• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

veterans homecoming from Iraq

tann

Reaction score
I was just curious to how the majority of people feel about the veterans coming home. I am a veteran of OIF and I have to tell you I never expected the dirty looks and comments I have received. I am not the one who proclaimed this war I just went to defend when I was called upon. I don't think people have to agree with the war to support the troops. I am not saying that you owe anything to us but we do not deserve dirty looks and comments. No one knows what the outcome of this war will be until another 10 years after it is over. Sorry just something I have to get off my chest ;) Please comment on what you think I really just want to know.

Tann,

I personally believe that it has been pounded into American culture that the President is to blame and not the American soldier. Though I still think President Bush is doing an outstanding job. Hopefully, not another person will have to live through the ridicule that was done on our troops when they returned from VN.

Thank you for your service BTW.

I support the troops, but I'm against the war and against the President.

Thanks for fighting for the country, sucks for the soldiers now who are fighting a stupid war. I still respect them for doing it though.

i completly support the troops and some of my best friends are serving in iraq as we speak. i have alot of respect for anyone who has the balls to answer their countrys call of duty in a time of war. the people that give our troops dirty looks upon returning home dont deserve the freedom the United States has to offer.

Dammit, of course we are behind you. No one ever has the right to look down on a soldier. Who the hell are they to judge you. I am so thankful for people like you. Screw anyone un-patriotic enough to give soldiers dirty looks. I applaud you. :D

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom