• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vets/trump/disrespect/patriotism

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Where is the outrage by the Trump supporters for pissing on the memory of our fallen Veterans while in Paris and again by refusing to attend the Arlington laying of the wreath ?

Where is the outrage by the Trump supporters for pissing on the memory of our fallen Veterans while in Paris and again by refusing to attend the Arlington laying of the wreath ?

If veterans didn't want to be on the receiving end of Trump's wrath then they shouldn't have lived lives that constantly remind him of his inadequacies and his cowardice.

But they made their choice and now they have to live with it.

I'm no supporter, but I got some outrage. I think the left hurts itself by spending too much time on attacking every single minutia Trump gives them. People tune it out or even start to feel like he is some sort of underdog with the constant berating.

The worst of it, to me, is when something like the Commander-in-Chief saying he is too busy to honor those who lost their life serving our country. It gets completely passed over because people tuned out at covfefe.

Maybe everyone has just come to terms with the fact that he's an asshole. It's no longer news.

Maybe everyone has just come to terms with the fact that he's an asshole. It's no longer news.

Sadly, I believe you’re correct. Still, we can’t afford to become numb to Trump. Doing so just makes it easier for him to continue on his merry dimented way of attempting to destroy faith in our courts, federal investigative and intelligence services, and any other trusted government organization that gets on his bad side.

Sadly, I believe you’re correct. Still, we can’t afford to become numb to Trump. Doing so just makes it easier for him to continue on his merry dimented way of attempting to destroy faith in our courts, federal investigative and intelligence services, and any other trusted government organization that gets on his bad side.

The trouble is, we can't really do anything about it till 2020. Even if the house were to impeach, the Senate would never convict. I agree that his depredations need to be recognized least complacency set in.

So Trump missed most of the WW2 ceremonies held on Veterans Day. Give him a break. I was in DC two days after Bill Clinton's first inauguration and he missed the abortion march, breaking years of presidential precedent. But he was not asleep that day. He signed 5 executive orders that day loosening restrictions on those seeking to execute babies before they were born.

It has been two years now that Trump has not gone to Arlington to lay a wreath. He also has not visited the troop in a combat zone. He does not care about the military, but, they will vote for him in 2020. Since he knows they will vote for him, why make a relationship with the common military personal.

So Trump missed most of the WW2 ceremonies held on Veterans Day. Give him a break. I was in DC two days after Bill Clinton's first inauguration and he missed the abortion march, breaking years of presidential precedent. But he was not asleep that day. He signed 5 executive orders that day loosening restrictions on those seeking to execute babies before they were born.

Would you please stop trying to intentionally derail threads with off topic posting ? If you want to discuss Clinton or abortion, start your own thread in the proper area of the forum....thank you

I'm a veteran, and the son of a veteran. Yet I am not automatically offended by such things.

Why should I be? My honor and pride is not affected by what others do. It is based on my own honorable service.

Nor do I automatically react in a knee-jerk way just because people insist I need to be upset.

The President is the Commander in Chief. When I served I did not have to agree with him, or support his policies, but I was duty bound to obey his lawful orders, and those of the personnel above me in my chain of command per my oath.

So what if he didn't preside over a ceremony? How does that affect anyone in any material way?

I think you should consider being proud of any service you performed, and leave unnecessary "offenses" by the way-side.

Now if you choose to be "offended," so be it. But that does not automatically put you on any moral high ground. Nor justify your demand that others feel the same way you do. :no:

Think about it. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
I'm a veteran, and the son of a veteran. Yet I am not automatically offended by such things.

Why should I be? My honor and pride is not affected by what others do. It is based on my own honorable service.

Nor do I automatically react in a knee-jerk way just because people insist I need to be upset.

The President is the Commander in Chief. When I served I did not have to agree with him, or support his policies, but I was duty bound to obey his lawful orders, and those of the officers and non-coms in my chain of command per my oath.

So what if he didn't preside over a ceremony? How does that affect anyone in any material way?

I think you should consider being proud of any service you performed, and leave unnecessary "offenses" by the way-side.

Now if you choose to be "offended," so be it. But that does not automatically put you on any moral high ground.

I count at least a dozen references in you post referencing I...me...my....Have you considered starting your own thread where you can pontificate about YOUR moral high ground ?....think about that Mr. Egotistical.

