• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Veteran's Day isn't so Simple

Today is Veteran's Day in America and since I am an American Veteran, I thought I'd offer my thoughts. I'll be thinking about the 22 American Veterans who take their own lives, on average, every day. This seems to be the only day of the year when anyone even asks why that happens. I'll be thinking about the approximately 7000 American soldiers who should be with us as Veterans but aren't because our fool of a President decided to attack a country that had done nothing to us and as a result caused 7000 American military fatalities. I'll also be thinking about the over one million innocent citizens of Iraq who, according to Johns Hopkins University, died as a result of our stupid and misguided decision to go after Saddam Hussein who did nothing to us but who did, as our incredibly insipid Commander in Chief said, "threaten to kill my Daddy."

Speaking of insipid, George W. Bush was interviewed on CBS this past weekend. Ha had the nerve to say that he regretted nothing that he had done as President. He did admit that he had not envisioned the creation of groups like ISIL. Many of the leaders of ISIL were in the Iragi Army which probably wouldn't have disintergrated if some dummy hadn't taken their leader away but that's probably way too complicated for Mr. Bush to even comtemplate.

Lastly, I'm thinnking that it would be nice if there weren't any American Military Veterans because the American public had matured enough so that they decided to look for a better way. One of the things we need to do immediately is reinstate the military draft. If our leaders are going to decide that we have to resort to violence instead of thinking, at least they could have some skin in the game. I'm sure their children and grandchildren would love to serve and protect just like we common folk.

Did you volunteer to join the military?

Ok, I'll bite. Yes I did!

This country (and many others) have shameful histories of how the rich start the wars and the poor are sent to fight in them.

I honour and thank you for your service to your country and wish you all the best as your life progresses - I hope you find peace in your heart and in your mind, if nowhere else. As such, I won't comment on the content of your blog.

CanadaJohn;bt2920 said:
I honour and thank you for your service to your country and wish you all the best as your life progresses - I hope you find peace in your heart and in your mind, if nowhere else. As such, I won't comment on the content of your blog.

When the United States lives up to it's intent, I might find "peace in my heart" but, quite frankly, right now there whould be a lot of anger amongst the "good folks" instead of detachment! i would wish that you get involvbed in something meaningful that you were possionate about. Take Care!

DifferentDrummr;bt2919 said:
This country (and many others) have shameful histories of how the rich start the wars and the poor are sent to fight in them.
I appreciate and agree with your statement. How can America start acting like a country full of mature adults unless we pay attemtion to ALL of our history, not just the part that makes us proud!

Back
Top Bottom