my face outside of the mosquito net. I'm just glad they aren't super huge like in prehistoric times.

:lol:

Don't go to Australia, I've recently learned that it's the continent of death.
Spud collects those damn things.

Don't go to Australia, I've recently learned that it's the continent of death.
Spud collects those damn things.

Australia2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom