• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Veterans Day

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Today is Veterans Day and I am watching the ceromony honoring it on CSPAN......Vice President Cheney was the guest speaker and received a rousing ovation when introduced...........

The Pledge of Allegiance was recited and it came out loud and clear with "Under God" in it and rightfully so.......

I personally want to thank all veterans for their sacrafice and service to this country.......God Bless you all....

Last edited:
Yes, thank you Veterans, for all you have done and all you have sacrificed, and will continue to do, I salute you all.

Thanks to all who have served, who will serve, and who have given their lives in the name of freedom.

:2usflag: :july_4th: :july_4th: :memorial_

To all that have served this country, I applaud and thank you............

Ditto -- happy veteran's day.

Thanks to all of our brave veterans on this special day of commemorance.

vetday.jpg

“Remember Our Veterans”

Today we honor the men and women who have served our nation, both in war and in peace. Wherever they have served, our nation’s veterans have answered the call to defend our freedom, and if need be, to give their lives in its defense. Veterans Day reminds us of their sacrifices.

Veterans Day originally began as a celebration of peace.

http://www.peterson.af.mil/hqafspc/50th/Speeches.asp?YearList=2004&SpeechChoice=86

I can't really add much here, so I'll say thank you in infinitum for all who serve. Happy Veteran's Day.

I am going to use this space to render thanks and appreciation to my family who never turned down America's call to protect her interests.
My dad who served two tours in Vietnam as Marine Recon.
My granddad who served in WW2 and Korea in artillery.
Two uncles who both served in the Marines in Vietnam, one as a radio operator and the other infantry.
Relatives Ive never met but told stories about serving in the islands and Germany.
I hope I do them proud with my service and I will add my medals to my dads and hang them on their wall so my children can see them and be inspired.

59 days and Im comin home.

Back
Top Bottom