• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Victoria Nuland: Ukraine Has "Biological Research Facilities," Worried Russia May Seize Them

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Victoria Nuland: Ukraine Has "Biological Research Facilities," Worried Russia May Seize Them
Unfortunately for this propaganda racket masquerading as neutral and high-minded fact-checking, the neocon official long in charge of U.S. policy in Ukraine testified on Monday before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and strongly suggested that such claims are, at least in part, true. Yesterday afternoon, Under Secretary of State Victoria Nuland appeared before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), hoping to debunk growing claims that there are chemical weapons labs in Ukraine, smugly asked Nuland: “Does Ukraine have chemical or biological weapons?”

Rubio undoubtedly expected a flat denial by Nuland, thus providing further "proof” that such speculation is dastardly Fake News emanating from the Kremlin, the CCP and QAnon. Instead, Nuland did something completely uncharacteristic for her, for neocons, and for senior U.S. foreign policy officials: for some reason, she told a version of the truth. Her answer visibly stunned Rubio, who — as soon as he realized the damage she was doing to the U.S. messaging campaign by telling the truth — interrupted her and demanded that she instead affirm that if a biological attack were to occur, everyone should be “100% sure” that it was Russia who did it. Grateful for the life raft, Nuland told Rubio he was right.

But Rubio's clean-up act came too late. When asked whether Ukraine possesses “chemical or biological weapons,” Nuland did not deny this: at all. She instead — with palpable pen-twirling discomfort and in halting speech, a glaring contrast to her normally cocky style of speaking in obfuscatory State Department officialese — acknowledged: “uh, Ukraine has, uh, biological research facilities.” Any hope to depict such "facilities” as benign or banal was immediately destroyed by the warning she quickly added: “we are now in fact quite concerned that Russian troops, Russian forces, may be seeking to, uh, gain control of [those labs], so we are working with the Ukrainiahhhns [sic] on how they can prevent any of those research materials from falling into the hands of Russian forces should they approach”

“uh, Ukraine has, uh, biological research facilities.” - Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland

Well, that's an interesting development.

I imagine a lot of countries have such facilities

I imagine a lot of countries have such facilities

Yeah, we've been over this. 'Biological labs' ≠ "biological WEAPONS labs." That Russia might seize research into diseases for purposes of disease prevention and ask its weapons programs to see if they can do anything usefully evil with the data does not make the lab that generated the data a "weapons" lab.

@VySky is just recycling some second-hand dumbassed Russian propaganda. Again. When Tyler Durden is your God and is tied to Russian intelligence... 🤷

The emotionally invested are reporting in.

Yeah, we've been over this. 'Biological labs' ≠ "biological WEAPONS labs." That Russia might seize research into diseases for purposes of disease prevention and ask its weapons programs to see if they can do anything usefully evil with the data does not make the lab that generated the data a "weapons" lab.

@VySky is just recycling some second-hand dumbassed Russian propaganda. Again. When Tyler Durden is your God and is tied to Russian intelligence... 🤷
I think with the congressional quote here, it does indeed look like Ukraine was doing such research.

At least that’s how I read it.

I think with the congressional quote here, it does indeed look like Ukraine was doing such research.

At least that’s how I read it.

What does "such" refer to?

As far as I recall, they were (like everybody else) studying diseases in the hope of mitigating/predicting future outbreaks, not actually designing/building bioweapons.

What does "such" refer to?

As far as I recall, they were (like everybody else) studying diseases in the hope of mitigating/predicting future outbreaks, not actually designing/building bioweapons.
I suppose this is possible as well. If that were the case, I suspect they would have diseases in stock to develop therapies against.

Paging Dr. Fauci, Dr. Fauci to the white courtesy phone please. If anyone knows about funding bio-weapons labs it would be him.

I suppose this is possible as well. If that were the case, I suspect they would have diseases in stock to develop therapies against.

That's a likely explanation. Rubio asked a direct question and Nuland can't lie to Congress.

Right. Exactly.

The problem is that OP is structured to suggest that they are explicit bioweapons labs and that we/Ukraine are lying about the fact, hence the use of the word "uh" in the quotes he posted.

But they're very different things.

