• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vets blast ‘fraud’ Trump over claim he raised $6 million: ‘His mouth writes....[W:38]

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Vets blast ‘fraud’ Trump over claim he raised $6 million: ‘His mouth writes....[W:38]

Vets blast ‘fraud’ Trump over claim he raised $6 million: ‘His mouth writes checks no one can cash’
Vets blast ‘fraud’ Trump over claim he raised $6 million: ‘His mouth writes checks no one can cash’

“…………“Donald Trump is a cheap fraud,” said Iraq veteran and VoteVets chairman Jon Soltz in a scathing press release. “In a classic fraud move, made himself look good to the public, by lying to the American people, and veterans, about how much he raised for veterans’ groups, when he hid behind them to get out of the GOP debate.”………

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1127a8-1d1f-11e6-b6e0-c53b7ef63b45_story.html

Trump will ‘definitely not’ attend next GOP debate and hold ‘competing event’

VoteVets Responds to News That Donald Trump Falsely Claimed He Raised $6 Million for Veterans | VoteVets.org
Now we know what Trump meant when he said “We are going to take care of our vets.”

BTW
Have you noticed he does not say “We are going to take care of our vets”
anymore in his stump speech?

Re: Vets blast ‘fraud’ Trump over claim he raised $6 million: ‘His mouth writes.....

This bull**** artist was against Trump since the beginning of his candidacy. He's a known anti-Republican gadfly and frequent contributor to the Keith Olbermann show.

In his role as chairman of VoteVets.org, Soltz called President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney "draft dodgers" in a news conference on Capitol Hill.[4] He also accused Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of "aiding the enemy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Soltz

When the dems want a veteran to talk dirt on republicans he gets the call, and probably a nice donation.

Re: Vets blast ‘fraud’ Trump over claim he raised $6 million: ‘His mouth writes.....

This bull**** artist was against Trump since the beginning of his candidacy. He's a known anti-Republican gadfly and frequent contributor to the Keith Olbermann show.

Does not mean he is not correct.

Trump said that he had raised 6 million dollars including 1 million donated by him. Now we are finding out, after the usual "Trump time", aka delays, that the actual donations/pledges did not get anywhere near 6 million. Fine, not all pledges come in, anyone can understand that. However Trump should have seized this opportunity and made up the difference no? He claims he is a very wealthy man.. a million or 2 extra would be him giving away one of his Rolex watches basically. Why did he not do that? Would be great positive PR.

No instead you have his people denying numbers, dodging questions and opening Trump up to new attacks and again these attacks are fully valid because of how he has handled the situation.

When the dems want a veteran to talk dirt on republicans he gets the call, and probably a nice donation.

Even if all you say is true.............

Can you disprove anything the news report states as wrong?

Trump is a serial liar.......and if you cannot see that...........what can I say?

Are you saying he is a liar? Can you prove it?

Unless you can........it matters not who/where the truth comes from........ Trump is a serial liar

Trump said that he had raised 6 million dollars including 1 million donated by him. Now we are finding out, after the usual "Trump time", aka delays, that the actual donations/pledges did not get anywhere near 6 million. Fine, not all pledges come in, anyone can understand that. However Trump should have seized this opportunity and made up the difference no? He claims he is a very wealthy man.. a million or 2 extra would be him giving away one of his Rolex watches basically. Why did he not do that? Would be great positive PR.

No instead you have his people denying numbers, dodging questions and opening Trump up to new attacks and again these attacks are fully valid because of how he has handled the situation.

What it means is that VoteVets.Org didn't get their share. They are entirely Leftist.

The WaPo article says some of those who pledged didn't come through. Trump wouldn't have known that for days or weeks afterwards.

I don't know why any Conservative would want to be associated with VoteVets.org. regardless.

Republicans treat veterans like dirt. Even I know that, so Trump is simply burnishing his Republican credentials in lying about his support for veterans.

What it means is that VoteVets.Org didn't get their share. They are entirely Leftist.
And how is that relevant?

He and his camp claimed that they had raised 6 million dollars for a good cause... does it matter if part of that cause might be left wing or right wing? Aint the key part "veteran" not if the persons are right wing, left wing, Muslim, Jewish, male or female?

Republicans treat veterans like dirt. Even I know that, so Trump is simply burnishing his Republican credentials in lying about his support for veterans.

Prove this.

Yeah, it pretty much does.

Fine, not all pledges come in, anyone can understand that.
Which is really makes this report nothing more than some idiot crying all in an effort to cast Trump in a negative light, while rational folks know it is a non-issue.

However Trump should have seized this opportunity and made up the difference no?
No. Did Jerry Lewis make up for all the pledges that were not realized in his telethons?

That is not proof.

There is a lot of proof in my link. Do you want me to read it for you, or can you take care of that task?

There is a lot of proof in my link.
Wrong.

Yes you are. Thanks for admitting that.

Yes you are. Thanks for admitting that.

It takes a strong man to admit he's wrong. I guess that excludes you.

It takes a strong man to admit he's wrong.
Thank you again confirming that you were wrong.

Whether that means you are "strong" or not is another matter of opinion.

Thank you again confirming that you were wrong.

Whether that means you are "strong" or not is another matter of opinion.

Looks like you're wrong yet again. Are you participating in some sort of contest?

Looks like you're wrong yet again.
As you were the only one wrong, you are projecting.
Still waiting on "proof".

As you were the only one wrong, you are projecting.
Still waiting on "proof".

Actually, I am not wrong on either count, that Republicans treat veterans like dirt, or that my link contained ready proof of the fact.

However, you did mention projection, so you're on the right track. Keep thinking deep thoughts!

Actually, I am not wrong on either count, that Republicans treat veterans like dirt, or that my link contained ready proof of the fact.
Wrong again.
You did not link to any proof.

Which is really makes this report nothing more than some idiot crying all in an effort to cast Trump in a negative light, while rational folks know it is a non-issue.

Lying about donating to a veteran's charity is a non-issue to "rational folks?"

I guess insulting POWs are non-issues as well.

Back
Top Bottom