I count at least a dozen references in you post referencing I...me...my....Have you considered starting your own thread where you can pontificate about YOUR moral high ground ?....think about that Mr. Egotistical.

You demand "where is the outrage" and I can only speak for myself. Yet when a response you don't agree with is made, what do you do? Respond with fallacies. You are dismissed. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
q.f.t.

The majority of serving military and veterans support trump and the republican party. I don't know why - but that could be the reason there hasn't been an outcry. But if President Obama did what trump did - you'd have every trumpeteer - serving or not - screaming for his execution.

The President is the Commander in Chief. When I served I did not have to agree with him, or support his policies, but I was duty bound to obey his lawful orders, and those of the personnel above me in my chain of command per my oath.

Now if you choose to be "offended," so be it. But that does not automatically put you on any moral high ground. Nor justify your demand that others feel the same way you do. :no:

Did you respect and support President Obama? And if President Obama did what trump did would you be as nonchalant?

The trouble is, we can't really do anything about it till 2020. Even if the house were to impeach, the Senate would never convict. I agree that his depredations need to be recognized least complacency set in.

The republicans must really hate Pence. They could easily have impeached trump by now - they controlled both houses - and installed Pence as president. And although I despise Pence, he at least can form a sentence. And he wouldn't be tweeting at 3 in the morning, threatening our allies and praising our former enemies via tweet and he wouldn't spend every 2nd day playing golf and every second week vacationing at Mar-lar-go.

The more and more the republicans support and defend trump's outrageous and disgusting behaviour the more they alienate the moderate republicans. They can't win elections with the far right white supremacists and neo-nazis that worship the orange one.

The majority of serving military and veterans support trump and the republican party. I don't know why - but that could be the reason there hasn't been an outcry. But if President Obama did what trump did - you'd have every trumpeteer - serving or not - screaming for his execution.

Actually Joan, I live in a city with 5 major military installations. 1) The USAFA 2) NORAD 3) Fort Carson 4) Peterson AFB 5) Schriever AFB...Tons of military retirees live here. Although most active duty tend to keep quiet for obvious reasons, many of the retired vets despise Trump with vigor.

The republicans must really hate Pence. They could easily have impeached trump by now - they controlled both houses - and installed Pence as president. And although I despise Pence, he at least can form a sentence. And he wouldn't be tweeting at 3 in the morning, threatening our allies and praising our former enemies via tweet and he wouldn't spend every 2nd day playing golf and every second week vacationing at Mar-lar-go.

The more and more the republicans support and defend trump's outrageous and disgusting behaviour the more they alienate the moderate republicans. They can't win elections with the far right white supremacists and neo-nazis that worship the orange one.

I am of the opinion that in 2020,if Trump hasn't keeled over from shoving Big Macs down his gullet by the dozens, Independents and women will assure he is not re-elected for a 2nd term. His act is getting old fast.

Actually Joan, I live in a city with 5 major military installations. 1) The USAFA 2) NORAD 3) Fort Carson 4) Peterson AFB 5) Schriever AFB...Tons of military retirees live here. Although most active duty tend to keep quiet for obvious reasons, many of the retired vets despise Trump with vigor.
Sounds very scientific, your polling.

At least the few willing to hang out with you have those opinions, eh? I personally have never met vets who are not on board with the make America great view... or who enjoyed having the military hollowed out over 8 long years.

As to the OP, are you trying to derail the thread with all this talk about where you live and what bases are nearby and how many retirees there are locally? Have you thought about starting another thread where your views, opinions, on those things might be applicable? Especially if you are trying to hold other posters to those standards?

My own personal view is that most vets are grown-ups, most American adults are grown- ups...they see how hard Trump works day in and day out fighting for regular Americans against those forces inside and out that would make us weak, do us harm... and we are properly appreciative.

Thank God on Thanksgiving for having America pick Trump to lead us after at least quarter of a century with fairly poor, certainly tepid to downright anti-America leadership... to put the best face on that leadership.

Thanks DJT, Thanks God.

Would you please stop trying to intentionally derail threads with off topic posting ? If you want to discuss Clinton or abortion, start your own thread in the proper area of the forum....thank you

What good is a one-sided discussion where any reason is refused if it questions the leftist narrative and bias?

Back
Top Bottom