This is the subject of the article:
Self-anointed "fact-checkers” in the U.S. corporate press have spent two weeksmocking as disinformation and a false conspiracy theory the claim that Ukraine has biological weapons labs, either alone or with U.S. support. They never presented any evidence for their ruling — how could they possibly know? and how could they prove the negative? — but nonetheless they invoked their characteristically authoritative, above-it-all tone of self-assurance and self-arrogated right to decree the truth, definitively labelling such claims false.

It just so happens to be about biolabs in Ukraine.

Right. Exactly.

The problem is that OP is structured to suggest that they are explicit bioweapons labs and that we/Ukraine are lying about the fact, hence the use of the word "uh" in the quotes he posted.

It's a news article. I didn't write it or create the headline.

Calm down. Read the article, comment on it or debunk it.

No need to become emotional.

The emotionally invested are reporting in.
As was stated already in this thread, there is a Dif between bio-weapons labs and biological research labs. We for example have over 100 biological research labs and 14 Level-4 safety bio-labs here. Are you suggesting that just because we have those we are working earnestly or even at all on developing bio-weapons?

Will you stop at nothing to lick Putin's balls and dump on Ukraine and the US?

You're pushing pro-Russian conspiracy theory/propaganda.

It's biological research, not bio-weapons lab as Russia is claiming for yet another in a long line of conspiracy theories used to try and justify the unjust invasion of Ukraine.

I can just imagine if Trump was POTUS, he'd be pushing all the Putin B.S. right there along side you.

You seem to be confused. The exchange you are attempting to reply to is this:

“uh, Ukraine has, uh, biological research facilities.” - Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland

Well, that's an interesting development.
Right. Exactly.

But they're very different things.

I'm sorry you get "emotional" when thinking about how badly your lie failed, but that's not really my problem. Stop pushing propaganda.

All bioweapons labs call themselves biodefense or "dual use" labs now. That is to get around the restrictions on biowarfare research.

They have to develop bioweapons in order to develop vaccines for them. And those bioweapons can be used as weapons.

It's all silly word games.

As was stated already in this thread, there is a Dif between bio-weapons labs and biological research labs. We for example have over 100 biological research labs and 14 Level-4 safety bio-labs here. Are you suggesting that just because we have those we are working earnestly or even at all on developing bio-weapons?

Yes of course we are. Other countries are, terrorists probably are, so we have to. We outsourced gain of function research to China, probably causing the pandemic.

They get around it by calling it "dual use" research. Developing bioweapons and vaccines for them. It has to go together, you can't just develop vaccines for bioweapons without having bioweapons.

Word games fool people so easily.

You're pushing pro-Russian conspiracy theory/propaganda.

It's biological research, not bio-weapons lab as Russia is claiming for yet another in a long line of conspiracy theories used to try and justify the unjust invasion of Ukraine.

I can just imagine if Trump was POTUS, he'd be pushing all the Putin B.S. right there along side you.
It's a pathetic word game with the Putzin Propaganda Pushers.

Research labs and weapons labs. Big differences. Too bad some people don't see it (or just downright ignore it)

It's a pathetic word game with the Putzin Propaganda Pushers.

Research labs and weapons labs. Big differences. Too bad some people don't see it (or just downright ignore it)

No big differences.

You seem to be confused. The exchange you are attempting to reply to is this:

I'm sorry you get "emotional" when thinking about how badly your lie failed, but that's not really my problem. Stop pushing propaganda.

You didn't identify any propaganda in the article or back up your knee-jerk opinion with any evidence.

You simply rushed in with an emotional response.

All bioweapons labs call themselves biodefense or "dual use" labs now. That is to get around the restrictions on biowarfare research.

They have to develop bioweapons in order to develop vaccines for them. And those bioweapons can be used as weapons.

It's all silly word games.
Provide proof.

Show your work.

Yes of course we are. Other countries are, terrorists probably are, so we have to. We outsourced gain of function research to China, probably causing the pandemic.

They get around it by calling it "dual use" research. Developing bioweapons and vaccines for them. It has to go together, you can't just develop vaccines for bioweapons without having bioweapons.

Word games fool people so easily.
‘probably causing the pandemic’ with no evidence; more anti-USA pro-tRumPootinXi propaganda

Back
Top Bottom