• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Victim of 'I Hate White People' Attack Dies, Will Media Finally Report Incident?

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Noel Sheppard
September 9, 2013

As NewsBusters reported Sunday, the national news media outside of local New York outlets has totally ignored a New York man becoming brain dead as the result of an unprovoked attack by a man that shouted "I hate white people."

The victim, 62-year-old Jeffrey Babbitt, died Monday.

Will media report it now?

At presstime, Google News and LexisNexis searches still find ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and NBC haven't done one report on this matter.

Not a single one.

CNN.com published an online piece about the issue late Sunday evening, but still hasn't reported it on-air.

CBSNews.com published an article about Babbitt's death and the attack Monday afternoon. Might that lead CBS News to finally cover this story on television?

And what about the rest of the press?

The New York Times hasn't touched this story since a 152-word article published on page 21 Saturday. Might this deserve more coverage by the Times now that Babbitt has died?

And where the heck are the Washington Post, USA Today, and other papers that have not yet shared this tragedy with their readers?

Is it really just verboten for America's media to report black on white hate crimes?

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Victim of 'I Hate White People' Attack Dies, Will Media Finally Report Incident? | NewsBusters

Mr. Sharpton, Mr. Obama where are both of you? Oh, I forgot the victim is white and of no importance to you.

Back
Top Bottom