• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Victim Child was Executed, But You'll Never Hear About It

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
cannonhinnant-sessoms-36267rjrk6j7b004589ey8shx6khx8mpan51j0fd3tn81o09g.jpeg

WILSON, N.C. (WRAL) - A North Carolina man was in custody Monday night, about 24 hours after police said he shot and killed a 5-year-old boy.

Darius N. Sessoms, 25, of Wilson was apprehended in Goldsboro by members of the U.S. Marshals Service Carolinas Regional Fugitive Task Force, Goldsboro police and the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office, according to our news partner WRAL in Raleigh. He was charged with first-degree murder and was being held without bond in the Wilson County jail.

Family members said Cannon Hinnant was playing outside his father's house when he was shot in the head. The boy's two sisters, ages 8 and 7, saw their brother get shot, according to Cannon's mother.

Cannon was taken to Wilson Medical Center, where he died.

No details about a possible motive for the shooting have been released, but police said the shooting wasn't random.

Sessoms lives next door to Cannon's father, and a neighbor said that the two men had dinner together Saturday night and that Sessoms was at his neighbor's home earlier Sunday.

N.C. man wanted in fatal shooting of 5-year-old apprehended

So an innocent 5 year old child is executed in broad daylight in front of his siblings and several neighbors...and that's not newsworthy to CNN and MSNBC? Do liberals really only care about giant meth-head criminals such as George Floyd, yet don't care about an innocent white child murdered? Or the burglar in Georgia. Or the guy who tried to shoot a cop in Atlanta with his own weapon. On and on it goes. I'm sure that the only liberal commenters on this thread (if any reply at all) will now completely ignore this boy's death, and instead complain that I defamed the giant methbag in Minneapolis. Tough ****.

So an innocent 5 year old child is executed in broad daylight in front of his siblings and several neighbors...and that's not newsworthy to CNN and MSNBC? Do liberals really only care about giant meth-head criminals such as George Floyd, yet don't care about an innocent white child murdered? Or the burglar in Georgia. Or the guy who tried to shoot a cop in Atlanta with his own weapon. On and on it goes. I'm sure that the only liberal commenters on this thread (if any reply at all) will now completely ignore this boy's death, and instead complain that I defamed the giant methbag in Minneapolis. Tough ****.

Sorry to bust your fake victimization parade, but it appears to be everywhere even though a murder - out of 14,000 homicides a year in the US - is not national news no matter how much you want to rage about black people and attack media for making everything about racial resentments.

5-year-old boy shot and killed in front of his sisters

Police have man in custody after 5-year-old fatally shot in N.C.

I'm not gonna keep searching. That's a quick 10 second google.

Like always, when the person on the right complains about the liberal media not reporting on something, the person on the right is lying. This one just so happens to have the TAAC touch to it.

If we never hear about it then why are we hearing about it?

Sessoms lives next door to Cannon's father, and a neighbor said that the two men had dinner together Saturday night and that Sessoms was at his neighbor's home earlier Sunday.

So the shooter lives next door to the kid's father and had dinner with him Saturday night. A friend of the family.

Sounds like another accidental shooting in America. There are thousands of them each year.

He thought the gun was unloaded. Was playing with the kid, aimed and pulled the trigger.

I'm going to make your day: Being a progressive, I don't believe your story and even if it was true, I don't care. You're welcome. Glad to have helped.

Sorry your google-fu is so weak
you're unable to find the gazillion hits on the story.

That's a you thing, though.

It's not anyone else's fault or issue.

glwt

So the shooter lives next door to the kid's father and had dinner with him Saturday night. A friend of the family.

Sounds like another accidental shooting in America. There are thousands of them each year.

He thought the gun was unloaded. Was playing with the kid, aimed and pulled the trigger.

Quite an imagination there, no where in any report I have read is there anything close to the scenario like the one you laid out.

This again. Yes a black man went crazy. Whats new. 40 Children under the age of 5 kill them selves every day in the great USA.

This again. Yes a black man went crazy. Whats new. 40 Children under the age of 5 kill them selves every day in the great USA.

They kill themselves? Total horse****.

So you got all that from the fact that they ate dinner together the day before?

Dad duped a black man to kill his son for him... quite clever, actually,.

This is the whole, "some black guy did something horrible, therefore blacks deserve they treatment they get from the cops", thread, isn't it?

Sorry to bust your fake victimization parade, but it appears to be everywhere even though a murder - out of 14,000 homicides a year in the US - is not national news[/b} no matter how much you want to rage about black people and attack media for making everything about racial resentments.

Then was was Ahmaud Arberry's death deemed important enough by national news organizations to be turned into a national story?

I specifically mentioned CNN and MSNBC's lack of coverage of the boy's murder, to which to respond by providing links to articles written by the NY Daily News and a local Richmond, Virginia station. Is there a reason why you think that's relatable? Besides, a poster after you displayed the honesty that you so cowardly lack in all matters, when he said he doesn't care if the story is true or not.

Like always, when the person on the right complains about the liberal media not reporting on something, the person on the right is lying. This one just so happens to have the TAAC touch to it.

Let's be honest now for once;

1. Had you ever heard of this story before reading my OP?
2. Would you have heard of this story if you hadn't read my OP?
3. Why would CNN not cover this boy's murder, yet create hours of coverage for Ahmaud Arberry's death?

You accusing someone else of lying is hilarious.

Horrifying

And so is the fact that we all mostly tune out gun violence.

Nothing on fox?

Those damm liberals

I'm going to make your day: Being a progressive, I don't believe your story and even if it was true, I don't care. You're welcome. Glad to have helped.

While I can respect the honesty in your comment which was lacking in the comments prior to yours, I can't respect your position. There's nothing remotely 'progressive' in obsessing over lowlife criminals who arrive at an inevitable early demise, while not caring about violence against children.

Sorry your google-fu is so weak
you're unable to find the gazillion hits on the story.

That's a you thing, though.

It's not anyone else's fault or issue.

glwt

My claim was that CNN and MSNBC hadn't said a word about Cannon Hinnant's death, and that still stands as true. Sorry your reading comprehension is so weak.

While I can respect the honesty in your comment which was lacking in the comments prior to yours, I can't respect your position. There's nothing remotely 'progressive' in obsessing over lowlife criminals who arrive at an inevitable early demise, while not caring about violence against children.

I was being sarcastic. I figured that's what they wanted to hear. :)

Very sad.

No idea what could have lead to the shooting other than a mental issue or drugs. Or both.

Back
Top Bottom