• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vicious Infighting at NBC News

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Keith Olbermann

Griffin, who had been friends with Olbermann since they first worked together at CNN three decades ago, pleaded for understanding. Olbermann had had a difficult year, a difficult few years, in fact. He was critical to the network’s success, Griffin said, but his personal problems were affecting his work and he looked angrier on the air. They wanted the Good Keith back, the clever, smart, ironic anchor. Their new client had to stop fighting management on every little thing.

Even those who admired Olbermann’s broadcasting skills felt that his behavior, such as making his staff leave notes outside his door rather than speaking to him, had gone too far. He was a royal pain, they said, and management had become exhausted trying to rein him in.

Relations are so strained that Olbermann has not spoken directly with Capus or Griffin since the donations controversy erupted. While he is halfway through a four-year, $30 million contract, Olbermann has become, in the words of one staffer, “a man without a country.

Olbermann is certifiably insane. The disturbing stories of him at ESPN, his multiple deranged relationships with women, his complete lack of control of his temper, and his sick views of America make liberals look absolutely ridiculous for worshipping him as they do.

He has become the face of liberalism, much like Rush is for conservatism. That's not good for Democrats, because this guy is capable of doing just about anything. He has no self control.

This guy very well might off himself one day. I'd call it 50/50.

Keith Olbermann

Olbermann is certifiably insane. The disturbing stories of him at ESPN, his multiple deranged relationships with women, his complete lack of control of his temper, and his sick views of America make liberals look absolutely ridiculous for worshipping him as they do.

He has become the face of liberalism, much like Rush is for conservatism. That's not good for Democrats, because this guy is capable of doing just about anything. He has no self control.

I don't really care for Olbermann. He is basically in the same mindset as Rush and Beck as far as how to get to his viewers, albeit from a leftist instead of a righwing point of view. I don't have much time for any of these blowhards. I think he is bringing down his supporting cast as well. Maddow used to have some very intelligent news stories when she first came on at MSNBC. She's starting to act a bit more like Olbermann lately though so I quit watching MSNBC all together.

Keith Olbermann

I have to disagree with part of this statement. While Olbermann is certainly the 'face of liberalism', as evidenced by his multitude of supporters here, on other political formus I've been on, and in the general public... Rush is certainly NOT the 'face of conservatism'.

I rarely see the level of support for Rush here that I do for Olbermann. How many 'Rush is great' threads do you see here? How many conservatives here make post after post, making excuses for Rush, supporting Rush when he does something monumentally stupid, or gets himself suspended for violating a contract agreement? Now, compare that to the threads and post that liberals make in support of Olbermann.

Whose the face of what?

People like Olbermann (on both the right and left) harm the chances for intelligent and reasonable political discourse in this country, which in the end, harms the country itself. Hopefully, he will be off the air and replaced with someone more reasonable.

People like Olbermann (on both the right and left) harm the chances for intelligent and reasonable political discourse in this country, which in the end, harms the country itself. Hopefully, he will be off the air and replaced with someone more reasonable.

Agreed. I have the same hope of Rush.... ain't gonna happen though :-(

Agreed. I have the same hope of Rush.... ain't gonna happen though :-(

Agreed. After listening to a few shows, its amazing to listen to Rush speculate on some matter and find some way to blame a problem on his opposition and than two minutes later, his speculation becomes fact in his mind. How is that intelligent or reasonable when its quite obvious its pure doublethink?

I would like to have commentators on both sides admit the good and bad of their stances in an honest manner.

Whovian, I think your biased is showing the only one that I have seen that support Olbermen is PRBURE, and Haymarket. Hell people that are like Keith, and Rush are the reason more moderate voices go unheard of in the political spots.

Rush is certainly NOT the 'face of conservatism'.
You're kidding, right? Any conservative that has ever said a word about Rush that he didn't like has had to walk back from those comments.

:lamo

Keith is kool!
Olbermann is outstanding!!

NO. Manson had his family.

Back
Top Bottom